Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:11 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -27207059/ :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 970745.stm :ayatollah:

Re: Toshack to wabble out of Wales job

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:42 pm

hope he goes before the next game

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/09/05/john-toshack-to-quit-as-wales-boss-91466-27207059/

The Quicker the Better :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:59 pm

i would give job b flynn doing good job for u21

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:00 pm

darran1927 wrote:i would give job b flynn doing good job for u21

Also, he knows the set up well, if not him, Tony Pullis on a part-time basics :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:i would give job b flynn doing good job for u21

Also, he knows the set up well, if not him, Tony Pullis on a part-time basics :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

not to sure on pulis he has done great at stoke but not sure if we have the players for his style of play

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:10 pm

If he is going to go, fuckoff now not wait till we cant qualify ffs :shock:

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 pm

the sooner the better.....

I'd like to see Gary Speed have a crack at it.....

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:21 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Happy days, Flynn with Speed as assistant would be good with the pair doing a Walter Smith and Aly McCoist type set up like they got at Rangers. Flynn teach Speed the ropes then when the time is right hand over the reins

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/09/05/john-toshack-to-quit-as-wales-boss-91466-27207059/ :ayatollah:

There's no time like the present.... :old: :old:

City legend (on not many games!!) but Wales failure. Must be all that dodgy air he breathed in down west in the 80's :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:48 am

great news hopes he resigns today, having endured some shocking performances in his reign including 5-1 or something drubbings from Slovakia, bye bye bye you had 6 years and the results speak for themselves.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Definetly needs to go, need to bring in someone with fresh ideas

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

dave jones would be good part time.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:52 pm

evans wrote:hope he goes before the next game

I was hoping he would go today and take Roy Evans with him but I have a feeling he may just stick around for a while.

This guy did nothing but disrespect Mark Hughes and his team maybe he should look at each of their win percentages, Mark Hughes won 29% of competitive matches, Toshack has won 20% of competitive matches.

He should leave with the eptitaph I did win matches against San Marino, Lichtenstein, Slovakia, Cyprus, Azerbajain and Northern Ireland.

Well done Tosh now piss off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:00 pm

He must have the best record in causing the early retirement of players whom are world class. Says it all :evil:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:51 pm

castleblue wrote:

This guy did nothing but disrespect Mark Hughes and his team maybe he should look at each of their win percentages, Mark Hughes won 29% of competitive matches, Toshack has won 20% of competitive matches.

surely that is wron - Toshack won 10 games so you reckon he managed 50 competitive games? that would be 4 campaigns

Hughes only won 4 - so you reckon he only managed 13.8 competitive games? he did almost that many in one campaign

Toshack has been a failure, but let;'s not kid ourselves into thinking that Hughes had a decent record. Apart from one win against Italy, albeit an amazing win, his record is actually worse.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:39 am

Nathan Walker wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/09/05/john-toshack-to-quit-as-wales-boss-91466-27207059/ :ayatollah:

TIME TO GO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:34 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:He must have the best record in causing the early retirement of players whom are world class. Says it all :evil:

I'm not saying that he shouldn't go now, but the only player who retired remotely anything like world class, was Ryan Giggs!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

castleblue wrote:

I was hoping he would go today and take Roy Evans with him but I have a feeling he may just stick around for a while.

He should leave with the eptitaph I did win matches against San Marino, Lichtenstein, Slovakia, Cyprus, Azerbajain and Northern Ireland.

With the Toshack v Hughes stats, you should also take into account the fact, that Tosh had to make do with a far younger and inexperienced squad of players (Whether this was down to the more established players retiring due to his personality or not), than Sparky had to choose from!

He did get other more notable performances from the senior team mind, particularly when we beat Norway 3-0 thirty months ago, when we lost 2-1 narrowly and unjustly IMO, to Russia away 2 years ago, when we lost 1-0 narrowly in Germany 2 years ago and the 3-0 trouncing of Scotland last November, when I suppose we all thought that the youngsters were coming through to the world stage at long last!

I suppose it may well be time for him to go now, but the fact of the matter still remains, we have a very small squad of players to choose from, especially ones with a proven pedigree! :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Some of the names being talked about are frankly embarassing :roll:

Chris Coleman ?! Oh yeah, the guy who was sacked by Coventry !

I haven't got a clue who I'd go for, the only two names who even half-persuade me are Giggs and Flynn.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:11 pm

I honestly cannot get my head around the fact people think Giggs would quit a few years early to manage Wales?

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:I honestly cannot get my head around the fact people think Giggs would quit a few years early to manage Wales?

I was stunned as well, Why would he give up being with one the Biggest Clubs in The World and is on fire at the moment.