Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Britain’s Got Talent

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:53 pm

A very good show tonight and the magicians were unbelievable. But how the hell did that guy win? Incredible

BGT last night

Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:44 am

I don't usually watch it ,but that black comedian on there last night what a discrace calling Winston Churchill black and every other thing that came out his mouth had sly undertones of defending black lives matter ,why do they let these people have air time .

Re: BGT last night

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:59 pm

ion wrote:I don't usually watch it ,but that black comedian on there last night what a discrace calling Winston Churchill black and every other thing that came out his mouth had sly undertones of defending black lives matter ,why do they let these people have air time .

Hes after the populist vote! Wont get far without talent you hope..

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:52 pm

What’s wrong with being black?

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:05 pm

davejohns74 wrote:What’s wrong with being black?

Nothing!! but nothing wrong in being white either...... :o bgt is suppose to be about talent not using it as a platform for racial diversity. :roll:

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Nothing!! but nothing wrong in being white either...... :o bgt is suppose to be about talent not using it as a platform for racial diversity. :roll:

Not the first time that he'd done that on BGT either; and one or two of the panel appeared to laud him! :?

It's not about being black or Muslim, it's about the message being sent out on a talent programme that will see the winner perform their act in front of royalty (maybe the Queen herself) and no way would that diatribe be allowed

I'm sure the guy will get many a gig going forward and if people want to listen, as is their prerogative, best of luck to them :thumbright:

I watched it and disagreed with the 'final three' to the point I doubted the telephone vote

We'll all have different views on what is entertainment (some of us regularly watch Neil Harris' Cardiff City! :laughing6: ) but of those in the final 3, my personal vote would have gone to the guy Steve Royle, who made me laugh in an old fashioned way! :lol:

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not the first time that he'd done that on BGT either; and one or two of the panel appeared to laud him! :?

It's not about being black or Muslim, it's about the message being sent out on a talent programme that will see the winner perform their act in front of royalty (maybe the Queen herself) and no way would that diatribe be allowed

I'm sure the guy will get many a gig going forward and if people want to listen, as is their prerogative, best of luck to them :thumbright:

I watched it and disagreed with the 'final three' to the point I doubted the telephone vote

We'll all have different views on what is entertainment (some of us regularly watch Neil Harris' Cardiff City! :laughing6: ) but of those in the final 3, my personal vote would have gone to the guy Steve Royle, who made me laugh in an old fashioned way! :lol:

Stopped watching it long time ago when judges started being stupid and voting in dross acts and leaving talented acts out...... thought it was about talent not judges whims...

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:47 pm

I watched it last night.

While he probably gained a few more fans, he is never going to be successful or was never going to win the show with a performance like that. Far too divisive.

There were a couple of bits I found amusing but he should have moved on to another subject rather than focusing on one thing for the entirety of his performance. I've seen the voting figures published, and I'm surprised he came as high as 4th.

At the same time, I would say they are just jokes and people should take them with a pinch of salt.

The example I would use is Frankie Boyle - when he first appeared on shows like Mock The Week he would say all sorts of things that people would be outraged about these days. At the time, they were seen as just jokes - which is the correct way to look at it in my opinion.

Personally I used my five free votes on the app for James and Dylan Piper, the Welsh father and son who did magic.

Can see why the winner won it. Good luck to him, seems like a genuinely decent person.

Enjoyed the theatrical performance by members of the London West End towards the end of the show.

All in all, I enjoyed the show.

Some people take shows like Britain's Got Talent and X Factor too seriously. It was a good entertaining couple of hours on a Saturday night.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Never watch the show, however I did read it has lost nearly 10 million viewers over the past few years.

That only happens when standards drop.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Never watch the show, however I did read it has lost nearly 10 million viewers over the past few years.

That only happens when standards drop.

I disagree.

Shows like X Factor and Britain's Got Talent mostly appeal to young people.

With the rise of online streaming, a lot of people now end up watching these shows hungover on a Sunday morning.

Re: Britain’s Got Talent

Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:24 pm

That black guy comedium so so blatantly racist got what he deserved..and b4 you say it i aint racist just very annoyed.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I watched it last night.

While he probably gained a few more fans, he is never going to be successful or was never going to win the show with a performance like that. Far too divisive.

There were a couple of bits I found amusing but he should have moved on to another subject rather than focusing on one thing for the entirety of his performance. I've seen the voting figures published, and I'm surprised he came as high as 4th.

At the same time, I would say they are just jokes and people should take them with a pinch of salt.

The example I would use is Frankie Boyle - when he first appeared on shows like Mock The Week he would say all sorts of things that people would be outraged about these days. At the time, they were seen as just jokes - which is the correct way to look at it in my opinion.

Personally I used my five free votes on the app for James and Dylan Piper, the Welsh father and son who did magic.

Can see why the winner won it. Good luck to him, seems like a genuinely decent person.

Enjoyed the theatrical performance by members of the London West End towards the end of the show.

Some people take shows like Britain's Got Talent and X Factor too seriously. It was a good entertaining couple of hours on a Saturday night.

Some fair points there, Ned :thumbup:

I also agree that the highlight of the evening was the musical medley from Cameron Mackintosh' shows :D

Fortunate enough to have seen all three wonderful productions with Les Miserables my favourite but I have to say how surprisingly good Mary Poppins was at the Millennium Centre! :clap:

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I watched it last night.

Some fair points there, Ned :thumbup:

I also agree that the highlight of the evening was the musical medley from Cameron Mackintosh' shows :D

Fortunate enough to have seen all three wonderful productions with Les Miserables my favourite but I have to say how surprisingly good Mary Poppins was at the Millennium Centre! :clap:

Very fortunate Chris :thumbright:

Exceptionally good performance last night.

The sooner the theatres can be operating again, the better.