Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff City big cut backs ‘

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:39 pm

‘ Cardiff City big cut backs ‘

Going on from my previous two topics on this and I do agree the club have had no other choice of the field due to the virus.

I am led told and led to believe that there has now been serious financial cut backs at Cardiff City behind the scenes.

I was speaking to someone yesterday who advised MeV there were multiple redundancies at the club and Scott Young was one of those affected. Hearing some high figures of people have been made redundant.

I knew that they were making cuts, but I was shocked at Scott going, I thought he was bullet-proof. The Int Business manager had been at the club for years too.

It’s also affected the ground staff cleaners and maintenance staff . Nearly all been made redundant.

The International Business Development Manager has also gone who reported into Ken Choo. Some high numbers were mentioned but I was surprised at Scott being affected as I said.

So since January Cardiff have cleared the under 23’s by releasing 10 players and moved out 11 first team players.

So hopefully our losses will now be far far less.

I know a couple more players City are trying to move out still.

And the £36mill just received from Sky and the sales of Neil Etheridge and Callum Paterson , I really hope Neil Harris gets the 3-4 players he needs ASAP.

Just to let you know the biggest names Dalman & Ken Choo are still here and living in London.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City big cut backs ‘

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:51 pm

It’s also affected the ground staff cleaners and maintenance staff . Nearly all been made redundant .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:52 pm

I think we'll see most clubs doing the same.

Especially for clubs in the EFL and below, who have all suffered a massive loss over recent months and will continue to into the new year - including us.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 pm

This season is bad enough but at least we have the "cushion" of the parachute payment to soften the blow somewhat.

I think I'm right in saying that we get no further parachute payments after this season?

If so next season is going to be apocalyptic.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 pm

davids wrote:This season is bad enough but at least we have the "cushion" of the parachute payment to soften the blow somewhat.

I think I'm right in saying that we get no further parachute payments after this season?

If so next season is going to be apocalyptic.

Davids, yes this is our last one.

We need promotion.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:21 pm

Imagine not having the parachute payment we would be fucked ,apparently the government is going to give efl a bail out

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:Imagine not having the parachute payment we would be fucked ,apparently the government is going to give efl a bail out

For once, I'm on the side of Government on this - they shouldn't be the ones to bail out EFL clubs.

It has to be the Premier League clubs who over the years have had a good relationship with EFL clubs. They now need to help them out when they need it most.

If not, there will only be 30 football clubs still in business.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Mascot and tea lady next :(

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Mascot and tea lady next :(

Surely the club can use the government job retention scheme

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:28 pm

stickywicket wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Mascot and tea lady next :(

Surely the club can use the government job retention scheme

Might be a bit late now and then the Gov have to close a business down before paying 2/3 of wage .

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:36 pm

All the clubs in the EFL bar the ones receiving parachute payments are in danger of going out of business this season. The Premiership clubs have a choice here, leave them collapse or risk the alternative.

The Alternative ?
All the supporters of the EFL clubs and lower league clubs who go out of business cancel their subscriptions to SKY.

Resulting in SKY not being able to pay said Premiership clubs, who will then not be able to pay the contracts of players and go out of business themselves.

Everybody starts again on a level playing field?
Mad i know but possible?
What is the most important ?
The Premierships wealth or your clubs survival?

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Imagine not having the parachute payment we would be fucked ,apparently the government is going to give efl a bail out

For once, I'm on the side of Government on this - they shouldn't be the ones to bail out EFL clubs.

It has to be the Premier League clubs who over the years have had a good relationship with EFL clubs. They now need to help them out when they need it most.

But isn't that what they have always wanted? A closed shop of sorts where the top clubs can never be relegated & nobody can be promoted to join their money party.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:21 am

I have said the same,when posters are banging on about £36m we have,as if we should be spending it on new players,I dread to think where we could be already.no fans is having a bigger effect than some believe,We could be losing 1/2 million,for each home game without fans,and the way things are going,thus could well stretch to end of season,or even further :shock: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:21 am

This is where having a Vincent Tan type owner comes in handy. We will be fine financially even if we have to sell players the club will survive unlike a lot of others

Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:52 am

The numbers shocked me tbh. What happens to those positions when we are back to normal I wonder?

Personally I thought the club was way over staffed in the first place behind the scenes and many with cars from our club.

Really sad for those who have worked many years for our club.
But this might help get clubs wages / expenses in order for the future .

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:30 am

A genuine question here, what is / was Scott Young’s role at the club?

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:35 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:A genuine question here, what is / was Scott Young’s role at the club?

Backroom coach, coach for academy etc

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:44 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

i agree you do know the governments money is ours and the more they borrow the more your children and grandchildrens futures are fucked, i never understand people who think theres no consequences of this massive spending spree.

our whole way of life including sport will be changed forever and the real pain hasnt hit yet.

football is not immune perhaps the players who have rode the gravy train for years could chip in ?

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 am

So with ALL these cuts going on WHY ado we keep the expense I’d DAlman and CHOO and paying ALL their expenses .Which I’m sure are substantial

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:A genuine question here, what is / was Scott Young’s role at the club?

Backroom coach, coach for academy etc

:thumbup:

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:The numbers shocked me tbh. What happens to those positions when we are back to normal I wonder?

Personally I thought the club was way over staffed in the first place behind the scenes and many with cars from our club.

how many employees did the club have at NP ?

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:48 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The numbers shocked me tbh. What happens to those positions when we are back to normal I wonder?

how many employees did the club have at NP ?

Less than quarter than at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:05 pm

john52 wrote:So with ALL these cuts going on WHY ado we keep the expense I’d DAlman and CHOO and paying ALL their expenses .Which I’m sure are substantial

Thats easy the guy paying the bills wants to , if he pulled out cardiff city would cease to exist in the professional game.

Im surprised Tan didnt tell us grow up and just leave.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:12 pm

There are cut backs in all jobs all around the world so nothing to see here that ain't happening elsewhere

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:07 pm

This year is about survival for our club, without money from fans clubs will be hard pushed to not go Bust.
As much as I want the Club to buy better players for a promotion push it’s more important to be here in the future.
Without the Premier money baling out lower leagues only the top will survive.

It’s not the government who should be paying.
If zillions can be spent on transfers when people are losing jobs Football needs to get there act together because without fans it’s like watching a training session.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:42 pm

Completely agree. A reality check for us and many others well overdue

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:56 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:There are cut backs in all jobs all around the world so nothing to see here that ain't happening elsewhere

Spot On .