Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jerome free agent

Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Looks to be signing for MK Don's on a free
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jerome free agent

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Better than what we have as back up for Moore

Could even be a good partnership playing the two together

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Too old and returning from 2 years in Turkey so no from me. Theres a reason why he is going to MK Don's :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Never go back, get a fresh new talent in new talent in

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:24 pm

Surely has to be a better option than Glatzel and Vassell .

Vassell is nowhere to be seen or even likely to be for a long time and Glatzel is awful. I'd rather play flint up front than him.

I agree he's not the answer permanently but we need someone through the door and if he's the best option then so be it

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:Better than what we have as back up for Moore

any idea how he did last year in Turkey ?

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:03 pm

skidemin wrote:

Apparently 8 goals 4 assists

Could he have done any worse than sicknote or Glatzel ?

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Apparently 8 goals 4 assists

Could he have done any worse than sicknote or Glatzel ?

tbh the turkish league isnt a bad standard.. so if he was playing and contributing why not...

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:15 pm

skidemin wrote:

He was poor! In turkey it's not unusual for a 34/35 yr olds to get contracts over there,they ( Göztepe) chose not to offer him a new one.
Anyway he has signed for me dons now. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:36 pm

Sometimes the opinions of our fans amazes me.

One minute they want us to sign young, promising players on loan from bigger clubs.

Next minute they want us to sign a 34-year-old who has a poor goalscoring record over the last couple of seasons and who's best offer has obviously come from a League One club who finished 19th last season.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Sometimes the opinions of our fans amazes me.

One minute they want us to sign young, promising players on loan from bigger clubs.

Next minute they want us to sign a 34-year-old who has a poor goalscoring record over the last couple of seasons and who's best offer has obviously come from a League One club who finished 19th last season.

well im open to both young and promising and old and can do a job...
and like me you have no idea how good an offer he has had from MK dons..

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:44 pm

As I said mate,I follow turkish super lig,he was poor last season,and if you look at player lists,34 yrs old is not unusual at all,the fact they released him,says enough!! :old: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 am

bluesince62 wrote:

As I said mate,I follow turkish super lig,he was poor last season,and if you look at player lists,34 yrs old is not unusual at all,the fact they released him,says enough!! :old: :bluebird:

I want saying I wanted us to sign him, I was saying he's surely a better option than a constantly injured Vassel.

If he's cheap and free then he could do a job for us alongside a better forward signing as we need two in reality

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:31 am

Jerome and Gunter havnt been picked up by championship clubs for a reason, their best years are behind them - at this level anyway. We need to be setting the bar higher than this.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:51 am

Wouldn't mind sturridge on a years contract,had a fairly good time at trabzonspor, 7 in 16 last scoring record,has something to offer Imho.don't know what he would want wage wise though?

My concern is people hoping Moore will score loads for us,and what will happen if he doesn't, he has only had one reasonable season to date,scoring 10 goals last year.I have already read posts about him not receiving the service,no offence to anyone,but it's the same for all our forwards,poor service,lack of opportunities. :old: :bluebird: