Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So Glatzel and Harris our only fit strikers

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:45 pm

With KM injured , its just Glatzel and Harris as our only strikers

Our transfer policy now coming home to roost

Re: So Glatzel and Harris our only fit strikers

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:02 pm

Agreed. I posted this some time ago. Because of Moore’s international involvement you had to keep either Ward or Patto as back up.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Brezza wrote:Agreed. I posted this some time ago. Because of Moore’s international involvement you had to keep either Ward or Patto as back up.

Ward missed the majority of the season anyway. Very injury prone. Has he featured for Huddersfield yet? Wouldnt surprise me if he's out. Hopefully moore isn't out for long and we bring an attacking player in.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:43 pm

Brezza wrote:Agreed. I posted this some time ago. Because of Moore’s international involvement you had to keep either Ward or Patto as back up.

Danny Ward is made of glass and is out injured atm :happy1:

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:

Danny Ward is made of glass and is out injured atm :happy1:

No surprise there. Nice guy and a decent player but he's injured more times than he's not.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 pm

I would play Murphy up front playing off A big man

Give him a new lease of life , he looks like a strikers role could suit him more than the wing .

Loads of wingers have converted successfully in the past , Ollie Watkins the latest example

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:34 am

thomasblue wrote:I would play Murphy up front playing off A big man

Give him a new lease of life , he looks like a strikers role could suit him more than the wing .

Loads of wingers have converted successfully in the past , Ollie Watkins the latest example

I'm with you on that.

Pace to burn a decent finish (every now and then) and doesn't like to track back. Chuck him up there.

We can't get a good cross in so he wouldn't have to head it.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:27 am

jimmy_rat wrote:

I'm with you on that.

Pace to burn a decent finish (every now and then) and doesn't like to track back. Chuck him up there.

That's a good idea, sadly, even though Harris has done 'ok', he doesn't seem to be particularly creative in changing things and trying different things.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:07 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

I'm with you on that.

That's a good idea, sadly, even though Harris has done 'ok', he doesn't seem to be particularly creative in changing things and trying different things.

Agree on both statements. Id play Murphy as a no.10. Does he offer less defensively than Tomlin when he plays? Play bacuna and ralls in the centre to do the dirty work then. Id even play ojo there but that means we lose his defensive work rate that Murphy doesn't provide on the wing. Ojo at 10 and whyte on the wing maybe?

No doubt Harris will play it safe though with pack bacuna and ralls. If we are not going to be more attacking id at least like to see vaulks come in for pack. Packs lack of pace means we can't press or counter with any sort of intensity.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:54 pm

fred keenor wrote:With KM injured , its just Glatzel and Harris as our only strikers

Our transfer policy now coming home to roost

What’s the problem? we only play one striker with one on the bench! Do you want a third to sit in the stand!

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 am

No need to panic all in hand and taken care of Vassels wheelchair has had a full service and he’s raring to go