Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football's Black Coalition.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:48 am

Daily Mail

English football's black coaches have launched a powerful new body aimed at tackling the game's racism crisis - Football's Black Coalition.
They want every professional club to have at least one black coach in the back room staff and for it to be eventually a law in football, they are backed by BLM.

Re: Football's Black Coalition.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:49 am

Anything backed by BLM is instantly worrying.
So a law is needed to have a black member of the back room staff? So much for the right person for the right job! Non black candidates will miss out to satisfy this ridiculous request.
I imagine this falls under “positive discrimination”

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Daily Mail

English football's black coaches have launched a powerful new body aimed at tackling the game's racism crisis - Football's Black Coalition.
They want every professional club to have at least one black coach in the back room staff and for it to be eventually a law in football, they are backed by BLM.

Horrendous, quotas never work. Anything backed by the mad Marxists of BLM should be binned.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:30 am

just as with players if your good enough you will get the job no matter what colour you are..

this is actually suggesting clubs are currently racist

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:54 pm

Positive action such as welcoming applicants from under represented groups is permitted but selecting a candidate based on any protected characteristic such as race is unlawful as this is positive discrimination. Of greater use is analysing why they are under represented as at a playing level teams are largely diverse where clearly for most ability is far more important than race. Understanding why fewer black players choose to go into coaching or if they do why they are not selected should be a more important focus

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:39 pm

I'm all for supporting equality but this is a bad idea if it passes. The only necessary legal action you should be able to pursue is if you can prove a club rejects a disproportionate number of black applicants unfairly. Requiring by law to have an applicant chosen based on race, gender, sexuality, etc is definitely not the way to go.

Is there a better source than the Daily Mail? A quote from a member of Football's Black Coalition who has confirmed what the Daily Mail are saying?

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:45 pm

So they want black coaches picked because they are black and not on merit, just to meet their quota.

Pretty insulting to black people in my opinion.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Daily Mail

Gay and trans be next if they agree to this.
Surely the person most qualified for the job should get it....

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:51 pm

You'll have women getting the job next.

;)

Merit only please

Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Fed up with football being used as a platform for all sorts of causes. Wish they’d all f-off and leave the game alone..

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Keep Cardif City Welsh. :D :D :D :D :D
One Welsh International player in the side and he was bought.
Not one Cardiff born player in the squad.Foreign owner as is the manager.
I wouldnt worry about the Black Coallition wheres the Welsh coalition. :old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:31 pm

stickywicket wrote:Keep Cardif City Welsh. :D :D :D :D :D
I wouldnt worry about the Black Coallition wheres the Welsh coalition. :old: :old: :old: :old:

spot on mate,

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:You'll have women getting the job next.

;)

Merit only please

Is that Julie Merit or Shirley Merit? :?

I think the latter is the better of the two...! ;) :laughing6:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:32 pm

stickywicket wrote:Keep Cardif City Welsh. :D :D :D :D :D

We sort of tried it under Trollope which ended poorly. Although I’d love to see more Welsh players in the team I would prefer if it’s not just a token gesture that disadvantages the squad. With the young welsh talent some of the big PL teams have I wouldn’t be against trying to get some of them on loan.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:39 am

blue for you wrote:Anything backed by BLM is instantly worrying.
So a law is needed to have a black member of the back room staff? So much for the right person for the right job! Non black candidates will miss out to satisfy this ridiculous request.
I imagine this falls under “positive discrimination”

just read anything on equity which our inions are pushing,they have abandoned all fairness to follow this sick ideology.

white working class boys are doing the worst in the uk for prospects.