Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City fan

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:14 am

Cardiff City fan sleeping, Ninian Park circa 1975
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City fan

Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:52 am

Jacket tied around the waist was fashionable then.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 am

Think it was the last game of the 75 season against Bolton and we were relegated that day, sure that picture featured the following Monday in the western mail.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:28 pm

frazier wrote:Think it was the last game of the 75 season against Bolton and we were relegated that day, sure that picture featured the following Monday in the western mail.

my first relegation...was gutted i honestly believed we could stay up...

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
frazier wrote:Think it was the last game of the 75 season against Bolton and we were relegated that day, sure that picture featured the following Monday in the western mail.

The following season made up for it, promotion and some quality football under Jimmy Andrews.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Jacket tied around the waist was fashionable then.

John Collier polyester light blue with pinstripes £15:99, :(
If it hadn’t been for me bringing quality stylish Glasgow fashion to Barry in 1975 you boys would still be dressing like that :lol:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:10 pm

frazier wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The following season made up for it, promotion and some quality football under Jimmy Andrews.

that is probably still my favourite season... we had a worse start than we had the season just gone..then Alston arrived, scored two on his debut and everything just seemed to fall into place from there..well more or less,i went to Swindon on boxing day and we got hammered but made up for it by scoring 5 at home the very next day...
seems like it wasnt that long ago... 45 years... :lol:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Jock wrote:

If it hadn’t been for me bringing quality stylish Glasgow fashion to Barry in 1975 you boys would still be dressing like that :lol:

im reading your post and the john collier ,john collier the window to watch advert just invaded my brain...

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
Jock wrote:

im reading your post and the john collier ,john collier the window to watch advert just invaded my brain...

Sorry mate :lol:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:24 pm

John Collier advert. What a flash back

:)

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:35 pm

[quote="Big Hill Blue"]John Collier advert. What a flash back

:)[/quote

must have been a good advert... Jock mentions it and off goes the jingle in my head..

Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:26 am

Jock wrote:

:laughing6: You got to be a Slaters man now Jock... :old: :D

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:49 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Jock wrote:

:laughing6: You got to be a Slaters man now Jock... :old: :D

No mate, I’m a 63 year old who my mates wife says dresses like a teenager. :lol:

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:53 am

:bluebird: good mob that all dressers and not a scarf in sight....

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:35 am

crewkerne blue wrote::bluebird: good mob that all dressers and not a scarf in sight....

Pwopa naughty.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:44 am

There's no 'runners' there!!

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 am

Look at the men in the back ground with there jackets,shirts,and tie's wow what a flash back all of us youngters in our flares and wranglers used to think that these people were old fashioned and not with it, but of course they were just good old city fans like the rest of us, what will fans think of our dress sense in 45 years time!!

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Disgraceful shows a lack of respect for the players and club ;)

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Disgraceful shows a lack of respect for the players and club ;)

:thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: