Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's quite simple really - for Wales to move forward........

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:10 am

.....the dinosaur has to go.

Toshack is old and fecked with his ideas, we need a modern day manager, part-time if necessary.

We ain't going anywhere nationally until he's out and the great young guns we have are managed by someone they trust and want to play for.

Re: It's quite simple really - for Wales to move forward........

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:19 am

arri potta wrote:.....the dinosaur has to go.

Toshack is old and fecked with his ideas, we need a modern day manager, part-time if necessary.

We ain't going anywhere nationally until he's out and the great young guns we have are managed by someone they trust and want to play for.

Could Not Agree More, He should of gone a long time ago.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:23 am

we looked a poor team last night, and we do for a change have quality there

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:27 am

I really dont understand why he was appointed in the first place. He was over critical of our players under Hughes and hadn't managed a team for years.

With all the talent we've got, I think he'll go down as one of the worst Wales managers in history considering he knows nothing but failure.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:58 am

Iknow Hughes had his faults, but the players wanted to play for him and we played an exciting brand of attackiong football under him, and the crowds showed that. No fucker wants to turn up and watch Toshack sides

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 am

Get Tony Pulis in there part time

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:21 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Iknow Hughes had his faults, but the players wanted to play for him and we played an exciting brand of attackiong football under him, and the crowds showed that. No fucker wants to turn up and watch Toshack sides

Have to disagree there mate...I thought we were very one dimentional under Sparky. lump the ball up to Hartson..hold it up..then bring into play Davies, Bellamy etc. Don't get me wrong, we got the results early on but then teams sussed us out and we tailed off badly two thirds of our way through the campaign..there were glimpses last night of good play from Wales, but as usual we were far from solid at the back

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 am

I think its time for a change at the top, he's had chance after chance and it just dont seem to be happening under him, a good player, a good club manager but as manager of wales he's been a let down..... just my view of course.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Iknow Hughes had his faults, but the players wanted to play for him and we played an exciting brand of attackiong football under him, and the crowds showed that. No fucker wants to turn up and watch Toshack sides

You mean by sitting back, defending and hoping to catch teams on counter attack with the long ball?

People are vastly overestimating the Hughes era, tbh - one good year and let's forget the shitty years surrounding that

People cried out for Tosh to use a more attacking formation - which he did. Target man, Bale, Bellamy playing off him.

What let us down was Ricketts having a shocker, defence looking a bit shaky as midfield, Vaughan aside who sprayed some good passes, were totally and utterly anonymous, offering us nothing defending or going forward.

If we can field a midfield of Vaughan, Collison, Ramsey then the performances will be far better.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:

Have to disagree there mate...I thought we were very one dimentional under Sparky. lump the ball up to Hartson..hold it up..then bring into play Davies, Bellamy etc. Don't get me wrong, we got the results early on but then teams sussed us out and we tailed off badly two thirds of our way through the campaign..there were glimpses last night of good play from Wales, but as usual we were far from solid at the back

True, but just think, we were one bad/missed tackle away from a decent result last night. Collins is usually a very reliable defender for us, but what he was doing when he attempted to tackle their number 9 last night, God only knows. That bloke tore us apart.

I do agree with the fact that, under Hughes, we hit the lowest point, but, like I said, players wanted to play for him and we may not have had the retirements to key players that we did. Love him or hate him, sometimes we could have done with Savage's bite in midfield

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:

True, but just think, we were one bad/missed tackle away from a decent result last night. Collins is usually a very reliable defender for us, but what he was doing when he attempted to tackle their number 9 last night, God only knows. That bloke tore us apart.

I do agree with the fact that, under Hughes, we hit the lowest point, but, like I said, players wanted to play for him and we may not have had the retirements to key players that we did. Love him or hate him, sometimes we could have done with Savage's bite in midfield

I totally agree with that mate...I do worry though, who would we replace Tosh with? Too early for Speed/Giggs...Pullis is another long ball merchant...at a time when we have potentially the most skillfull attacking midfield in living memory (when all fit). You're imo about a few defenders going misiing last night (Rickets, Collins) ...though they were badly exposed by the lack of presence from Ledley and Edwards. We'll get better when our injured players return though

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:25 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:I totally agree with that mate...I do worry though, who would we replace Tosh with? Too early for Speed/Giggs...Pullis is another long ball merchant...at a time when we have potentially the most skillfull attacking midfield in living memory (when all fit). You're imo about a few defenders going misiing last night (Rickets, Collins) ...though they were badly exposed by the lack of presence from Ledley and Edwards. We'll get better when our injured players return though

I think that some of our players lack of game time didn't helkp, but Toshack could have helped himself and the team by playing Andy King instead of Edwards. I think King should be used more often until Ramsey and Collison are ready to come back

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:41 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:I totally agree with that mate...I do worry though, who would we replace Tosh with? Too early for Speed/Giggs...Pullis is another long ball merchant...at a time when we have potentially the most skillfull attacking midfield in living memory (when all fit). You're imo about a few defenders going misiing last night (Rickets, Collins) ...though they were badly exposed by the lack of presence from Ledley and Edwards. We'll get better when our injured players return though

I think that some of our players lack of game time didn't helkp, but Toshack could have helped himself and the team by playing Andy King instead of Edwards. I think King should be used more often until Ramsey and Collison are ready to come back

Good player King...He'll be Premier class at some stage I think...I don't think we're out yet..plenty of points to play for...and some good players to come back in. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Good player King...He'll be Premier class at some stage I think...I don't think we're out yet..plenty of points to play for...and some good players to come back in. :ayatollah:

yeah, exactly. You'd have to be an idiot to think we're out after the first result, it was the first game. Keep the faith :ayatollah: