Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenneth Zohores loss of form & his Bentley

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Kenneth Zohore's Bentley - and lost focus

Warnock recalls how Kenneth Zohore's purchase of a new car made him concerned about the player's focus.

Zohore, having previously been rejuvenated by Warnock in dramatic fashion, was a source of major disappointment to his manager, who was adamant he could thrive in the Premier League.

Warnock believes the Dane had become distracted amid the riches of the top flight. The striker would score just one goal all season and left for West Brom in the summer of 2019.

Neil Warnock:

Warnock says: "The problem with Ken was that he did well and we won promotion, and players are so looked-after with agents now.

“I remember Ken coming in with a brand new Bentley in pre-season and I thought that's wrong. I didn't think the agent should let him have a car like that and for me he was never the same."

Re: Kenneth Zohores loss of form & his Bentley

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Kenneth Zohore's Bentley - and lost focus

Warnock recalls how Kenneth Zohore's purchase of a new car made him concerned about the player's focus.

Zohore, having previously been rejuvenated by Warnock in dramatic fashion, was a source of major disappointment to his manager, who was adamant he could thrive in the Premier League.

Warnock believes the Dane had become distracted amid the riches of the top flight. The striker would score just one goal all season and left for West Brom in the summer of 2019.

Neil Warnock:

Warnock says: "The problem with Ken was that he did well and we won promotion, and players are so looked-after with agents now.

“I remember Ken coming in with a brand new Bentley in pre-season and I thought that's wrong. I didn't think the agent should let him have a car like that and for me he was never the same."

We robbed west brom over 10 million for him with the promotion bonus :lol: 1.5 million for moore a proven goal scorer or 8 million for one season wonder zohore :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Only one goal in the Premier League but how we celebrated that late winner at Southampton!

"I'm back!"

One of the most enjoyable moments of that season together with the Camarasa scorcher at Leicester and the Mendez double at Old Trafford.

Another player who seemed to have so many qualities needed to be a success but ultimately couldn't put it all together consistently enough.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

We robbed west brom over 10 million for him with the promotion bonus :lol: 1.5 million for moore a proven goal scorer or 8 million for one season wonder zohore :lol:

Good way of looking at it. Lets hope Moore does not let us down like Zohore did.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

I still cant believe WBA paid that much :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

I think we paid 3 million for him so 7 million profit

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:20 pm

He did alright for us in that short time but was never the full package I find it embrassing for him that Paterson was then put up front and did an even better job than him I remember thinking when they said he was worth five million I thought he was overpriced then makes you wonder who values these players

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

Warnock says: "The problem with Ken was that he did well and we won promotion, and players are so looked-after with agents

now.

I thought Tan bought him for about 300k? He is certainly one of the few players we actually made a profit on selling!

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

Warnock says: "The problem with Ken was that he did well and we won promotion, and players are so looked-after with agents

now.

I thought Tan bought him for about 300k? He is certainly one of the few players we actually made a profit on selling!

No I sure it was much more

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

now.

I thought it was around 300k as well. Wiki saying around 1mill but not sure how accurate that is. Either way, we mugged west brom off :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

now.

I thought it was around 300k as well. Wiki saying around 1mill but not sure how accurate that is. Either way, we mugged west brom off :lol:

I'm sure it work out at 3 million but I could be wrong but great business

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:28 pm

If you remember he was sold to tans other club then loaned straight to us coz we were under an embargo, then signed permanent in the summer

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:44 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Neil Warnock:

Good way of looking at it. Lets hope Moore does not let us down like Zohore did.

He should buy a Fiat Punto.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:35 pm

When he was ripping defences apart in the season and a half before we got promotion, I thought we had a budding Lukaku on our hands, he was that unplayable at times. That form shown today would catapult him into the £20m bracket. It just shows that unless the right attitude is allied to skill, it ultimately counts for nothing.