Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We want Sam Hammam walking round the pitch

Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:26 pm

thomasblue wrote:I want Vincent Tan walking round the pitch so we can thank him for keeping the club going financially and saving the club after years of mismanagement of previous owners , giving us the most successful period in the clubs history and constantly pumping multi millions in breaking transfer record after transfer record. And still to this day keeping us going under awful circumstances regarding the virus.

Best owner this club has ever had by a long long way - FACT

Second that. Sam Hammam is a leach

Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:57 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:As the OP on this post, its been interesting to see opinions. Both Sam and Vincent Tan have their absolute merits.

Will be forever grateful to VT, saved the club, poured his own personal wealth into the club, but I don't believe he has an affinity to Football, or its supporters. For many millions there is an emotional attachment to a Town or City's football club. Apart from the red, this is the only area where VT has fallen short (Not failed). Tan deserves to get back as much of his investment as he can when he sells, and I believe he is a completly honourable man.

Sam for me, connects the club to the fans, shares the passion, is a football supporter and has an affinity to the club. When an owner gets excited about his club, it rubs off. Sam never had an opportunity to flex his muscles in the Premiership. Had he had such an opportunity, I personally think his speculate to accumulate approach would have been better suited and would have been really well supported by the City faithful.

Again, It's only my opinion. Tan will keep us safe, Hammam would push us on.

Sorry sam was only interested in himself and what he could get out off club.... call me a sceptic but to me he had one objective obtain the ground just like Wimbledon the parallels are very similar even the council knew this and wouldn't let him near the ground! Yes sam brought fans together ect but did that at Wimbledon and ask them their thoughts on sam now? Anyway hes gone and long may it remain so.. :old:

how about explaining what you see as this this ground conspiracy... and the similarity to Wimbledon..

Allan is the best at sniping, but then hides when asked van honest question.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I want Vincent Tan walking round the pitch so we can thank him for keeping the club going financially and saving the club after years of mismanagement of previous owners , giving us the most successful period in the clubs history and constantly pumping multi millions in breaking transfer record after transfer record. And still to this day keeping us going under awful circumstances regarding the virus.

Best owner this club has ever had by a long long way - FACT

Second that. Sam Hammam is a leach

Can you support that with facts or are you another duplicate name?

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:As the OP on this post, its been interesting to see opinions. Both Sam and Vincent Tan have their absolute merits.

Will be forever grateful to VT, saved the club, poured his own personal wealth into the club, but I don't believe he has an affinity to Football, or its supporters. For many millions there is an emotional attachment to a Town or City's football club. Apart from the red, this is the only area where VT has fallen short (Not failed). Tan deserves to get back as much of his investment as he can when he sells, and I believe he is a completly honourable man.

Sam for me, connects the club to the fans, shares the passion, is a football supporter and has an affinity to the club. When an owner gets excited about his club, it rubs off. Sam never had an opportunity to flex his muscles in the Premiership. Had he had such an opportunity, I personally think his speculate to accumulate approach would have been better suited and would have been really well supported by the City faithful.

Sorry sam was only interested in himself and what he could get out off club.... call me a sceptic but to me he had one objective obtain the ground just like Wimbledon the parallels are very similar even the council knew this and wouldn't let him near the ground! Yes sam brought fans together ect but did that at Wimbledon and ask them their thoughts on sam now? Anyway hes gone and long may it remain so.. :old:

how about explaining what you see as this this ground conspiracy... and the similarity to Wimbledon..

He sold Plough Lane for a lot of money and left Wimbledon homeless.

Sam wanted a new stadium when he was with us. Where are the similarities between selling Plough Lane and planning on having CCS?

There are none Ian ,
But you can see the usual Suspects then disappear as they only come out with the ship and gossip from the media , no hard facts.

I will give a hard fact, when Sam sold Wimbledon they were still in the Premier League, never relegated.

But I want to concentrate on what matters to me, Cardiff City and I will stand by this and all real fans know this Cardiff City were a dying club until Sam came in and we were going no where.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:03 am

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Wimbledon football club had bought the ground from the council for 100k.... one year later Sam bought it off the club for £ 3 million... Winbledon continued to play there until the Taylor report
14 years later , and 8 years since Wimbledon had played their last first team game there and also after he had sold his interest in the club,, he sold Plough lane...its a bit of a push calling a club homeless that had not played there for 8 years and whose owners were looking at relocating

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:46 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Sam wanted a new stadium when he was with us. Where are the similarities between selling Plough Lane and planning on having CCS?

It sort of leans in as to why the council wouldn’t let him have full control of the land etc.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There are none Ian ,
But you can see the usual Suspects then disappear as they only come out with the ship and gossip from the media , no hard facts.

I will give a hard fact, when Sam sold Wimbledon they were still in the Premier League, never relegated.

But I want to concentrate on what matters to me, Cardiff City and I will stand by this and all real fans know this Cardiff City were a dying club until Sam came in and we were going no where.

Usual suspects? I’ve been very balanced in my views on both Sam and Tan here.

This board exists on media conjecture.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:19 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There are none Ian ,

Usual suspects? I’ve been very balanced in my views on both Sam and Tan here.

This board exists on media conjecture.

To be fair to you, you have been very balanced compared to any of the Anti Sam posters :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:35 am

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It sort of leans in as to why the council wouldn’t let him have full control of the land etc.

it doesnt lean in unless your desperately looking for things to lean in.. he bought and sold plough lane over a 14 year period and Wimbledon were not playing there when he so;d it ..and infact could not play premier league games at plough lane...

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:12 pm

I’m still waiting for my replies from the posters who just posted abuse, but not once stated a fact and then would not reply to my questions.

I gave respect back and answered as usual to them.

So I am now making it a sticky as I am awaiting the replies :thumbright:

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:Came in when the club was on it's knees.

It was still there when he left.

David’s,

Two promotions / No relegations

Left Top of the Championship , 6pts clear.

Outline planning for a new stadium £80mill, 110 acres.

A squad of players left worth more than the debt.

Crowds tripled :bluebird:

All fair points and I can remember clearly the excitement when Sam took over and the feeling that at last we were really going somewhere. There can be no doubt that without Sam coming on board we would almost certainly never have enjoyed the success the club has over the last dozen or so years.

But the way it ended left a bit of a nasty taste in the mouth. Who can forget the desperate sale of our captain - whisked off to Wigan by helicopter and the depth of feeling at the Sheffield United game that followed?

The unfortunate fact is that with Sam in charge the Council would never have signed off on the new stadium.

There was the shady situation with Langston and the alleged demand at the eleventh hour of takeover negotiations for a further half a million pounds before agreeing to signing the paperwork.

Ultimately Sam bit off more than he could chew. He deserves a heck of a lot of credit for what he started but for me he had taken us as far as he could and had to leave for us to progress.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Look Annis,we all know your very pro Hamman but you should accept that others may take a very different view.If this was an anti Tan thread you'd be all over it.I just don't see how banning someone thats got a different opinion to you helps this forum.If people can't post their views without getting banned whats the point.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Look Annis,we all know your very pro Hamman but you should accept that others may take a very different view.If this was an anti Tan thread you'd be all over it.I just don't see how banning someone thats got a different opinion to you helps this forum.If people can't post their views without getting banned whats the point.

Agree ,time to stop the divide bullshit ,this forum use to be top ,

I have been accused of making everything about Tan, asked for proof of that,and am still waiting for evidence to support the accusation. (Because it doesn't exist!) I even had a pm telling me to stop making everything about Tan! ! When the simple truth is,I have defended tan occasionally (my perogative ) which for some, seems to be a red rag to a bull,and you are spot on,not everybody sees things in the same light,that's the joy of being individual.

But to ban someone because of their entitled opinion,is a bit like taking your ball home at half time,because you can :roll:
I too have asked why the "divide"posts starting to appear? What will be the objectives? To me it's clearly a chance to have a pop at our owner,manager,board etc,perhaps in the hope that tan leaves/sells us.
We need to stay united,otherwise the work of their hero,will soon be gone!! Or is that what some would prefer?? Crazy if true. :old: :bluebird: (if I'm not back,I've been banned :lol: )

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:52 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Look Annis,we all know your very pro Hamman but you should accept that others may take a very different view.If this was an anti Tan thread you'd be all over it.I just don't see how banning someone thats got a different opinion to you helps this forum.If people can't post their views without getting banned whats the point.

Agree ,time to stop the divide bullshit ,this forum use to be top ,

I have been accused of making everything about Tan, asked for proof of that,and am still waiting for evidence to support the accusation. (Because it doesn't exist!) I even had a pm telling me to stop making everything about Tan! ! When the simple truth is,I have defended tan occasionally (my perogative ) which for some, seems to be a red rag to a bull,and you are spot on,not everybody sees things in the same light,that's the joy of being individual.

But to ban someone because of their entitled opinion,is a bit like taking your ball home at half time,because you can :roll:
I too have asked why the "divide"posts starting to appear? What will be the objectives? To me it's clearly a chance to have a pop at our owner,manager,board etc,perhaps in the hope that tan leaves/sells us.
We need to stay united,otherwise the work of their hero,will soon be gone!! Or is that what some would prefer?? Crazy if true. :old: :bluebird: (if I'm not back,I've been banned :lol: )

tbh mate Tan has not been slaughtered in this thread... Sam has..

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:57 am

Sam Hamman should take no credit for our current success whatsoever.

He started a small period of success in the club granted but our current position both financially and league position is down to Vincent Tan and his very generous financial management of our club.

Its like saying Rick Wright is to thank for the sam years because if it wasn't for him then Sam wouldn't have bought us.

Its actually a insult to our owner to say a guy from 20 years ago who constantly takes our club to court, threatens with administration and demands millions from us has anything to do with the Success Vincent Tan has brought to this club.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:12 am

thomasblue wrote:Sam Hamman should take no credit for our current success whatsoever.

He started a small period of success in the club granted but our current position both financially and league position is down to Vincent Tan and his very generous financial management of our club.

Its like saying Rick Wright is to thank for the sam years because if it wasn't for him then Sam wouldn't have bought us.

Its actually a insult to our owner to say a guy from 20 years ago who constantly takes our club to court, threatens with administration and demands millions from us has anything to do with the Success Vincent Tan has brought to this club.

Rick Wright had a Massive impact on Sam buying us. Suddenly a team in the lower leagues were getting 17,000 fans at games and taking loads away. I used to be so proud when I saw that about our crowds.

Sam took us to division one (championship) so had an impact on current times. However he also had an impact on the debt that followed. Debt we couldn’t afford to pay. At least the debt now we can afford and we aren’t risking administration or worse.

For that I thank Tan and acknowledge him as our best owner ever. Safe hands.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:43 am

thomasblue wrote:Sam Hamman should take no credit for our current success whatsoever.

I've got to say that I found your logic questionable here.

Sam took us from the old 4th division into the Championship. He left us at the top of the Championship. That is not a small period of success but one massive step forward. Also show us where Sam took us to court and threatened us with Administration. He tried to mediate a settlement of the money that was owed to him and I recall him saying he would never take us into administration. In fact it was the Riddler that threatened us with Personal Administration if Sam won any court case against us. That court case the Riddler mentioned never came which told me Sam had no intention of going that way.

As for Tan he came in when we needed that final push to get to the Premier. He came in because he saw the money. Without the giant step from Sam we would have never heard of Tan.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:24 am

The name calling and insults started , why could it not be a great debate and stay that way, no the usual ones like Jason just kept posting insults , which I had to delete , why not just post honest replies etc.

Martin,

There is no one trying to divide, I never started this topic and I tried to stay of it and I can’t stand by and let a lot of lies be said.

I never make topics on Tan or Sam anymore .

As to banning Jason was not banned for this topic, he was behind trying to sabotage this forum before and got involved in making another one against this one and tried to get everyone to leave this one and once he failed badly he cane back and tried to stir shit again , then got banned then asked to come back yrs later and in the last month he has only one aim to stir up everything and he tries to divide big time.
Don’t forget you were one of them and it’s the same group at it again.

I will lock this topic, to calm things down .

Those who never want to post again , no problem :thumbright:
But don’t just come back on here trying to divide and stir shut up.
Just go on other forums .

I love good debates / different opinions, but posters can’t just shout shit and then never answer etc