Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We want Sam Hammam walking round the pitch

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:16 am

My opinion....

Re: We want Sam Hammam walking round the pitch

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 am

Barclay1 wrote:My opinion....

We are in no financial position to add another 600k a year (or whatever it would be now) to our wage bill.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:48 am

I can see it happening not too far away.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:50 am

maccydee wrote:

We are in no financial position to add another 600k a year (or whatever it would be now) to our wage bill.

:lol:

What do you think Dalman & Choo get :lol:

Plus all their living costs and both living in London, Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:01 am

No ta

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Can you point that out in the accounts ?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:07 am

If only they could get on I think the following could be a "Dream Team"

Tan - Overall Head of Operations

Dalman & Choo - 1st team operations

Sam - Head of Youth Development

Offer Sam a basic salary and a decent percentage of any sell on through the academy - and I think we could have something special in a few years.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:09 am

I want Vincent Tan walking round the pitch so we can thank him for keeping the club going financially and saving the club after years of mismanagement of previous owners , giving us the most successful period in the clubs history and constantly pumping multi millions in breaking transfer record after transfer record. And still to this day keeping us going under awful circumstances regarding the virus.

Best owner this club has ever had by a long long way - FACT

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:47 am

Can be our mascot dressed as dick turpin walking around pitch until fans allowed back in ground! :shock:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:59 am

Be carefull what you wish for barclay 1 :!: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:10 pm

People talk about Tan saying that we should be grateful, kept the club alive etc. This is all true.

However the last few seasons we haven't really had great player investment - even in the prem where we had a great opportunity to stay up.

I for one am grateful for Tan for keeping Cardiff as a football club afloat, however I would opt for an owner who would want to get us to the next step (eg Leicester, Bournemouth) so in my opinion would welcome a change.

Whether that's Sam I don't know.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can be our mascot dressed as dick turpin walking around pitch until fans allowed back in ground! :shock:

We certainly can and that can be you Allan :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

wages in general are in the accounts and not what individuals earn...which you most likely know.. as you also know they are not doing yjeir jobs for nothing.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:29 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Be carefull what you wish for barclay 1 :!: :ayatollah:

well some of us had wished for an owner to come along and believe in our club for decades mate... and it took someone from Lebanon to be that person. the youngsters have no idea how bad it was pre Sam ...and the older ones that should remember do not because they were at home with a liverpool top on watching world of sport ....am i grateful to Tan ? yes i am... but would VT have even heard of Cardiff City before SH came along ? no he wouldnt have...

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:34 pm

skidemin wrote:

well some of us had wished for an owner to come along and believe in our club for decades mate... and it took someone from Lebanon to be that person. the youngsters have no idea how bad it was pre Sam ...and the older ones that should remember do not because they were at home with a liverpool top on watching world of sport ....am i grateful to Tan ? yes i am... but would VT have even heard of Cardiff City before SH came along ? no he wouldnt have...

The most sensible post for years on this forum , I salute you :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:35 pm

skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

wages in general are in the accounts and not what individuals earn...which you most likely know.. as you also know they are not doing yjeir jobs for nothing.

Correct , I do know that :thumbright:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Correct , I do know that :thumbright:

i think most people know they get paid mate but take pot shots knowing the wages of individuals are not available in the accounts.. its the same at the majority of clubs...and business in general.. Choo and Dalman didnt wake up one morning and decide they wre Cardiff fans.. CE0s of a businesses with 9 figure turn overs earn good money ..shock...

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Will never be able to. Paid by Tan via Berjaya Group I distinctly remember reading.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:32 pm

thomasblue wrote:I want Vincent Tan walking round the pitch so we can thank him for keeping the club going financially and saving the club after years of mismanagement of previous owners , giving us the most successful period in the clubs history and constantly pumping multi millions in breaking transfer record after transfer record. And still to this day keeping us going under awful circumstances regarding the virus.

Turn that into a song

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:34 pm

No thanks ,its like a relationship never got back to your exes it very rarely works out, ex for a reason :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:36 pm

skidemin wrote:

100% true.

He really got us believing in our club again. He turned what Rick Wright did and then pushed it onwards. It was amazing being early 20s and watching Cardiff home and away during those times. The club was one and there was so much passion on the pitch. I can’t think of a better time than the Leeds game. We beat the team that were top of the Premier League.

The players cared then a lot too.

It was good times for sure.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:38 pm

maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Will never be able to. Paid by Tan via Berjaya Group I distinctly remember reading.

i havent read that or seen it claimed ..?
can you point that out ?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:53 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

100% true.

He really got us believing in our club again. He turned what Rick Wright did and then pushed it onwards. It was amazing being early 20s and watching Cardiff home and away during those times. The club was one and there was so much passion on the pitch. I can’t think of a better time than the Leeds game. We beat the team that were top of the Premier League.

RICK was a false dawn, it lasted a couple of years { only one of which was good } and off he went and it was back to the doldrums mate.. when Sam turned up we had just been relegated AGAIN after a one year cameo appearance in the third tier and had finished in the bottom 4 of the bottom division TWICE in the previous 5 years...
the funny thing is there are twice as many fans willing to stick it to Sam than were actually turning up for games before his involvement...
and yes they were great times...

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

100% true.

RICK was a false dawn, it lasted a couple of years { only one of which was good } and off he went and it was back to the doldrums mate.. when Sam turned up we had just been relegated AGAIN after a one year cameo appearance in the third tier and had finished in the bottom 4 of the bottom division TWICE in the previous 5 years...
the funny thing is there are twice as many fans willing to stick it to Sam than were actually turning up for games before his involvement...

That season and a half with Rick Wright and Eddie May though. Massive crowds and got so many young fans into the club.

Are you going to Scunthorpe?? lol.

I think it was that and the 17,000 crowds we were getting that put us on Sam’s Radar.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:

No thanks ,its like a relationship never got back to your exes it very rarely works out, ex for a reason :lol:

ever thought of this as a gimmick ?
a little colourful envelope free with chips... maybe a picture of you with a big moustache and wearing chinese gear with confucius wez on it... open it up and one of these one liner lifes lesson inside ?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Crook , liar , bullshitter who threatened to put our club into admin many a time.
No thanks horrible man who nearly killed my club.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

100% true.

That season and a half with Rick Wright and Eddie May though. Massive crowds and got so many young fans into the club.

I think it was that and the 17,000 crowds we were getting that put us on Sam’s Radar.

Ricky Wright was a cracking owner he told it like it was and got everyone involved no bullshit

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:31 pm

skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

ever thought of this as a gimmick ?
a little colourful envelope free with chips... maybe a picture of you with a big moustache and wearing chinese gear with confucius wez on it... open it up and one of these one liner lifes lesson inside ?

Good idea :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

100% true.

Ricky Wright was a cracking owner he told it like it was and got everyone involved no bullshit

Agree

Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 pm

thomasblue wrote:I want Vincent Tan walking round the pitch so we can thank him for keeping the club going financially and saving the club after years of mismanagement of previous owners , giving us the most successful period in the clubs history and constantly pumping multi millions in breaking transfer record after transfer record. And still to this day keeping us going under awful circumstances regarding the virus.

I very rarely agree with your assessments of players but you got this spot on about Vincent Tan. We have a successful and well run club due to this man and this man only imo :thumbup: