Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Nottingham Forest appoint new manager "

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Nottingham Forest have sacked their manager and replaced him on the same day

Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce the appointment of Chris Hughton as the club’s new manager.

Hughton joins the club with a wealth of managerial experience, leading both Newcastle United and Brighton to promotion from the Championship and going on to establish both teams in the Premier League.

The former Republic of Ireland international also boasted an impressive playing career, winning two FA Cups and the UEFA Cup during his time at Tottenham Hostpur.

Hughton has also managed Norwich City in the Premier League, leading them to an 11th-placed finish in 2012-13, and has managed close to 450 first-team games with a win percentage of over 40 per cent.

Updated

Nottingham Forest can confirm that the contract of head coach Sabri Lamouchi has been terminated with immediate effect.

Re: " Nottingham Forest sack their manager "

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Can't say I'm surprised.

I used to be able to say it.

:)

Re: " Nottingham Forest name a new manager "

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce the appointment of Chris Hughton as the club’s new manager.

Hughton joins the club with a wealth of managerial experience, leading both Newcastle United and Brighton to promotion from the Championship and going on to establish both teams in the Premier League.

The former Republic of Ireland international also boasted an impressive playing career, winning two FA Cups and the UEFA Cup during his time at Tottenham Hostpur.

Hughton has also managed Norwich City in the Premier League, leading them to an 11th-placed finish in 2012-13, and has managed close to 450 first-team games with a win percentage of over 40 per cent.

Re: " Nottingham Forest appoint new manager "

Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Great manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Will do a great job for them in the Championship

Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:34 pm

They will definitely make the playoffs might get top 2 if he gets them going.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:42 pm

Very good manager at this level

Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:16 pm

I was disappointed we never went for him. I guess his wages would have been quite high, i doubt as much as Warnocks though.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Houghton always seems to be everyone's favourite at this level but he's no Warnock. Their squad is nothing special and don't necessarily think they'll trouble the top six.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Very good manager going into a very good squad which is struggling to blend

He will get that forest team going this season

Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

I agree.

Did a very good job at Brighton.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Excellent championship manager and good for him he’s come back to one of the bigger club.
Would loved to have had him at city......

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Very good manager at this level

Agree .

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great manager :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

He could have come here before Malky, if he'd brought the right PowerPoint...! :laughing6:

A very good manager, who I am sure will turn a decent (on paper) Forest squad around, given time

Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:47 am

Hope he takes the scabby beggers down !!!! :D

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:07 am

Great move by them unfortunately. While Harris did a good job last year and has credit in the bank, I was always aware he was available. Seems like some teams like forest have quite a lot of money at the minute. Strange given the current situation and we are selling players for peanuts while getting parachute payments

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:59 am

...I used to be able to say it...made me chuckle

Re: " Nottingham Forest sack their manager "

Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:24 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:Can't say I'm surprised.

I used to be able to say it.

:)

I’m not surprised either would have liked Chris houghton to have come to us

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:24 pm

mucker wrote:...I used to be able to say it...made me chuckle

:occasion5: :D

Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:13 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Houghton always seems to be everyone's favourite at this level but he's no Warnock. Their squad is nothing special and don't necessarily think they'll trouble the top six.

Do you mean that he gets teams promoted from the Championship but doesn’t get them relegated like Warnock?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:31 pm

Blueman39 wrote:Excellent championship manager and good for him he’s come back to one of the bigger club.
Would loved to have had him at city......

Hes more than a good Championship Manager mate, he's a good a Premier League Manager aswell, and proven with Brighton and Norwich.

Took Newcastle and Brighton up and got Birmingham in the play offs.

This will be his toughest job I think, I'm shocked he hasn't got a better job to be honest, I reckon Forest will all out go for it now, expect some activity in the transfer market in the next fortnight and January, anyone know the odds on them winning the League, topcoat?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:32 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:Houghton always seems to be everyone's favourite at this level but he's no Warnock. Their squad is nothing special and don't necessarily think they'll trouble the top six.

Do you mean that he gets teams promoted from the Championship but doesn’t get them relegated like Warnock?

I was thinking the same haha