' Neil Harris hoping for new additions '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:40 am

Neil Harris hoping for additions

Neil Harris was asked if he was looking to get some further additions on board before the close of the window.

Here's what he's had to say....

"I do hope so.

"The leaders, the young players coming through, the flair players, the resilience, I'm really pleased with it.

"But as a manager you always want more, so we'll have to see what happens over the next two weeks."

"I am hoping I can use the the transfer money from Callum Paterson to bring in another striker and hopefully a few more players."
Attachments
0_harri1.jpg
0_harri1.jpg (94.09 KiB) Viewed 5686 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Neil Harris hoping for new additions '

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:45 am

Neil Harris makes Cardiff City transfer admission which is likely to frustrate Bluebirds fans

By Dean Cooke

05/10/2020

Neil Harris has stated that Cardiff City are struggling to make any new signings ahead of the transfer deadline.

Its been a tough time for a number of clubs in the current predicament and many teams are failing to get in the right sort of players needed ahead of what is going to be a jam packed season.

Cardiff earned a needed point at high-flying Blackburn Rovers on Saturday and they did so with ten men after Lee Tomlin saw red in the second-half.

Now, they’ll be aiming to bolster their squad in the coming days, although know that the transfer market is currently a very sensitive place to make signings in.

Harris has expressed that it’s very tough in this current climate to bring in players, especially with money problems at certain clubs.

Speaking to Dai Sport, Harris said: “Things are changing all the time. One minute someone is available because a club needs to get them off the wage bill. The next, they’re not available because somebody else has moved to another club, so cash flow is okay for another month.”
Attachments
2020-01-25T153154Z_866074060_RC23NE9III42_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-RDG-CDF-REPORT-1536x1102.jpg
2020-01-25T153154Z_866074060_RC23NE9III42_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-RDG-CDF-REPORT-1536x1102.jpg (141.01 KiB) Viewed 5624 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Apparently no one is expected to sign today
exiled12345

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:17 pm

exiled12345 wrote:Apparently no one is expected to sign today

Windows open until the 16th....
Escott1927

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm

I would loan in Harry Wilson from Liverpool.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Bargains to be had in Europe, clearly we haven’t the ambition or scouting ability to capitalise
exiled12345

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I would loan in Harry Wilson from Liverpool.

Off to Celtic

We can't afford those wages
NIBluebird

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:05 pm

i thought he was happy with the squad ?
skidemin

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:02 pm

skidemin wrote:i thought he was happy with the squad ?

:sleepy2:
Escott1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:I would loan in Harry Wilson from Liverpool.

Why don't we just go and bring in Kevin De Bruyne?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Danny Says » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Harris hoping for additions

Neil Harris was asked if he was looking to get some further additions on board before the close of the window.

Here's what he's had to say....

"I do hope so.

"The leaders, the young players coming through, the flair players, the resilience, I'm really pleased with it.

"But as a manager you always want more, so we'll have to see what happens over the next two weeks."

"I am hoping I can use the the transfer money from Callum Paterson to bring in another striker and hopefully a few more players."

I’m sure he is hoping and so are we all as without additions this will be a long season with dull football on display.
Danny Says

Postby skidemin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:00 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:i thought he was happy with the squad ?

:sleepy2:

for once you agree... :thumbup:
skidemin

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:15 pm

Tan has to make cuts.

Club has to make cuts.

Harris has to make cuts.

Supporters must now make cuts, welcome to 2021 :old:
Pulisnewport

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:48 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Tan has to make cuts.

Club has to make cuts.

Harris has to make cuts.

Karl, you're not wrong with the above :thumbup:

I'm just a little disappointed that the manager (ahem, Mehmet Dalman) hasn't been totally upfront when they allowed a few decent (and potentially decent) players go and have not replaced them, as originally suggested by said manager (ahem, Mehmet Dalman) :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby fred keenor » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:47 am

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Tan has to make cuts.

Club has to make cuts.

Harris has to make cuts.

Karl, you're not wrong with the above :thumbup:

I'm just a little disappointed that the manager (ahem, Mehmet Dalman) hasn't been totally upfront when they allowed a few decent (and potentially decent) players go and have not replaced them, as originally suggested by said manager (ahem, Mehmet Dalman) :(

All just spin now from Dalman im afraid
fred keenor

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:24 am

Only my opinion we need 4 players at least.

Right back to help Tutu.
Midfielder to help Tomlin.
Winger as one of our current 4 will go shortly.
Striker with only 2 current strikers we might get caught out in a long season.

If there are anymore departures we will need to replace those as well.

Maybe City will surprise us and have their targets in sight :bluescarf:
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:43 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Only my opinion we need 4 players at least.

Right back to help Tutu.

Karl, with you all the way and deep down so is Neil Harris :thumbright: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Only my opinion we need 4 players at least.

Right back to help Tutu.

Karl, with you all the way and deep down so is Neil Harris :thumbright: :bluebird:

Hi Annis, lets hope the Club are keeping any incomings close to avoid being guzumped?

I’m not a fan of Harris (yet) but if they took him on then give the guy a chance and let him wheel and deal.

If Tan wants PL football he has to support him. After lockdown we played some attractive stuff and Fulham were there for the taking and we blew it. So we know we can do it :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby bluebird04 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:56 pm

can really see this all going pear shaped for us this season....all we've heard is, i'm very happy with the squad, we're stronger than last year, now its i need a few more players, i have a feeling by january time we'll be out of the running and he'll be sacked
bluebird04

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:05 pm

bluebird04 wrote:can really see this all going pear shaped for us this season....all we've heard is, i'm very happy with the squad, we're stronger than last year, now its i need a few more players, i have a feeling by january time we'll be out of the running and he'll be sacked

Save the meltdown until the window shuts.

Harris has said for a few weeks he wants more players in so he knows what needs to be done.
Escott1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:can really see this all going pear shaped for us this season....all we've heard is, i'm very happy with the squad, we're stronger than last year, now its i need a few more players, i have a feeling by january time we'll be out of the running and he'll be sacked

Harris has said for a few weeks he wants more players in so he knows what needs to be done.

Let's hope so :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluebird04 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:06 am

Escott1927 wrote:

im actually very realistic this season, i did say at the end of last season, the shut down, really helped us get into the play offs, we came back match sharp, whilst others didn't, but i do feel we over-achieved hitting the play offs. what i meant by pear-shaped for him is, he has played up expecation, saying we are stronger than last year, if we do sign players, then he'll be expected to hit the play-offs atleast. but i dont think we are strong enough for that.
bluebird04

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:13 am

bluebird04 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

im actually very realistic this season, i did say at the end of last season, the shut down, really helped us get into the play offs, we came back match sharp, whilst others didn't, but i do feel we over-achieved hitting the play offs. what i meant by pear-shaped for him is, he has played up expecation, saying we are stronger than last year, if we do sign players, then he'll be expected to hit the play-offs atleast. but i dont think we are strong enough for that.

So you think just because Harris has said he has a strong squad then that's the reason why we are expected to finish top 6? I think the minium aim has always been top 6 mate. People read too much into the strong squad comments. A few of the players won promotion, played and almost survived in the prem and made the playoffs last season. Why wouldnt he say its strong? Seems people expect him to win every game in the most competitive league in the world just because he says he's got a good squad-like most managers do in interviews. People also seem to forget that hes been saying he wants to bring more players in which hes been saying since bringing in 3 players and before selling Etheridge and Paterson. He hasnt suddenly started saying it.
Escott1927

Postby bluebird04 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

So you think just because Harris has said he has a strong squad then that's the reason why we are expected to finish top 6? I think the minium aim has always been top 6 mate. People read too much into the strong squad comments. A few of the players won promotion, played and almost survived in the prem and made the playoffs last season. Why wouldnt he say its strong? Seems people expect him to win every game in the most competitive league in the world just because he says he's got a good squad-like most managers do in interviews. People also seem to forget that hes been saying he wants to bring more players in which hes been saying since bringing in 3 players and before selling Etheridge and Paterson. He hasnt suddenly started saying it.

no what i am saying is, his minimum aim this season will be top 6, because of where we finished last season, i'm saying theres added pressure now, due to the fact he has been saying its stronger than last season, and hes happy with the team, hes not leaving himself any room to blame a lack of strength in depth or quality.
bluebird04

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:30 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

no what i am saying is, his minimum aim this season will be top 6, because of where we finished last season, i'm saying theres added pressure now, due to the fact he has been saying its stronger than last season, and hes happy with the team, hes not leaving himself any room to blame a lack of strength in depth or quality.

The expectations are there I agree. But when he came in last season and we were 14th, the aim was top 6 then. Anything other than a top 6 finish this year will be seen as a failure by fans and the board, regardless of what he says in his interviews. People take his comments about the squad as if he doesnt want to bring anyone else in. He's been saying for weeks he wants/expects further transfers. We've got until the 16th to get players in. If we don't then its going to struggle, especially when injuries/bans kick in. But if no one comes in it won't because Harris hasn't tried to get players in because he thinks the team is strong enough already. I'm sure people will be quick enough to point that out though if that does happen.
Escott1927

Return to General Chat