Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newport County

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Great start: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Newport County

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:45 pm

Got one eye on there results this season, if they get promoted and can keep their best players they could potentially go straight up from league one, the more welsh teams playing in the highest standard of football is good for the national team, football exposure in wales and healthy rivalry between us all :lol: as much as I dislike them it would be something special
If us the jacks county and wrexham were between the top two divisions :occasion5:

Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Great start - Good luck to them .

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 am

Moff. wrote:Got one eye on there results this season, if they get promoted and can keep their best players they could potentially go straight up from league one, the more welsh teams playing in the highest standard of football is good for the national team, football exposure in wales and healthy rivalry between us all :lol: as much as I dislike them it would be something special
If us the jacks county and wrexham were between the top two divisions :occasion5:

You say you keep an eye out for them, then sign a disclaimer stating you dislike them. Just be honest like me. I'm born Cwmbran and parents got a Newport postcode. I like them and Mike Flynn is underrated as manager. Brings money to club through good cup runs. Small budget and gets good players to sign.....imagine Ole working under those conditions! :oops: :laughing6:

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:51 am

I don't know what other's think but these days a lot of 'fans' watch out for more than one team. This would of been unthinkable in the past decades. Saying that, there's thousands of Cardiff and Liverpool fans when i was growing up :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:58 am

ThomasC wrote:I don't know what other's think but these days a lot of 'fans' watch out for more than one team. This would of been unthinkable in the past decades. Saying that, there's thousands of Cardiff and Liverpool fans when i was growing up :lol: :lol:

I have always looked out for the County and very occasionally go to see them. Apart from a couple of years in the 80's they have never been in the same League as us so I never regarded them as rivals. I know that many of them dislike us but that's just a small town/big city issue.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:10 am

JJ1927 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I don't know what other's think but these days a lot of 'fans' watch out for more than one team. This would of been unthinkable in the past decades. Saying that, there's thousands of Cardiff and Liverpool fans when i was growing up :lol: :lol:

I have always looked out for the County and very occasionally go to see them. Apart from a couple of years in the 80's they have never been in the same League as us so I never regarded them as rivals. I know that many of them dislike us but that's just a small town/big city issue.

Exactly right, and we got no control over how idiots think and what idiots do. Only people we can control is ourselves and we free to do as we please :ayatollah:
Rodney Parade is good, and like the hazel terrace. I love to stand at games so find upper-teir footy too controlled at times. However, (my disclaimer now lol :laughing6: ) i'm happy to go watch a game from parks to prem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 am

I've given my money to Cardiff City and watched 100's of games at Ninian Park, not so many at that at CCS. Football clubs are happy to change they're environment so only fair that I'm allowed too

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:52 am

I support all four Welsh clubs and it great to see Newport top of the League! I hope Wrexham also get their investment and would love to see all four Welsh clubs in the top two divisions, it would be great for Welsh Football.Cardiff as Capital and fan base should be an established Premier League Club while the other three are capable of playing Championship football with their fan bases.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:18 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:I support all four Welsh clubs and it great to see Newport top of the League! I hope Wrexham also get their investment and would love to see all four Welsh clubs in the top two divisions, it would be great for Welsh Football.Cardiff as Capital and fan base should be an established Premier League Club while the other three are capable of playing Championship football with their fan bases.

It's a great opportunity for academy players to get first team action on loan. Bristol City youth have been loaned to Newport and have been relatively successful the last few seaons. Cardiff City youth not trusted by Flynn for L2 at present

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:38 pm

ThomasC wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Exactly right, and we got no control over how idiots think and what idiots do. Only people we can control is ourselves and we free to do as we please :ayatollah:
Rodney Parade is good, and like the hazel terrace. I love to stand at games so find upper-teir footy too controlled at times. However, (my disclaimer now lol :laughing6: ) i'm happy to go watch a game from parks to prem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hazel Terrace is great. Takes me back to the old days. My son who grew up on all seater stadiums, loves it as well. Apart from the toilets. The smell of fried onions and urine behind the stand is a potent mix!!!

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:55 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Hazel Terrace is great. Takes me back to the old days. My son who grew up on all seater stadiums, loves it as well. Apart from the toilets. The smell of fried onions and urine behind the stand is a potent mix!!!

Haha! :lol: Cant deny it is good fun. C'mon City, you've got to give the people what they want! (Apart from the urine smell :lol: :lol: ) :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:26 pm

;)

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:06 am

sod Newport cewnty I work down that way and they hate us with a passion always gloating when we lose I hope they crash and burn . gipposl

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:41 am

carlton58 wrote:sod Newport cewnty I work down that way and they hate us with a passion always gloating when we lose I hope they crash and burn . gipposl

Take some banter mate! Be the bigger man since you support a bigger club :thumbright:

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:48 am

Things going well for Newport, but its not guaranteed to be that way in the future. Could easily fall out of the football league at some point as almost happened already. I guess that's the 'crash and burn' you wish for :roll:
Newport is a dump so to take away the football be a bitter(pill)-gwenlly) to swallow :roll:

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:55 am

thomas you are right I should be the bigger man and I am constantly reminding them that we are the bigger club.half of them only go to watch county because they can't afford to watch their first team ie Liverpool spurs and man utd

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:09 am

carlton58 wrote:thomas you are right I should be the bigger man and I am constantly reminding them that we are the bigger club.half of them only go to watch county because they can't afford to watch their first team ie Liverpool spurs and man utd

100% can never imagine us being sporting rivals. Just south Wales derby rival! Wouldn't want to play them in a cup match mind!! Cardiff better take a game like that seriously cos of they're record in them :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:24 am

Yes have to give it to them they have a superb record in the cups

Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm

tbh mate ive thought football has got more and more partisan throughout my life.. seems to be this expectancy these days that if you follow one club you then have to detest others.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:55 pm

Geographically we should be massive rivals, only a few miles between St Mellons and Duffryn in Newport. Because they’ve only been in the same Division as us for 10 seasons, the rivalry never really materialised.
Saying that, I work in Newport and most County fans do hate us with a passion, so I’ll never really want them to do well. Fair play to them though.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:33 pm

Can't stand them.

Actually dislike them more than the Jack's.

Bristol City, Newport then Swansea for me in the dislike stakes.

And I'll never forget the friendly 2000 at spytty or the Final in the Welsh Premier Cup at Ninian, pure dirty scum who hate us. f**k em.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:41 am

That spitty game was bizarre sat in the main stand lookind across to the other side of the pitch.2 people knocking 6 kinds of shit out of each other was more entertaining than the game.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 pm

RV Casual wrote:Can't stand them.

And I'll never forget the friendly 2000 at spytty or the Final in the Welsh Premier Cup at Ninian, pure dirty scum who hate us. f**k em.

:thumbup:
i absolutely hate the arnt Newport doing well posts... i used to pop over for the odd game years ago .. and stopped because of the anti Cardiff vitriol not aimed at me but just in overheard conversations.. i think many of them hate us more than they support County..

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:19 pm

f**k them ,got a few scars on from from them ,horrible lot :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:26 pm

skidemin wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Can't stand them.

:thumbup:
i absolutely hate the arnt Newport doing well posts... i used to pop over for the odd game years ago .. and stopped because of the anti Cardiff vitriol not aimed at me but just in overheard conversations.. i think many of them hate us more than they support County..

Very strange bunch mate. Not to paint them all with the same brush but it's not for me, I'm sure they have some decent fans but I havnt met any, massive chip on their shoulders. As much as I hate the Jack's on a match day, most of them are very similar to us, same with the Wurzels to a level.

Even in France at the Euros had some decent chats with groups of Jack's but the Newport groups were just a odd bunch.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 pm

I’ve been to see them quite a few times if Cardiff were playing away and I didn’t fancy it or it was too far to travel. The past few years they’re definitely on the up which I like to see, from avoiding relegation on the last day, to the play offs and now top of the league.
Quite a friendly bunch as well I thought although I never mentioned I was a city fan when I was there so who knows. For Welsh football and local entertainment I hope they succeed in the coming years.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 pm

Newport is a very strange place, almost a forgotten town in some ways, never on the footballing map and only ever 10 seasons in the same league says it all. In the 80’s it was in another level with them.

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:18 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:I’ve been to see them quite a few times if Cardiff were playing away and I didn’t fancy it or it was too far to travel. The past few years they’re definitely on the up which I like to see, from avoiding relegation on the last day, to the play offs and now top of the league.
Quite a friendly bunch as well I thought although I never mentioned I was a city fan when I was there so who knows. For Welsh football and local entertainment I hope they succeed in the coming years.

try mentioning the Cardiff fan bit.... :lol: :lol: