Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ The Tomlin factor ‘

Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:16 pm

The Tomlin factor

Sunday 28th September 2020

And moving swiftly on to my next point.

Lee Tomlin really did provide those little moments that looked like they would unlock the defences.

The blind, reverse passes he plays, the pinpoint crosses on the angle, the deft touches between the penalty spot and just outside the area, they are a defender's nightmare.

He can also sniff a goal, too. He popped up at the back post from a corner to squeeze home the goal against Reading on Saturday and if there is one positive it is that he is up and running for the season.

Tomlin is the one player who really can drag a defence out of position, break down their structure and free up space for the striker and wingers in behind. That is when City are at their best.

Every City fan will be hoping he gets another week of training under his belt and is ready from the off against Blackburn next weekend.

Re: ‘ The Tomlin factor ‘

Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Yeah, we wait for him then dopey plays him on the wing ro get Glatzel in the game :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Is he/has he been carrying an injury? It seems he plays 2/3 games then Harris says he's not fit yet. Seems to be all the time. I can understand if he can only last upto 60 minutes but surely just come out and say it if that's the case

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:21 pm

bluebird04 wrote:Is he/has he been carrying an injury? It seems he plays 2/3 games then Harris says he's not fit yet. Seems to be all the time. I can understand if he can only last upto 60 minutes but surely just come out and say it if that's the case

its history repeating itself , i remember the rant he had about not having 90 minutes..
has he ever been fit because im sure a Tomlin that could perform for 90 minutes would have had a career that included more than 6 premier league games..