Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: £500,000 Paterson / Why Wednesday want him

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Understand why Sheff Wed want him but its a crime selling paterson for a low sum when he was our main striker a season or two ago. i would be happy to keep him but if we cant then just sell him for a £1 million.

If we could get a mill for him he wouldn't be going for 500k now.

Why do people think we can sell any player for what we think hes worth? Can only get what another club is prepared to pay... and if that's below valuation so be it.... no point in keeping a player on 20k a week if he's not in managers plans as Patterson is obviously not..

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:56 pm

And yet again it's all Mr Tans fault !!!!! Some folk are a f*cking joke !!!

500k for Patterson , good business even with the alleged 15% payout to the Jambos thats appearing on numerous threads.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Not sure what the fuss is about he hasn’t been near this Harris team and never will

Get the wages off the bill and look to add someone else

People need to understand our wage bill is still way to high, parachute patents are reduced due to covid and the club has next to no other income this season matchday money is still vital in the championship less so than league one and two of course but the club needs to seriously cost cut staying in the championship and reducing costs will be all th board is interested in this year

so who exactly was that starting in the run of 6 undefeated against brentford , barnsley , leeds , preston, charlyon and bristol... { BY FAR HARRIS BEST RUN HERE } looked a lot like Pato to me...
and where have you seen this reduced parachute payments report ?

Common knowledge as far as I was aware that due to the covid measures last year broadcasters needed to be repaid, I found it strange myself as more games were probably televised than

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.exam ... 464871.amp

Not many clubs mentioning it yet but I’m sure I’ve read more somewhere saying clubs will be affected

Regardless of that fact it’s common knowledge tan is still propping the club up and has been for a long time so a chance to take £20k Paterson who hasn’t started for months and is clearly not in the managers plans makes financial sense, to suggest otherwise is nonsense really

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:55 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Not sure what the fuss is about he hasn’t been near this Harris team and never will

Get the wages off the bill and look to add someone else

People need to understand our wage bill is still way to high, parachute patents are reduced due to covid and the club has next to no other income this season matchday money is still vital in the championship less so than league one and two of course but the club needs to seriously cost cut staying in the championship and reducing costs will be all th board is interested in this year

so who exactly was that starting in the run of 6 undefeated against brentford , barnsley , leeds , preston, charlyon and bristol... { BY FAR HARRIS BEST RUN HERE } looked a lot like Pato to me...
and where have you seen this reduced parachute payments report ?

Common knowledge as far as I was aware that due to the covid measures last year broadcasters needed to be repaid, I found it strange myself as more games were probably televised than

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.exam ... 464871.amp

Not many clubs mentioning it yet but I’m sure I’ve read more somewhere saying clubs will be affected

Regardless of that fact it’s common knowledge tan is still propping the club up and has been for a long time so a chance to take £20k Paterson who hasn’t started for months and is clearly not in the managers plans makes financial sense, to suggest otherwise is nonsense really

i thought the tv money had been resolved... and am surprised that more games = less money..

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Understand why Sheff Wed want him but its a crime selling paterson for a low sum when he was our main striker a season or two ago. i would be happy to keep him but if we cant then just sell him for a £1 million.

If we could get a mill for him he wouldn't be going for 500k now.

Why do people think we can sell any player for what we think hes worth? Can only get what another club is prepared to pay... and if that's below valuation so be it.... no point in keeping a player on 20k a week if he's not in managers plans as Patterson is obviously not..

Exactly. Not like there was clubs queuing up to take Paterson and Etheridge off us. Ideally would have got a bit more for them both but the current situation has forced the sale really. Both reported to be on around 20k a week, Etheridge would have left on a free in the summer and both would have only played this season if people were injured.