welsh cup and European football

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Moff. » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Would you swap a place in the fa cup for a spot in the welsh cup ?

I’d personally jump at the chance and think it would benefit us so much better than the fa cup

1. If we won we’d have European football and a chance of earning more money Through prize money if we did well in it
2. Better run out for youngsters and actually getting a cup run instead of a home 3rd round defeat

I think it’s possible to switch national cup competition isn’t it ?
Its hard being cool
Moff.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: welsh cup and European football

Postby Jord1927 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:27 pm

UEFA have said welsh clubs playing in england would have to qualify through the english system so its impossible
Jord1927

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Jord1927 wrote:UEFA have said welsh clubs playing in england would have to qualify through the english system so its impossible

If I remember correctly there was talks that even if we won the FA Cup back in 2008 we still might not have qualified for Europe? The rule has since been changed but I believe it was confirmed if we had won we would've entered the competition as a unique entity and England would've still had their regular 3 Europa league spots as well as us.
What could've been :(
WestCoastBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:57 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Jord1927 wrote:UEFA have said welsh clubs playing in england would have to qualify through the english system so its impossible

If I remember correctly there was talks that even if we won the FA Cup back in 2008 we still might not have qualified for Europe? The rule has since been changed but I believe it was confirmed if we had won we would've entered the competition as a unique entity and England would've still had their regular 3 Europa league spots as well as us.
What could've been :(

Thought if we won we would be entered under English fa and not as a welsh team? But we would have been entered in competition.
pembroke allan

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 am

What Cardiff should do is applie to play in the welsh cup and put our under 21s or 23s in the competition like they do with the efl cup where you get say Chelsea under 21s playing Shrewsbury can’t why the welsh fa would not let them enter the Welsh
cardiff 74

Return to General Chat