Off the wage bill
Etheridge
NML
Ward
Jazz
Bogle
connelly and now
Patterson
Fair bit of wages there, plus the two or three youngsters out on loan, I don't expect they were on high wages and the same for the players in on loan.
Tough times, but if we don't get some decent players in we are going to end up near the bottom half of the table not the top six. I am normally very optimistic, but I am finding it very hard to remain so.[/quote]
How many of the above would be first on the team sheet.The only miss for me is NML.

Re: Neil Harris on Callum Paterson leaving “ Wow “

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:35 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Its out of my hands , says it all

Mehmet silent, Vincent silent.

Hard to believe they will be here next year, 600k for Patto. An absolute joke.

Tbf it’s a sign of the times - no money coming in so we’re no different to many clubs in having to cut our cloth. Let’s hope we get in a replacement

Yet we have a parachute payment, basically we are being asset stripped ready for a sale (next to no chance) or administration.

It’s what happened during the Slade era if I’m not mistaken. Cutting our cloth to prepare for life without parachute payments. Tbf to Tan he’s put a whack of cash in and he wants to cut back. I certainly can’t blame him. as much as I’d love him to give Harris a £5M war chest it’s understandable.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Tbf it’s a sign of the times - no money coming in so we’re no different to many clubs in having to cut our cloth. Let’s hope we get in a replacement

Yet we have a parachute payment, basically we are being asset stripped ready for a sale (next to no chance) or administration.

It’s what happened during the Slade era if I’m not mistaken. Cutting our cloth to prepare for life without parachute payments. Tbf to Tan he’s put a whack of cash in and he wants to cut back. I certainly can’t blame him. as much as I’d love him to give Harris a £5M war chest it’s understandable.

it is what it is , but we could be in a relegation fight and a change of manager if not careful..

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:44 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

it is what it is , but we could be in a relegation fight and a change of manager if not careful..

Tans had his money back a long long time ago and we wasted a lot of it in how we were run .
We are lucky we have just received £36mill in parachute payment, other clubs are not that fortunate.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:22 pm

I think some people are making too much of a fuss over selling our third choice forward. Harris like Warnock is of the school of only ever playing one forward at a time and Moore is clearly better than Patterson,not so sure about Glatzel. If we can get £600,000 for our third choice centre forward it is good buisness in my view. I like Patterson but he suffers from not being very good in any one position. At championship level he will only ever be a squad player albeit a useful one.

Sort of can't blame the club for putting fianancial considerations first this season. If we win the next 10 games and go top of the league there will still be no one in the ground to see it probably for the whole season. By the end of this season many clubs will be lucky to survive never mind promotion. Don't think we would have been good enough to go up anyway this season even with ML and Patto.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

What a f*cking joke of a club.We stll owe the Emiliano Sala money as well.

Not a 'joke' club and the Sala money is accounted for in the books but I firmly believe the club's hierarchy are cutting wage costs at a great rate and trying to claw back some of the money lost through reduced revenue streams in recent months

I firmly believe that Neil Harris has become Russell Slade Mkii through no fault of his own. His hands appear similarly tied and his rhetoric is becoming less cryptic and more pointed

Chris just a little point, Harris has said he was looking for a forward long before the Patterson move (if it is on), so that means he should now be looking for two forwards, I just can't see that happening.

Off the wage bill
Etheridge
NML
Ward
Jazz
Bogle
connelly and now
Patterson
Fair bit of wages there, plus the two or three youngsters out on loan, I don't expect they were on high wages and the same for the players in on loan.
Tough times, but if we don't get some decent players in we are going to end up near the bottom half of the table not the top six. I am normally very optimistic, but I am finding it very hard to remain so.

Rog, I agree with your comments above. I don't see Paterson being replaced and I have my doubts about the forward Harris talked about arriving any time soon

I wasn't unhappy with Jazz, Bogle, Ward, Connolly (remember him?) and Etheridge going for differing reasons but I was confused by the two latest players going out on loan?

Certainly Tom Sang should be near the first team and it despairs me that we aren't going down that road even a little

I don't know the position Harris is in but it is reminiscent of Slate and that doesn't bode too well for a team that we expected to be 'up there' this season after their heroics of last

Money, it seems, is top of the agenda right now. I understand that, I appreciate that and I embrace it, if it means we will be debt-free sooner rather than later before moving on again

I just wish the club would be more up front with us rather than blowing smoke up our backsides on the rare occasion they can be bothered to step forward :thumbright:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:23 pm

stickywicket wrote:Off the wage bill
Etheridge
NML
Ward
Jazz
Bogle
connelly and now
Patterson
Tough times, but if we don't get some decent players in we are going to end up near the bottom half of the table not the top six. I am normally very optimistic, but I am finding it very hard to remain so.

How many of the above would be first on the team sheet.The only miss for me is NML.[/quote]

Its not so much first team wise its the wages were paying them :thumbup:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

What a f*cking joke of a club.We stll owe the Emiliano Sala money as well.

Not a 'joke' club and the Sala money is accounted for in the books but I firmly believe the club's hierarchy are cutting wage costs at a great rate and trying to claw back some of the money lost through reduced revenue streams in recent months

I firmly believe that Neil Harris has become Russell Slade Mkii through no fault of his own. His hands appear similarly tied and his rhetoric is becoming less cryptic and more pointed

Chris just a little point, Harris has said he was looking for a forward long before the Patterson move (if it is on), so that means he should now be looking for two forwards, I just can't see that happening.

Off the wage bill
Etheridge
NML
Ward
Jazz
Bogle
connelly and now
Patterson

Rog, I agree with your comments above. I don't see Paterson being replaced and I have my doubts about the forward Harris talked about arriving any time soon

I wasn't unhappy with Jazz, Bogle, Ward, Connolly (remember him?) and Etheridge going for differing reasons but I was confused by the two latest players going out on loan?

Certainly Tom Sang should be near the first team and it despairs me that we aren't going down that road even a little

I don't know the position Harris is in but it is reminiscent of Slate and that doesn't bode too well for a team that we expected to be 'up there' this season after their heroics of last

Money, it seems, is top of the agenda right now. I understand that, I appreciate that and I embrace it, if it means we will be debt-free sooner rather than later before moving on again

I just wish the club would be more up front with us rather than blowing smoke up our backsides on the rare occasion they can be bothered to step forward :thumbright:

Me too Chris, it really is about time just a few words to tell us their plan, If we do not get in any decent players in, we could end up at the bottom of the table not the top :banghead: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 pm

In no way am I defending Harris as i think he is one step from Mike Bassett (achieved FA to get a top end championship club)

But, this is a buyers market, there are some bargains out there, it's all about have a small war chest for when the bargains arrive. There'll be some decent players available for sale or loan in a few weeks as clubs try to balance the books.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:29 pm

valleyrambill wrote:This is worse now clearly Harris has no running of the team and its being run by the idiots who have messed it up every time we got promoted each time it was not the fault of Malky or Warnock its the idiots above who are clearly running things badly and think they are doing a great job .

Lets be honest Tan is a disaster and his crew how can a manager not have control who is being sold if they offering millions
then ok but this is a crap deal

It's the way footballs been run past few years? Owners having say on who goes after all they hold the purse strings... unfortunately we are not alone and not just tan at city cavahner was sold against managers wishes along with others.. as for Patterson he doesn't fit into Harris way so got to go I'm happy about that personally.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Does anyone think Tan bought Madine, Glatzel, Murphy, Whyte, Pack,Flint, Tomlin, Cunningham,Bacuna (5 year deal), Vaulks lets not forget Arter & Camarasa (decent loan fee's and salaries)

The manager was given a lot of freedom, they backed him ......

Managers in any industry have to work within budgets, our wage bill must been frightening even with parachute payments.

Some of you need to get real. We needed promotion last season and it never happened. As we bought extremely poorly.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:45 pm

valleyrambill wrote:This is worse now clearly Harris has no running of the team and its being run by the idiots who have messed it up every time we got promoted each time it was not the fault of Malky or Warnock its the idiots above who are clearly running things badly and think they are doing a great job .

Lets be honest Tan is a disaster and his crew how can a manager not have control who is being sold if they offering millions

How in any way has Tan been a disaster ?

He is by far and away the best owner this club has ever had. We would be in Wigans position now if it wasn't for him, possibly even worse like Bury.

We are very very lucky to have a owner like him at this present time.
Everyone is cutting costs , try blame the players for not taking pay cuts not Tan for continuously pumping millions into the club.

Both Malky and Warnock were given £70mill plus to spend and they both got us relegated with nothing to show for it

Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm

So Harris and dalman have come out today saying the story was taken out of context yesterday's Harris controls transfers as well

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Does anyone think Tan bought Madine, Glatzel, Murphy, Whyte, Pack,Flint, Tomlin, Cunningham,Bacuna (5 year deal), Vaulks lets not forget Arter & Camarasa (decent loan fee's and salaries)

Managers in any industry have to work within budgets, our wage bill must been frightening even with parachute payments.

Some of you need to get real. We needed promotion last season and it never happened. As we bought extremely poorly.

Great post.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:20 pm

thomasblue wrote:

How in any way has Tan been a disaster ?

He is by far and away the best owner this club has ever had. We would be in Wigans position now if it wasn't for him, possibly even worse like Bury.

We are very very lucky to have a owner like him at this present time.
Everyone is cutting costs , try blame the players for not taking pay cuts not Tan for continuously pumping millions into the club.

Both Malky and Warnock were given £70mill plus to spend and they both got us relegated with nothing to show for it

Well said.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Does anyone think Tan bought Madine, Glatzel, Murphy, Whyte, Pack,Flint, Tomlin, Cunningham,Bacuna (5 year deal), Vaulks lets not forget Arter & Camarasa (decent loan fee's and salaries)

Great Post, a true forum realist

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Harris is not being cute he is lying to us he is the manager so he doesnt have to lie as he decides the players not us . I would rather harris decided to sell than he has no control as he is making out it looks weak either way

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:39 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Harris is not being cute he is lying to us he is the manager so he doesnt have to lie as he decides the players not us . I would rather harris decided to sell than he has no control as he is making out it looks weak either way

Maybe he’s been told to get rid of some players (maybe told to focus on some of the high earners). That way Harris is sort of right to say it’s out of his hands and so is Dalman saying it was Harris’ decision.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:18 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:Harris is not being cute he is lying to us he is the manager so he doesnt have to lie as he decides the players not us . I would rather harris decided to sell than he has no control as he is making out it looks weak either way

Maybe he’s been told to get rid of some players (maybe told to focus on some of the high earners). That way Harris is sort of right to say it’s out of his hands and so is Dalman saying it was Harris’ decision.

There's a thread started Sunday, where it says paterson was sold with harris's blessing,as he didn't fit into his plans?? Seems Harris was trying to dodge a bullet from fans,as he (paterson) is a fan favourite and he didn't want to say he isn't what I want any more.silly really, as the truth is a lot easier,even if it upsets us as fans. :old: :bluebird:

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:20 am

Sad to see him go, always gave his all, but has hardly any skill or anything, below average passer, 600k for a bog standard player is good business

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Good Point - What has happened to the club being open and honest with the way they see the season ahead ???