Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harris on Callum Paterson leaving “ Wow “

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Wow

Neil Harris on Paterson: ‘You may know more than me. I've been told today that a deal is close to being agreed. If he is leaving, then we wish Pato all the best. It’s out of my hands, If he is not leaving then I look forward to seeing him on Monday. if Callum is moving on then we certainly need to replace him.’
“I have no say on those that are leaving.”

He added: "I left Callum out of the squad today because I was informed that there might be an agreement between he clubs likely to happen.”

"I am the manger of the football club and support the club in the decisions they make.”

"It's not about me as an individual it's about me having options within the squad. Callum is one of our attacking players and we need to have strength in depth during the course of the season, I don’t make the final decision on players.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Harris on Callum Paterson leaving “ Wow “

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Harris starting to Spk out he did on Thursday and now today , Hmmmmmm?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Its out of my hands , says it all

Mehmet silent, Vincent silent.

Hard to believe they will be here next year, 600k for Patto. An absolute joke.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:56 pm

fred keenor wrote:Its out of my hands , says it all

Tbf it’s a sign of the times - no money coming in so we’re no different to many clubs in having to cut our cloth. Let’s hope we get in a replacement

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Tbf it’s a sign of the times - no money coming in so we’re no different to many clubs in having to cut our cloth. Let’s hope we get in a replacement

Yet we have a parachute payment, basically we are being asset stripped ready for a sale (next to no chance) or administration.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

So if he doesn’t decide who’s going, then if right offer comes in for ANY player he can’t decide against it??

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yet we have a parachute payment, basically we are being asset stripped ready for a sale (next to no chance) or administration.

What a f*cking joke of a club.We stll owe the Emiliano Sala money as well.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Got to feel sorry for Harris. How can he be expected to do a decent job when we’re selling our best players.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Something is not right if this sort of thing is happening.

Our performances have been really poor compared to how we finished last season. What's gone wrong?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:21 pm

I feel sorry for Neil Harris. And I can't see any point in having a Manager at the moment. At least he gets to pick up a wage tho'..

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Reply FB:

Stephen Heard:

We need to get out of the habit of selling players without lining up replacements beforehand! You are supoosed to build on a previously succesful season not go backwards!

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Harris sounded very low on radio Wales this evening. Claiming not to know if Paterson was gone or not, only hopeful for a replacement ... It doesn't sound great to me.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Funny I have said for years our managers are controlled big time by the so called committee and that’s where a lot of the blame lies.

Well done to Harris for speaking out :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Funny I have said for years our managers are controlled big time by the so called committee and that’s where a lot of the blame lies.

Well done to Harris for speaking out :thumbright: :thumbright:

He applied for the job mate. Took the proverbial knee, bent over and knew what he signed on for.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Ray Bishop wrote:Got to feel sorry for Harris. How can he be expected to do a decent job when we’re selling our best players.

he hasnt been picking Pato this while now...

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:45 pm

skidemin wrote:
Ray Bishop wrote:Got to feel sorry for Harris. How can he be expected to do a decent job when we’re selling our best players.

Or Flint Murphy is a bit part player

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:51 pm

stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Or Flint Murphy is a bit part player

i know mate... is he falling out with players ? ..or being pressured from above ?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:So if he doesn’t decide who’s going, then if right offer comes in for ANY player he can’t decide against it??

Looks that way - Sadly .

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:52 pm

I would rather have a team full of Calum Patersons than not.

A disrupter, dies for the badge, never gives up , I could go on but give me a hungry player every day of the week - rather than an arsenal privileged elite who is probably more concerned with his instagram profile than his performance on the pitch.

Not Harris's fault , good luck Calum. The work he did when he visited the childrens hospital at the Heath speaks volumes for the man, Wednesday gain is our loss.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:32 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree, we are in uncharted waters with covid having a huge impact on clubs,why should we be any different? People forget,no crowds for us leave a shortfall of roughly half a million pounds,and the bills still have to be paid,such as wages for players.
And although I agree 600k is a bit light for pato,it's the way things are all over,outside the prem. :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:35 am

stickywicket wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not a 'joke' club and the Sala money is accounted for in the books but I firmly believe the club's hierarchy are cutting wage costs at a great rate and trying to claw back some of the money lost through reduced revenue streams in recent months

I firmly believe that Neil Harris has become Russell Slade Mkii through no fault of his own. His hands appear similarly tied and his rhetoric is becoming less cryptic and more pointed

Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:25 am

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not a 'joke' club and the Sala money is accounted for in the books but I firmly believe the club's hierarchy are cutting wage costs at a great rate and trying to claw back some of the money lost through reduced revenue streams in recent months

I firmly believe that Neil Harris has become Russell Slade Mkii through no fault of his own. His hands appear similarly tied and his rhetoric is becoming less cryptic and more pointed

I agree Chris.
We do need to cut back to be fair - certainly the (expensive) dead wood that we have at the club that are literally drawing enormous wages.
I believe that now the parachute payments end is coming closer Harris’ hand Is being dealt for him and whereas I feel sorry for him i also understand that Tan cannot / will not keep propping up the wage bill / running of the club for ever. Things have to change as the holes in the money pit need to be plugged.
I have no issue with this in principle particularly if the gaps in personnel are then filled with our kids but I agree that it seems that it’s the same scenario that Slade found himself in.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:50 am

Perhaps OJO was Tans signing.

Selling Patto for 600k is ludiocrous.

We have been here before with Tan and Slade, panic sales , drastic cuts , hard to see any way forward for the club at this moment.

I certainly expect to see Tan sell up asap. All the signs are there, the silence from Tan, Dalman, and Choo,
Parachute payments about to end.
NH stating he has no say in who leaves, probably he should have added, he has no say in who comes in.
And the players will be aware of this scenario, not a happy camp.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 am

Having slept on this news I feel less aggrieved but still confused at the direction of the club. Paterson is a fan's favourite because of his hunger and desire but he is not a starter. He's an option in a certain type of game.It's was the same with Ward. What we are losing in this window is the quality on our bench (Ward, Paterson, Etheridge). Mendez was a starter. Instead of seasoned pro's we are going for cheaper loans and looking at our youth. The confusing bit though is the signing of Moore. We've bought a decent striker but are cutting back elsewhere so what is the ambition of the club? Tan has bankrolled City for years and his business has been severely hit by the pandemic. If this season is about financial stability then so be it but a bit more clarity from the board is needed. Here I feel sorry for Harris because he has to be the face of the club.We need to hear more from Dalman.
As for the game yesterday, its clear we are trying to evolve styles. Reading deserved their win but it was not the disastrous performance that some have been saying. Yes, lots of poor individuals (Ojo has his own thread) but that game could have been salvaged in the end. Patience is a virtue.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:29 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Having slept on this news I feel less aggrieved but still confused at the direction of the club. Paterson is a fan's favourite because of his hunger and desire but he is not a starter. He's an option in a certain type of game.It's was the same with Ward. What we are losing in this window is the quality on our bench (Ward, Paterson, Etheridge). Mendez was a starter. Instead of seasoned pro's we are going for cheaper loans and looking at our youth. The confusing bit though is the signing of Moore. We've bought a decent striker but are cutting back elsewhere so what is the ambition of the club? Tan has bankrolled City for years and his business has been severely hit by the pandemic. If this season is about financial stability then so be it but a bit more clarity from the board is needed. Here I feel sorry for Harris because he has to be the face of the club.We need to hear more from Dalman.
As for the game yesterday, its clear we are trying to evolve styles. Reading deserved their win but it was not the disastrous performance that some have been saying. Yes, lots of poor individuals (Ojo has his own thread) but that game could have been salvaged in the end. Patience is a virtue.

Well said mate. I agree with pretty much all of that.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:47 am

Yesterday was one of those games that really annoys me. Not just because we lost as we are going to lose games but the manner of it. I’m all for passing it around more than we did under warnock but we have signed one of the best target men in the league and we are just passing sideways all the time. Without tommo that style just doesn’t create anything for us. Paterson is a fav of mine not just for his work rate but he also does know where the goal is and he ups the teams tempo whenever he comes on because of his pressing. I think it would be a mistake to get rid as we are starting to become to nice to play against. Teams are letting us pass the ball around and then picking us off. To be fair finances are very tight at the moment so Dalman and tan probably saying to Harris that if Paterson isn’t playing we can sell him. Looking very worrying at the minute

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:07 am

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Chris just a little point, Harris has said he was looking for a forward long before the Patterson move (if it is on), so that means he should now be looking for two forwards, I just can't see that happening.

Off the wage bill
Etheridge
NML
Ward
Jazz
Bogle
connelly and now
Patterson
Fair bit of wages there, plus the two or three youngsters out on loan, I don't expect they were on high wages and the same for the players in on loan.
Tough times, but if we don't get some decent players in we are going to end up near the bottom half of the table not the top six. I am normally very optimistic, but I am finding it very hard to remain so.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:19 am

This is worse now clearly Harris has no running of the team and its being run by the idiots who have messed it up every time we got promoted each time it was not the fault of Malky or Warnock its the idiots above who are clearly running things badly and think they are doing a great job .

Lets be honest Tan is a disaster and his crew how can a manager not have control who is being sold if they offering millions
then ok but this is a crap deal

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:58 am

I just think the managers being a bit cute.He knows the decision to sell Patterson will be unpopular with the fans but at the same time I don't think he wants him.I also think to get rid of a couple more before he can get others in.I don't think for a minute any of this was done without the managers knowledge but I'm a bit surprised Warnock hasn't been sniffing given he bought him here in the first and was one of his big hopes.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:17 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I just think the managers being a bit cute.He knows the decision to sell Patterson will be unpopular with the fans but at the same time I don't think he wants him.I also think to get rid of a couple more before he can get others in.I don't think for a minute any of this was done without the managers knowledge but I'm a bit surprised Warnock hasn't been sniffing given he bought him here in the first and was one of his big hopes.

maybe....its what i originally thought tbh...having started the first 4 re start games { 3 wins and a draw } drops him for the blackburn game brings him back in the nxt against Fulham...then just stopped picking him ? 15 minutes of football in 8 games even with 5 subs so yes possibly another fall out...as for Boro..no money, theyve offloaded players too