Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harris:”What hurts is we’re the better team.”

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris:

"It's hugely disappointing. We set our stall out at the start of the season to be resolute at home and build a platform for a top-six challenge.

"The frustrating thing for me is we've conceded four goals at home, and look at the goals. We have to learn. First goal against Sheffield Wednesday we give the ball away cheaply and the second comes from a set play, then today the first goal comes from a set play and the second from us giving the ball away cheaply in the middle of the park.

"That's what hurts. We're the better team, we've created the better chances, got more balls in the box, more set plays and we've lost the game. That's the frustration.

"I said to the players the effort is there. After Sheffield Wednesday I questioned their focus but not today. If we want to be top-six side, we can't give away poor goals."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Harris:”What hurts is we’re the better team.”

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Actually Neil, in my opinion we deserved to lose and we’re not the better team.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Actually Neil, in my opinion we deserved to lose and we’re not the better team.

Spot on.

Don't try to pull the wool over our eyes please Mr Harris.

I'm not sure he really believes that himself to be honest - trying to find something positive from an extremely lacklustre performance.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm

We were out classed in our last 2 home games.

I am sure I am not alone in thinking we were lucky to have been drawing at half time.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 pm

The guy is tripping !!!

We have lost 3 from 4 competitive games and only had spells where there appears to be any directions.

Very few wanted him, so not much of a shift to turn against him. The only thing he has in his favour is I doubt we'll be in the ground this season to express our disappointment

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Grandstand wrote:We were out classed in our last 2 home games.

I am sure I am not alone in thinking we were lucky to have been drawing at half time.

We also ended both games in an Under 10's formation

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Reply Fb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 pm

Reply Fb:

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:38 pm

That is ridiculous , Reading were by far the better team, perhaps NH is counting sideways passes as the better team.
Reading looked dangerous going forward , their players looked lively and creative.
We lumbered through the game.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Actually Neil, in my opinion we deserved to lose and we’re not the better team.

Deluded. Spins a good story.

No guts...no glory

Ruined another weekend.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Grandstand wrote:We were out classed in our last 2 home games.

We also ended both games in an Under 10's formation

I agree. When we're losing he just empties the bench, playing all of our forward/attacking players at the same time....no formation at all, everyone looks clueless, getting in each other's way.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:26 pm

if he actually believes this its a bigger problem than just the crap performance and defeat...

Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:26 am

Not making excuses,as it was a poor performance at home again,but since lockdown,results seem to be favouring the away teams.only one home win in championship yesterday :!: but something is not quite right. :?: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:00 am

Im sorry Neil but we did f*ck all,
Send hoillet to MLS
ojo bench him and start murphy
Drop nelson soon as for flint

Our wide men offer no service and we can't defend set pieces
We need 2 or 3 players minimum in a already thin squad.
Patterson wouldn't of made a difference either :thumbup:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:37 am

We were a distant second best. Harris is deluded if he thinks we were the better side.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:39 am

We were a distant second best. Harris is deluded if he thinks we were the better side.