Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An update on Cardiff City supporters attending games.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:58 pm

Hopefully we will be watching Cardiff City in 2021 :bluebird:

We tried for 1,000 Cardiff fans to attend the Cardiff City Stadium, we were turned down for the 2nd time before even the partial lockdown in Cardiff has just been announced :cry:

VINCE ALM:

An update on supporters attending games.

Last week the EFL again asked Cardiff City FC if they could take part in a series of test events and host a test event at short notice for the Reading fixture tomorrow.

One of the board members of Cardiff City FC contacted a couple of local Westminster MPs who are Cardiff City Supporters to assist in speaking to the welsh assembly to get approval for the test to go ahead. With their help things were looking positive and a document was put together to submit to the assembly for approval Monday morning 21st September 2020. However events with the covid infection rates in the area took a turn for the worst over the weekend so by the time the document landed it was turned down.

It is very frustrating that it has been turned down after again the amount of work from experts, medical experts, crowd behaviour experts etc that had an input into the document. I personally fully understand these decisions are about saving lives

However there will be about 20,000 shoppers that will pass through St David's 2 tomorrow in Cardiff with very little control measures except for the will of the shoppers to comply with social distancing rules. I am not criticising these people I think it is good for their well being, good for the local economy, good for the people who are employed there, but these shoppers will travel in full cars, buses and trains unchecked. Many people will also go to a pub and restaurant where there will be an element of control which again is good for many person wellbeing, the local economy, and jobs, but after a few drinks social distancing disappears I know I've done it myself and have consequently stopped going out.

The test event was for a 1000 supporters in the Ninian Stand there were strict measures around access egress and a code of conduct to adhere to. These were to be monitored and enforced by the stewarding staff. Temperatures would have been taken prior to entering the stadium and everyone name and address contact details would have been on file. Seating plan accommodated for social distancing but also catered for family and family bubbles in line with welsh government guidance. The fans who attended would have been monitored if any infection transmission occurred at the fixture up to 14 days after.

personally I could have accepted it if I as I say the town centres were all shut, it is my belief that a 1000 football supporters would have been safer attending a football match in a 34,000 seater stadium than 20,000 people mingling in and out of St Davids 2 tomorrow indoors!

There are thousands even millions who rely on spectator sport for wellbeing, and social activity. Many supporters social interaction will solely be through sport.

It seems a halfway house at the moment with restrictions let hope it works and we can get back to watching sport before many go out of business.

Re: An update on Cardiff City supporters attending games.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:01 pm

We can forget this season completely.

Possibly be allowed in very small numbers at the start of next season (September 2021) and then only if you've had the government approved vaccine and the certificate to prove it.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:09 pm

davids wrote:We can forget this season completely.

Possibly be allowed in very small numbers at the start of next season (September 2021) and then only if you've had the government approved vaccine and the certificate to prove it.

Correct David.

Atletico Baleares start their season 3 weeks this Sunday, 1,000 fans allowed to attend, they might make it 1,500 as they’ve put 4 more temporary stands in.

I’ve got my tickets :bluescarf:

My 10th year of watching Atletico Baleares and was suppose to be my 49th consecutive season watching City, renewed my season tickets :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct David.

Atletico Baleares start their season 3 weeks this Sunday, 1,000 fans allowed to attend, they might make it 1,500 as they’ve put 4 more temporary stands in.

My 10th year of watching Atletico Baleares and was suppose to be my 49th consecutive season watching City, renewed my season tickets :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Annis,

It looks like your 49th season watching Cardiff will be the first one where you will be unable to actually watch them in the flesh.

Very disheartening and no thought being given to anything here in the UK and especially in Wales other than keeping us under control as much as possible and for as long as possible.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:01 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Correct David.

Annis,

It looks like your 49th season watching Cardiff will be the first one where you will be unable to actually watch them in the flesh.

Very disheartening and no thought being given to anything here in the UK and especially in Wales other than keeping us under control as much as possible and for as long as possible.

Sadly David, it really does look that way.

I might fly back next year and sneak in :lol: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Good luck with that Annis!

You'll have to get past the barbed wire, machine gun posts and snatch squads that Drakeford is going to use supported by Plod and the army to make sure nobody gets into or out of Cardiff for the next few years.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Vince is right.

Sport and Leisure is a massive part of people's social lives.

Throw us a bone ffs WAG (no pun in tented)

Letting 1000 in would at least give people something to look forward to even if we can only go once each this season so everyone gets a chance

I know it's about saving lives but Winter is going to be bleak, I know a few people who are seriously suffering with their mental health, it's a serious matter.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:Vince is right.

Sport and Leisure is a massive part of people's social lives.

Throw us a bone ffs WAG (no pun in tented)

Letting 1000 in would at least give people something to look forward to even if we can only go once each this season so everyone gets a chance

I know it's about saving lives but Winter is going to be bleak, I know a few people who are seriously suffering with their mental health, it's a serious matter.

You're absolutely spot on.

Mental Health issues are a massive problem but just one of so many problems being completely ignored in the rush to lockdown the country against the "killer" virus which was the 19th highest cause of death in Wales in August.

Genuinely saddened for the 1609 families in Wales that have lost family and friends to the virus (0.050% of the population)

Also saddened for the tens of thousands likely to lose their lives through depression, suicide, mental health problems, undiagnosed cancers, cancelled operations and the many thousands of our elderly in hospitals and nursing homes and in their own homes being cruelly separated from their families and loved ones at a time when they need them the most.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Let's be fair - It's not looking good :(

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:55 pm

davids wrote:Good luck with that Annis!

You'll have to get past the barbed wire, machine gun posts and snatch squads that Drakeford is going to use supported by Plod and the army to make sure nobody gets into or out of Cardiff for the next few years.

:lol: :lol: