Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff 'lockdown' figures..

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Borders Blue wrote:These figures on deaths from Covid have just been released by the Centre For Disease Control - the CDC - in the US. Bear in mind that these include those with comorbidities - so the figures for those without comorbidities will be even lower. The CDC charts are at 2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE2g8l ... ertyReport The figures for the UK will be roughly the same. Note also that the death rate for those under 19 is 0.00003. SO WHAT WE PANICKING ABOUT?

its well past panic mate, we have councils now enrolling staff from other departments to enforce rules , without training , a grasp of our laws or even of the rules they are meant to be enforcing.. its make it up as you go and if your face dont fit ..

Companies not even bothering to look up the rules either girl in currys refused to let me in without a mask exempt certificate! (Only shop to do so) It's not even a legal requirement to have one.. looked it up on WG website! A few rules on covid are not legal requirements.

not sure if shops can have their own rules.. but been told today some councils have been closing pubs for minor breaches of rules ..and a friend who is a taxi driver told me of an altercation he had with a woman council worker whose behaviour belongs in another country 85 years agp

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Borders Blue wrote:These figures on deaths from Covid have just been released by the Centre For Disease Control - the CDC - in the US. Bear in mind that these include those with comorbidities - so the figures for those without comorbidities will be even lower. The CDC charts are at 2 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxE2g8l ... ertyReport The figures for the UK will be roughly the same. Note also that the death rate for those under 19 is 0.00003. SO WHAT WE PANICKING ABOUT?

its well past panic mate, we have councils now enrolling staff from other departments to enforce rules , without training , a grasp of our laws or even of the rules they are meant to be enforcing.. its make it up as you go and if your face dont fit ..

Companies not even bothering to look up the rules either girl in currys refused to let me in without a mask exempt certificate! (Only shop to do so) It's not even a legal requirement to have one.. looked it up on WG website! A few rules on covid are not legal requirements.

not sure if shops can have their own rules.. but been told today some councils have been closing pubs for minor breaches of rules ..and a friend who is a taxi driver told me of an altercation he had with a woman council worker whose behaviour belongs in another country 85 years agp

They cant but didn't want to argue the toss with her until I checked facts... done so now so pop in tomorrow speak to manager to educate them on rules armed with my worthless certificate! Unfortunately councils can do what they like by using H&S and covid to stamp their authority on the people....

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 am

pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:It’s quite revealing that despite being far more busier than normal, there were no local cases of Covid in Pembrokeshire this summer. People are still flocking there from all over England now, can’t go if you live in South Wales though......bizarre.

Posted same earlier st davids and surrounding
areas have been overrun with tourists for several months yet to my knowledge not one case here which is remarkable considering pubs ect are supposed to be cause of spikes! Pembs itself as a whole very few positive cases for two months or so and deaths even less... my concern would be way WG use figures as 1 case in a thousand can be turned into 100 cases in 100k if they want to lock us down.... :o

Probably down to the demographics of the visitors, families and older people generally ?

Plus a lot of outdoor activities with different types of pubs to the bars in City centres where lots of people gather and are less likely to distance.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am

In the last 7 days they tested 3290 people in Cardiff - that is less than 1% of the population of Cardiff.
Not sure how they get the figure of per 100,000 of people, as they havent tested 100,000.

Of the 3290 people (1% of cardiff population) they tested 87 came back positive. So the correct figure for Covid infections last week was 0.03% of the population of cardiff.

Maybe if they could show the total number of people living in Cardiff that are suffering from Covid 19 (not recovered or died) just currently suffering from covid 19

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:In the last 7 days they tested 3290 people in Cardiff - that is less than 1% of the population of Cardiff.
Not sure how they get the figure of per 100,000 of people, as they havent tested 100,000.

Of the 3290 people (1% of cardiff population) they tested 87 came back positive. So the correct figure for Covid infections last week was 0.03% of the population of cardiff.

Maybe if they could show the total number of people living in Cardiff that are suffering from Covid 19 (not recovered or died) just currently suffering from covid 19

They simply take positive tests from the ones tested and multiply that amount until get 100k people ......1 positive results in 1k tested means 100 positive tests in 100k people according to WG! Only 123 positive tests in 360k was enough to get cdf locked down. :roll: