Post a reply

Re: Updated: Callum Paterson and Kenneth Zohore could join

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Hes 3rd choice Centre forward
3rd choice in number 10 role
But cos he runs around alot Cardiff fans want him to stay :banghead:
He can't hold the ball up has a dreadful touch
He doesn't have the quality to play behind striker

If running around is your strong point thats not good enough anymore, thought he was very poor last season too, im sure he would be a miss in changing room. But if we get anywhere over 1.5m hes gone. Bring in better quality players

Lots of Cardiff fans want him to stay because he is a good character and gives his all for the shirt.

Let's be blunt, he's been tucked up here.

He was signed as a defender, an attacking full back to quote the Club Website at the time of the signing, was and and still is and International Playee for Scotland.

If he doesn't fit into Neil Harris plans that's fine, like many good players before him sometimes your face or style doesn't fit but let's not pretend he's rubbish or just list what he can't do because personally I think he's shown he has lot more of what he 'can do' whilst playing wherever he's been put and never letting us down or complaining about it

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:27 pm

RV Casual wrote:

If running around is your strong point thats not good enough anymore, thought he was very poor last season too, im sure he would be a miss in changing room. But if we get anywhere over 1.5m hes gone. Bring in better quality players

Lots of Cardiff fans want him to stay because he is a good character and gives his all for the shirt.

He was signed as a defender, an attacking full back to quote the Club Website at the time of the signing, was and and still is and International Playee for Scotland.

If he doesn't fit into Neil Harris plans that's fine, like many good players before him sometimes your face or style doesn't fit but let's not pretend he's rubbish or just list what he can't do because personally I think he's shown he has lot more of what he 'can do' whilst playing wherever he's been put and never letting us down or complaining about it

Absolutely. He has a decent touch and brings others into play well. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time and absolutely has a desire not many of our players possess.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Paterson has given good service for City but can anyone honestly say he is better than anyone who started our 2 games this season?
Time to move him on.

And if it is one in one out then we should be seeing someone in but please not Knockeart.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:25 am

RV Casual wrote:

But the things I've listed are whats needed for a CF/ Target man and to play in the 10 role???
Hes openly said he wants to play up top but I don't think he's good enough & think you'll find most fans will agree.

Id happily give him a go out wide as u said he was an attacking full back. But he's nowhere near the standard needed to play 10 or up top.
Id happily keep him as a squad player but if we get a decent fee he's gone I think

Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:08 am

maccydee wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Absolutely. He has a decent touch and brings others into play well. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time and absolutely has a desire not many of our players possess.

The desire and knack I agree with.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:00 pm

nubbsy wrote:I think we all love patterson, hes a blood and guts player and chips in with goals. But if we could pick up a decent fee for him and get someone in that suits Harris's style better then I'd be pretty happy about that.

This is exactly why Paterson is loved, technically he’s poor, as a chase it down forward it didn’t work, he’ll win headers but he’s got no idea where they are going. We need better, get a fee and let him go so we can get someone else in.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Calum Paterson an important and versatile member of the City squad and rarely let's the team down :thumbup:

His determination and antics on the field, particularly after a goal, always made me smile :D

Rather he stays but wish him nothing but luck wherever he ends up :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:50 pm

Alot saying he's a third choice striker... The sad fact is, both glatzel and Moore are target men... And as we have seen, when the target man approach isn't working, and you need to change it up, we can't, just bring on a second target man. The opposition defence must love it... No movement, no pace.. Glatzel can't out jump defenders, can't get past defenders and isn't that good with the ball at his feet.. I'd rather we take a loss on glatzel and kept patto.

But my big question is, who signed pato in the first place... We signed him as a right back and then warnock came out and said he can't defend... So who did the scouting on him... Its lucky he did a great job for us upto otherwise this could of been an shambles of a signing. Even more so I think we paid £250,000 knowing he was out injured for a few months aswell

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:10 pm

Sven wrote:Calum Paterson an important and versatile member of the City squad and rarely let's the team down :thumbup:

His determination and antics on the field, particularly after a goal, always made me smile :D

Rather he stays but wish him nothing but luck wherever he ends up :ayatollah:

Well put sven :thumbup: if he does go,we should all wish him all the best,and if he's not in harris's plans,that's 20k a week to get someone in who is a starter,as we have plenty of "squad" players,it's a bit of quality we are lacking.
The fee? If what's being quoted are true,it is not that big of a surprise to me,considering what has,and still is happening in the sporting world in the main.surprised Wednesday are offering 25k a week to loan zohore for the season,and it states,that is LESS than HALF of what he now earns at West brom :shock: :bluebird:
Post a reply