Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Callum Paterson and Kenneth Zohore could join

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 pm

Updated:

Cardiff want to reduce wage bill before they bring in another player.

Neil Harris has since being manager moved 20 City players out incl 10 first team squad and 10 under 23’s and signed one permanent player.

Confirmed Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Cardiff City over a permanent move for Callum Paterson.
Wednesday are willing to match the wages City pay Paterson.

The only obstacle at the moment is the fee.

Callum Paterson and Kenneth Zohore could join

Both wanted by Sheffield Wednesday

Talks have taken place with WBA striker Kenneth Zohore but no breakthrough has yet been made over a potential loan move.

Gary Monk has also enquired about Cardiff City’s Callum Paterson

Monk is also After Dion Sanderson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Callum Paterson and Kenneth Zohore could join

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Can’t understand why we don’t try Paterson in our problem position of right back? He played most of his games there for Hearts and Scotland and is now only our third choice as Striker so unlikely to get many games there?

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Can’t understand why we don’t try Paterson in our problem position of right back? He played most of his games there for Hearts and Scotland and is now only our third choice as Striker so unlikely to get many games there?

I think the fella we have there now will do just fine mate. Imo it’s time for CP to move on. There’s a time when guys and passion are not quite enough on their own.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:Can’t understand why we don’t try Paterson in our problem position of right back? He played most of his games there for Hearts and Scotland and is now only our third choice as Striker so unlikely to get many games there?

2 managers have not played him at rb and the fact Harris pulled Bacuna out his strongest position in cm when Paterson was available probably says a lot about his ability to play there.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:16 pm

Confirmed Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Cardiff City over a permanent move for Callum Paterson.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Confirmed Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Cardiff City over a permanent move for Callum Paterson.

Gutted.

Re: Updated: Callum Paterson and Kenneth Zohore could join

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:32 pm

I really don’t want Paterson to go I love him! I understand the reasons though he seems to be 3rd choice at the minute so with money tight it makes sense. Hope we don’t give him away though as he’s a very useful player

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Confirmed Sheffield Wednesday are in talks with Cardiff City over a permanent move for Callum Paterson.

Gutted.

And me Neil.

Paterson is continually played out of position.

He gives 110% for City, a battler, leader , passionate.

I hope we get some good money for him, but I get the feeling City are happy to save on the wages.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Son of Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri starts following Cardiff City's Callum Paterson on Instagram - Sheffield Wednesday News

Son of Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri starts following Cardiff City’s Callum Paterson on Instagram
(Photo by Matthew Lewis/Getty Images)
The Cardiff City utility player, Callum Paterson, is the latest person Att Chansiri has followed on Instagram.

Elias Kachunga, Chey Dunkley, Josh Windass, Connor Wickham, Alessio da Cruz and Massimo Luongo each joined Wednesday after being followed by Chansiri, whose father is the Owls chairman, Dejphon.

The Wednesday manager, Garry Monk, has made no secret of his desire to strengthen his side’s options at centre-forward and is also said to be after a right-wing-back – two positions in which Paterson is comfortable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Always loved patters work ethic and was top scorer one season i just hope we bring in better otherwise whats the point.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:57 pm

montyblue wrote:Always loved patters work ethic and was top scorer one season i just hope we bring in better otherwise whats the point.

I agree, his work ethic and passion could not be doubted but imo I just didn't think he was very good.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:00 pm

We need to strengthen now.

Replies fb

Sion Holt: I agree mate . Think we’re on same page on this topic. I’m quite exasperated right now to be fair. There’s so many on forum also saying yea get rid? Why? If there was an option out there of another Patterson type I’d take it! Never let the first team down ever. Top scorer from midfield with half a season after bad leg injury. Very young and committed. I’m not keen on losing a passionate squad player we can depend on and has goals in them and defensive minded. Id rather have Monk as a manager too truth be told!

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:09 pm

BLUEBIRDOCT 1962

i agree he was' nt the most skillfull but was always there at the right time and that silly gig he did after scoring and a silly effort of a forward roll he was agreat advert for togetherness as a team with some fun and laughter but that was when we where on the up promotion with warnock in charge looking to a season in the prem so probably looking back with rose tinted glasses to a better time now it just seems understandbly we are just trying to keep our heads above the water and stripping back to bare bones.
bloody chinese goverment got a lot to answer for the whole world in f.ck.d up.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 pm

I think we all love patterson, hes a blood and guts player and chips in with goals. But if we could pick up a decent fee for him and get someone in that suits Harris's style better then I'd be pretty happy about that.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Son of Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri starts following Cardiff City's Callum Paterson on Instagram - Sheffield Wednesday News

Son of Sheffield Wednesday chairman Dejphon Chansiri starts following Cardiff City’s Callum Paterson on Instagram
(Photo by Matthew Lewis/Getty Images)
The Cardiff City utility player, Callum Paterson, is the latest person Att Chansiri has followed on Instagram.

Elias Kachunga, Chey Dunkley, Josh Windass, Connor Wickham, Alessio da Cruz and Massimo Luongo each joined Wednesday after being followed by Chansiri, whose father is the Owls chairman, Dejphon.

The Wednesday manager, Garry Monk, has made no secret of his desire to strengthen his side’s options at centre-forward and is also said to be after a right-wing-back – two positions in which Paterson is comfortable.

Is that the only spark to this story?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:51 pm

I seem to remember Hearts having a fairly decent sell on clause in his contract. Can anybody confirm?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Hes 3rd choice Centre forward
3rd choice in number 10 role
But cos he runs around alot Cardiff fans want him to stay :banghead:
He can't hold the ball up has a dreadful touch
He doesn't have the quality to play behind striker

If running around is your strong point thats not good enough anymore, thought he was very poor last season too, im sure he would be a miss in changing room. But if we get anywhere over 1.5m hes gone. Bring in better quality players

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Getting short on numbers. A worry about only one genuine right back and a lack of good wingers. If we let Patto go and Moore is on international duty and Glatzel gets injured we have nobody left. Should have kept Ward. Also wit Peltier and Patto gone and there’s a scap our 2 hardest men have gone. :lol:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:17 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Hes 3rd choice Centre forward

If running around is your strong point thats not good enough anymore, thought he was very poor last season too, im sure he would be a miss in changing room. But if we get anywhere over 1.5m hes gone. Bring in better quality players

Someone talking sense on this thread, which is the reason both managers chose not to select him

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:19 pm

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I really don’t want Paterson to go I love him! I understand the reasons though he seems to be 3rd choice at the minute so with money tight it makes sense. Hope we don’t give him away though as he’s a very useful player

how he doesnt get in this team beats the hell out of me , but Harris isnt interested so one way or another its going to happen..

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm

montyblue wrote:BLUEBIRDOCT 1962

i agree he was' nt the most skillfull but was always there at the right time and that silly gig he did after scoring and a silly effort of a forward roll he was agreat advert for togetherness as a team with some fun and laughter but that was when we where on the up promotion with warnock in charge looking to a season in the prem so probably looking back with rose tinted glasses to a better time now it just seems understandbly we are just trying to keep our heads above the water and stripping back to bare bones.
bloody chinese goverment got a lot to answer for the whole world in f.ck.d up.

Fair enough Monty, I take your point that his timing was good too. Just think time to move on (and free up some wages)

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:32 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Hes 3rd choice Centre forward

Totally agree

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:33 pm

patto isnt the tallest, but he throws his body around and wins headers, especially with tomlin never being fit, we need someone to play the number 10 role, and seeing as we moore, any technical number 10 will be wasted, so why arent we trying patto there. i cannot believe we are willing to let him go, no matter if he has a bad game, he gives 100%

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:49 pm

bluebird04 wrote:patto isnt the tallest, but he throws his body around and wins headers, especially with tomlin never being fit, we need someone to play the number 10 role, and seeing as we moore, any technical number 10 will be wasted, so why arent we trying patto there. i cannot believe we are willing to let him go, no matter if he has a bad game, he gives 100%

I could play and give 100% mate. Seriously, you think Moore with Pato behind him is the way forward?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm

bluebird04 wrote:patto isnt the tallest, but he throws his body around and wins headers, especially with tomlin never being fit, we need someone to play the number 10 role, and seeing as we moore, any technical number 10 will be wasted, so why arent we trying patto there. i cannot believe we are willing to let him go, no matter if he has a bad game, he gives 100%

agree... but the manager has made it clear he has little interest in him so as fans we would be better off with a different player... honestly shocked by some of what im reading about running around...

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:05 pm

What amazes me is that he was brought in by warnock as a right back told he couldn’t defend and then ended up playing centre forward and at times right midfield which I didn’t think he was able to do his all round game is not brilliant but to to be fair to him he’s always been a tryer and hard working and lets be honest we like players who try and fight for the badge now Paterson finds himself third in the pecking order of strikers he’s not wanted at right back either or midfield don’t forget warnock wasted five million buying bobby Reid and warnock didn’t play him and put Paterson up front if I’m honest I think Paterson is being treated unfairly by Harris considering everything he done for city

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm

I am sure if Harris could get a fee for Glatzel he would let him go first as there was next to F.A. between Paterson and Glatzel.

The next question is does Paterson want to be a benchwarmer. I doubt it because that's why we all like him.

We have a proper 9, loads of hard working top end championship central midfielders and defenders. Some class and pace on the wing we just need to get cover for Tomlin. If we need to let Paterson go, then so be it.

I would prefer Glatzen to leave over Paterson, but i doubt we'd find many takers.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Just hope if he goes NH is given the monies to invest. Did not happen with the NE fee.
A quality player to lose but our squad is looking desperately thin and another player down will make it very difficult to maintain a top six finish once injuries kick in.
Moore, Glatzel and Harris. Forget Vassell.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Paterson to Sheff Wed?

A fee and Jordan Rhodes in the deal might be a goer?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:53 pm

She’d Wednesday should not even be on this division.. they should of been relegated.. stinks