Back to Normal !!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Back to Normal !!

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it". - Josef Mengele

It's just a mask.
It’s just voluntary social distancing.
It's just two weeks – to “flatten the curve.”
It’s just temporary.
It's just to prevent an overwhelming surge of the health care system.
We’re all in this together.
It's just 'non-essential' businesses.
It’s just until the surge is over.
Its just to keep others from being scared.
It’s a sign of caring. Don't you care about others?
It's just two more weeks.
It’s just six feet.
It's just communion or singing.
You can still meet on videochat.
It’s the new normal.
Anyone who does not comply is making things worse.
It's just until October.
It's just until more cases go down.
It's just until we get a vaccine.
It’s just until the virus is no longer an issue.
It's just the removal of a YouTube video.
It’s just the removal of a Facebook post.
It's just the deletion of a YouTube account.
It’s just the deletion of a Facebook account.
Nobody is violating your right to free speech.
It's just to protect others from misinformation.
Anybody who does not agree must be a right wing extremist or a white supremacist.
It’s just a nasal swab.
It just hurts for a few seconds.
It’s just for everyone’s safety.
We will need for you to return for repeat testing once every week.
You ideally should wear goggles or an eye mask for “more perfect” protection.
It’s recommended that you wear a mask while you are at home with family members.
It’s advised that you maintain social distance while you are at home with family members.
It’s just until there are less than 6 new cases per 100,000 people.
This may not end until the second half of 2021 or in 2022.
We need to ramp up the testing and tracing.
This is a testing checkpoint. You must submit to a test.
It's just an app.
It's just to let us know who you've been in contact with.
It's just to let others know you're safe to be around.
It's just a few places that don't accept cash.
It’s only a temporary coin shortage.
It’s just a no-cash policy.
It’s a convenient card that tracks all your transactions.
It’s just a ban on singing in public.
It’s only facial recognition.
It's just an ankle bracelet.
It’s just to let us know that you are complying with isolation.
The drones will be monitoring you for your protection to make sure you are complying with quarantine.
You should not have sex without wearing a mask.
You are not allowed to have sex with anyone who is not a member of your household.
It’s just a little prick.
It’s just a quantum-dot tattoo embedded into your skin.
This device provides a brief electrical current to allow the RNA or DNA to enter your cells.
It’s for your health security..
That’s just a conspiracy theory.
It’s so we can keep track of your immunization status.
It's just a temporary side effect.
It’s just a coincidence – it has nothing to do with the vaccine.
If you feel sick at any time or for any reason, it just means it’s the virus is causing it.
If you get sick, then you just have to start again with more isolation and injections.
It looks like we will need multiple booster injections to give you the best protection.
It’s just a new type of mask with a built-in temperature and virus sensors that you need to wear all day.
It's just for medical information and paying for things.
It’s just an immunization passport.
It's completely voluntary, but you need it if you want to be able to participate in society.
It's just that you can't board an airplane without it.
It's just that you are not allowed to be employed without it.
It's just that you cannot go to school or university without it.
It's just that you cannot enter any stores without it.
It's just that you cannot renew your driver's license without it
It's just that you are not allowed to leave your house without it.
It's just so you can be allowed to drive on the roads.
It's just so you can be allowed to vote.
It’s just so you are allowed to keep your job.
It’s just so you can allowed inside stores.
It’s only a restaurant closure.
It’s only one small business that has closed.
It’s just a one-time stimulus check.
Don't worry about being unemployed. It's only temporary.
The economy will eventually bounce back – it will be a “V” shaped curve.
It’s just a temporary job loss.
It’s just a temporary unemployment check.
It’s was just a temporary moratorium on evictions and foreclosures.
It’s just an eviction notice.
It’s just a foreclosure notice.
It’s only needed in order for you to be allowed government assistance.
It’s just a temporary bank closure.
It’s just a bank holiday.
It’s just a ban on cash.
The dollar has been devalued.
It’s a brand new digital cryptocurrency designed by Microsoft.
Don't worry if you have no job, there's always Universal Basic Income because the government loves you.
If you care, then you reduce your talking, or stop talking completely when in public.
It’s only required if you want to leave your house.
It's voluntary but your children will need to be removed from You
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 22848
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

Back to Normal !!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:26 am

You do make a case for being allowed out once in a while. :lol:
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 6003
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby montyblue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:38 am

Is'nt it just.
montyblue
 
Posts: 1962
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:54 am

its all moved on quite a bit from a short lockdown and thanking the public for being so compliant..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:10 am

What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?
WestCoastBlue
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby Igovernor » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:13 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5040
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:33 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?



maybe you should spell it out to him using facts that counter his points... the conspiracy theory is obviously his opinion but the majority of his facts are on the money... nobody wants to compare covid to anything....why because they know it does not stand up to comparison or scrutiny.. but theyve bought the top and scarf and being a coronaphobe is for life. swallowed the line far too easily and are now doubling down on it.. mostly while individually deciding what is sensible or irresponsible behaviour... mini bus to doncaster = irresponsible...plane to Greece = sensible.. etc...
skidemin
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby ManInBlack » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am

This Post 'Back to Normal' is as far from normal as you can get...
Don't post much on here but the more I read Nukes threads make me concerned for his mental health.
Care in the community is a good thing but there has been some terrible mistakes over the years.
ManInBlack
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?



maybe you should spell it out to him using facts that counter his points... the conspiracy theory is obviously his opinion but the majority of his facts are on the money... nobody wants to compare covid to anything....why because they know it does not stand up to comparison or scrutiny.. but theyve bought the top and scarf and being a coronaphobe is for life. swallowed the line far too easily and are now doubling down on it.. mostly while individually deciding what is sensible or irresponsible behaviour... mini bus to doncaster = irresponsible...plane to Greece = sensible.. etc...


For a bit of a laugh I’ve given it a go.

Drones flying above to enforce lockdown:
With a bit of googling and an assumption we’re not also including missiles to blow up any lockdown breakers, the the price of a military style surveillance drone is about £10million.
Now considering these drones aren’t being used for a hunt and kill mission on a single target but to survey the entire population then we’ll need full 24/7 coverage. The most common military drone has a maximum flight time of 14 hours so 2 drones on 12 hour flights with 2 hours of fuel to spare.
Now these drones will be on a constant patrol over residential areas so let’s say a single drone patrols an area with 15,000 people then Cardiff alone would need 44 drones for a single day’s surveillance.
That makes the initial cost of acquiring the drones £440million.
With a rough cost of £3000 per hour of flying, these 44 drones in a single day of subduing the population is ~£1.5m. For a 6 month lockdown we’re looking at just shy of £300m.

So a 6month lockdown being enforced with drones would cost around £750m. That’s for enforcing a lockdown in Cardiff alone and without accounting for the costs of building an airfield to house 44 drones.

Also, for something a bit easier to call out as being nonsense:
Multiple mentions of masks being needed
Goggles also being needed
Then halfway through the.... poem? Of our hypothetical future, Facial recognition is being used.
So which is it? Fully covered faces or facial recognition?

Also also, no one wants to mention Nukes is using a quote from one of the most horrific torturers in the Holocaust to try back up his argument.
WestCoastBlue
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:31 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?



maybe you should spell it out to him using facts that counter his points... the conspiracy theory is obviously his opinion but the majority of his facts are on the money... nobody wants to compare covid to anything....why because they know it does not stand up to comparison or scrutiny.. but theyve bought the top and scarf and being a coronaphobe is for life. swallowed the line far too easily and are now doubling down on it.. mostly while individually deciding what is sensible or irresponsible behaviour... mini bus to doncaster = irresponsible...plane to Greece = sensible.. etc...


For a bit of a laugh I’ve given it a go.

Drones flying above to enforce lockdown:
With a bit of googling and an assumption we’re not also including missiles to blow up any lockdown breakers, the the price of a military style surveillance drone is about £10million.
Now considering these drones aren’t being used for a hunt and kill mission on a single target but to survey the entire population then we’ll need full 24/7 coverage. The most common military drone has a maximum flight time of 14 hours so 2 drones on 12 hour flights with 2 hours of fuel to spare.
Now these drones will be on a constant patrol over residential areas so let’s say a single drone patrols an area with 15,000 people then Cardiff alone would need 44 drones for a single day’s surveillance.
That makes the initial cost of acquiring the drones £440million.
With a rough cost of £3000 per hour of flying, these 44 drones in a single day of subduing the population is ~£1.5m. For a 6 month lockdown we’re looking at just shy of £300m.

So a 6month lockdown being enforced with drones would cost around £750m. That’s for enforcing a lockdown in Cardiff alone and without accounting for the costs of building an airfield to house 44 drones.

Also, for something a bit easier to call out as being nonsense:
Multiple mentions of masks being needed
Goggles also being needed
Then halfway through the.... poem? Of our hypothetical future, Facial recognition is being used.
So which is it? Fully covered faces or facial recognition?

Also also, no one wants to mention Nukes is using a quote from one of the most horrific torturers in the Holocaust to try back up his argument.



hmmm.. drones ? the list in the opening post goes too far.. and i did say not the conspiracy theory { hypothetical future }
but try where we are and whats actually happened... facts not drones..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby WestCoastBlue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?



maybe you should spell it out to him using facts that counter his points... the conspiracy theory is obviously his opinion but the majority of his facts are on the money... nobody wants to compare covid to anything....why because they know it does not stand up to comparison or scrutiny.. but theyve bought the top and scarf and being a coronaphobe is for life. swallowed the line far too easily and are now doubling down on it.. mostly while individually deciding what is sensible or irresponsible behaviour... mini bus to doncaster = irresponsible...plane to Greece = sensible.. etc...


For a bit of a laugh I’ve given it a go.

Drones flying above to enforce lockdown:
With a bit of googling and an assumption we’re not also including missiles to blow up any lockdown breakers, the the price of a military style surveillance drone is about £10million.
Now considering these drones aren’t being used for a hunt and kill mission on a single target but to survey the entire population then we’ll need full 24/7 coverage. The most common military drone has a maximum flight time of 14 hours so 2 drones on 12 hour flights with 2 hours of fuel to spare.
Now these drones will be on a constant patrol over residential areas so let’s say a single drone patrols an area with 15,000 people then Cardiff alone would need 44 drones for a single day’s surveillance.
That makes the initial cost of acquiring the drones £440million.
With a rough cost of £3000 per hour of flying, these 44 drones in a single day of subduing the population is ~£1.5m. For a 6 month lockdown we’re looking at just shy of £300m.

So a 6month lockdown being enforced with drones would cost around £750m. That’s for enforcing a lockdown in Cardiff alone and without accounting for the costs of building an airfield to house 44 drones.

Also, for something a bit easier to call out as being nonsense:
Multiple mentions of masks being needed
Goggles also being needed
Then halfway through the.... poem? Of our hypothetical future, Facial recognition is being used.
So which is it? Fully covered faces or facial recognition?

Also also, no one wants to mention Nukes is using a quote from one of the most horrific torturers in the Holocaust to try back up his argument.



hmmm.. drones ? the list in the opening post goes too far.. and i did say not the conspiracy theory { hypothetical future }
but try where we are and whats actually happened... facts not drones..


I misread your reply but my point was the post as a whole was nonsense, we’re apparently living in a timeline which will turn into a dystopian young adults novel. Talking about drones filling the sky and masks that test every single breath or ankle bracelets and talking being banned doesn't help get across the message of his post. It comes out looking like the drunken ramblings of a paranoid mind.
WestCoastBlue
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby skidemin » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:52 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:What a load of nonsense :roll: can we have one day where you’ve not prophesied the end of days Nukes?



maybe you should spell it out to him using facts that counter his points... the conspiracy theory is obviously his opinion but the majority of his facts are on the money... nobody wants to compare covid to anything....why because they know it does not stand up to comparison or scrutiny.. but theyve bought the top and scarf and being a coronaphobe is for life. swallowed the line far too easily and are now doubling down on it.. mostly while individually deciding what is sensible or irresponsible behaviour... mini bus to doncaster = irresponsible...plane to Greece = sensible.. etc...


For a bit of a laugh I’ve given it a go.

Drones flying above to enforce lockdown:
With a bit of googling and an assumption we’re not also including missiles to blow up any lockdown breakers, the the price of a military style surveillance drone is about £10million.
Now considering these drones aren’t being used for a hunt and kill mission on a single target but to survey the entire population then we’ll need full 24/7 coverage. The most common military drone has a maximum flight time of 14 hours so 2 drones on 12 hour flights with 2 hours of fuel to spare.
Now these drones will be on a constant patrol over residential areas so let’s say a single drone patrols an area with 15,000 people then Cardiff alone would need 44 drones for a single day’s surveillance.
That makes the initial cost of acquiring the drones £440million.
With a rough cost of £3000 per hour of flying, these 44 drones in a single day of subduing the population is ~£1.5m. For a 6 month lockdown we’re looking at just shy of £300m.

So a 6month lockdown being enforced with drones would cost around £750m. That’s for enforcing a lockdown in Cardiff alone and without accounting for the costs of building an airfield to house 44 drones.

Also, for something a bit easier to call out as being nonsense:
Multiple mentions of masks being needed
Goggles also being needed
Then halfway through the.... poem? Of our hypothetical future, Facial recognition is being used.
So which is it? Fully covered faces or facial recognition?

Also also, no one wants to mention Nukes is using a quote from one of the most horrific torturers in the Holocaust to try back up his argument.



hmmm.. drones ? the list in the opening post goes too far.. and i did say not the conspiracy theory { hypothetical future }
but try where we are and whats actually happened... facts not drones..


I misread your reply but my point was the post as a whole was nonsense, we’re apparently living in a timeline which will turn into a dystopian young adults novel. Talking about drones filling the sky and masks that test every single breath or ankle bracelets and talking being banned doesn't help get across the message of his post. It comes out looking like the drunken ramblings of a paranoid mind.



tbh i hope he is wrong on all his predictions.. but... 20 million and growing covid tests could mean 20 mill DNA samples ?
and judging by the blind faith many are putting in a corners cut vaccine is then a vaccine passport that outlandish ? unthinkable 6 months ago...but if youve had the vaccine { which is unlikely to be 100% protection } it really would then make sense for you to want or even expect everyone in the room or on a plane to have done likewise..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Every day there's another post about the same thing from the same person with the same people then replying and arguing the same points.

This board is just going to end up with the same 10 people arguing among themselves and everyone else leaving.
Welshman in CA
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Thanks for the ever so caring replies. I saw this I copied and pasted and put it up for you lot to debate. Didn’t say I agreed with it all but lots of it is worthy of thought.
Have a nice day guys :occasion5:
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 22848
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Thanks for the ever so caring replies. I saw this I copied and pasted and put it up for you lot to debate. Didn’t say I agreed with it all but lots of it is worthy of thought.
Have a nice day guys :occasion5:


Therein lies the problem with seeing something and then posting it verbatim without attributing it to someone else, you are presumed to either have said it yourself or agree with everything. Stay off facebook or wherever it is you're getting this stuff.
Welshman in CA
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:44 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Every day there's another post about the same thing from the same person with the same people then replying and arguing the same points.

This board is just going to end up with the same 10 people arguing among themselves and everyone else leaving.



No offence,but why not skip posting on any thread you feel isnt to your liking?
And on drones,every single police force already own them,they don't have to be"military grade" to film and record evidence,they wouldn't be there to kill anybody :roll: which makes your point of them being £10 m each way off the mark. :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby WestCoastBlue » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Every day there's another post about the same thing from the same person with the same people then replying and arguing the same points.

This board is just going to end up with the same 10 people arguing among themselves and everyone else leaving.



No offence,but why not skip posting on any thread you feel isnt to your liking?
And on drones,every single police force already own them,they don't have to be"military grade" to film and record evidence,they wouldn't be there to kill anybody :roll: which makes your point of them being £10 m each way off the mark. :old: :bluebird:


For a football game or a protest or mass gatherings of some kind the yes the police do have drones to record what’s happening.

“The drones will be monitoring you for your protection to make sure you are complying with quarantine.”

Clearly in our 1984/Fahrenheit 451 mashup of a future we’ve got coming up this is implying the entire population will be getting spied on. Your standard Police/YouTuber 4K camera drones ain’t going to quite cut it. Also as I said, 10mil was without armaments
WestCoastBlue
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby Welshman in CA » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:27 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Every day there's another post about the same thing from the same person with the same people then replying and arguing the same points.

This board is just going to end up with the same 10 people arguing among themselves and everyone else leaving.



No offence,but why not skip posting on any thread you feel isnt to your liking?
And on drones,every single police force already own them,they don't have to be"military grade" to film and record evidence,they wouldn't be there to kill anybody :roll: which makes your point of them being £10 m each way off the mark. :old: :bluebird:


The point was we don't need a different one everyday, it just gets confusing for some, but don't let that stop you.
Welshman in CA
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby skidemin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 am

Welshman in CA wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Thanks for the ever so caring replies. I saw this I copied and pasted and put it up for you lot to debate. Didn’t say I agreed with it all but lots of it is worthy of thought.
Have a nice day guys :occasion5:


Therein lies the problem with seeing something and then posting it verbatim without attributing it to someone else, you are presumed to either have said it yourself or agree with everything. Stay off facebook or wherever it is you're getting this stuff.



i know it doesnt say it...
but isnt the opening post about where does it end ? how far down the list do we go before the majority say thats too far... im encountering people losing their businesses, people losing their jobs , people STILL waiting for specialist appointments, but no one saying joe died last night.. and yesterday was the first time ive spoke to someone who was likely to lose an employee for a lengtyh of time over covid... the employee was taking his son for a test and if positive both would then have to isolate for 14 days... it aint dawn of the dead here..
skidemin
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 am

Welshman in CA wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Every day there's another post about the same thing from the same person with the same people then replying and arguing the same points.

This board is just going to end up with the same 10 people arguing among themselves and everyone else leaving.



No offence,but why not skip posting on any thread you feel isnt to your liking?
And on drones,every single police force already own them,they don't have to be"military grade" to film and record evidence,they wouldn't be there to kill anybody :roll: which makes your point of them being £10 m each way off the mark. :old: :bluebird:


The point was we don't need a different one everyday, it just gets confusing for some, but don't let that stop you.




But it does no harm,it's his choice on what he thinks is worthy of a thread,I've seen multiple threads on here many,many times,all about the same thjng :thumbright: and don't let that stop me what exactly? I didn't start the topic,just added to it.as you have :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Back to Normal !!

Postby davejohns74 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 am

u need to be sexshunned mate
davejohns74
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:18 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueView, Google [Bot], skidemin and 108 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.