Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Some may agree and some won’t but that’s ok !!

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:24 pm

maccydee wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Here we go again, why on earth would they lie, you are saying they are doing this, of course they want to ruin the country put us in recession, that must be their aim why they are lying. It will only cost them billions. Yes lets use common sense :laughing5:
Another 212 deaths yesterday(rising again) hospital admissions doubling every day, infections increasing exponantialy but don' t worry its all a lie.[/quote

why put figures up that are not even the government exaggerated ones... theyve already thrown in a few RTA deaths who tested positive 27 days ago as it is ..
or are you using the R formula.. take a number and multiply it by whatever figure jumps into your head ?

Using the spread bollocks formula. Wonder how many people he told there were 212 deaths before being called on it on here?

It was pointed out to me that I had it wrong and I admitted that I did, I suppose you never get anything wrong in your life, at least I made a genuine mistake, not like all the conspiracy theorists on here just spreading fake news. Also it seems to me that a lot of what is posted about the Covid19 is political. Not all of us are stupid enough to believe everything that is posted on here and in the media!

Ps, I never TOLD anyone only posters that read my post!

It wasn’t meant as a personal dig but it does look that way so I apologise. I meant the spread bollocks formula that exists on the internet in general and get passed as fact. I’m always hearing it.

Sorry bud.

No problem, It may sound like it but I really did not take it as a personal dig :thumbup:

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:There was a comment on here stating no country would deliberately destroy there own economy ? Well we have and other countries have as well. Sweden didn’t and they are doing just fine.
And I got told by someone in the Pharma business it takes that long to safely produce a vaccine and try. Plenty of times after six they have found it doesn’t work so it was scrapped. So no they can’t physically produce no vaccine especially for a virus that changes all the time. The flu I believe is only around 30% effective and so his and miss.
How the living Fook can they have a vaccine for next years virus that basically hasn’t mutated yet. It guess work

See what I wrote to IGovernor Nukes.

The flu vaccine is far more effective than 30%.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 pm

So,if guidelines were followed as per normal for a new drug,we could be under strict restrictions for years then? Or people have a choice to make,which is simple,take it or don't take it,I won't be personally,but that's up to me isn't it? The same for those who will take it,tested or not.
I wish people would stop being a little childish,and use the "scared of a needle" b@locks, as it's obvious that it's what's in the needle,and what The consequences could be,further down the line if people start having serious side effects,or it simply isn't effective enough. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:49 am

Can someone tell me where this notion that Sweden have got their response so right has come from?

Theyve had 90000 cases and nearly 6000 deaths which is more than Norway, Finland and Denmark combined.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 am

Nuclearblue wrote:There was a comment on here stating no country would deliberately destroy there own economy ? Well we have and other countries have as well. Sweden didn’t and they are doing just fine.
And I got told by someone in the Pharma business it takes that long to safely produce a vaccine and try. Plenty of times after six they have found it doesn’t work so it was scrapped. So no they can’t physically produce no vaccine especially for a virus that changes all the time. The flu I believe is only around 30% effective and so his and miss.
How the living Fook can they have a vaccine for next years virus that basically hasn’t mutated yet. It guess work

Sweden is twice the size of the UK with a population of 10Million so it is difficult to compare, but it's neighbouring Scandinavian countries have roughly one-tenth of the deaths Sweden has.

Although I'm not totally against what they did, because they did take measures just not a full lockdown, it could be interesting to see how they cope over the next six months?

I think the flu jab is usually 70% successful and tries to match the three most virulent strains?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 am

It may mutate to its harmless form, which is preferred. The Oxford/Astrazeneca trial is on hold in the US, and the Russian Sputnik trials have revealed some astonishing results, yet to be fully explained or understood, and I hear they've been jabbing people already. Reading that a vaccine may be ready by early 2021.. but who knows.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:25 am

skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Oh God you think the virus is fine, and your shit scared of a little needle, some people believe everything the read on the interweb :laughing6:

WIth all due respect, I don't think the majority of people are scared of a little needle, it's what that little needle will put into our bodies and the potential unknown effect of that.

Quick recent example, the World Health Organisation only a few weeks ago made a statement on an outbreak in Sudan of vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2

https://www.who.int/csr/don/01-septembe ... -sudan/en/

You are aware that your article says that 2 people were paralysed and there was a suspected further 11 cases leading to a grand total of 13.
Go back 20 years and you're looking at 75,000 paralysed children in Africa a year from polio.

i think his general point was more to do with rushing tests and the blind belief/clamour there seems to be to stick something in your body that normally you wouldnt consider... was a long time ago but my Auntie took thalidomide.. the result was my cousin was born with no arms.. just hands attached to his shoulders.. its because of things like this that clinical trials now take so long...

Things have moved on a lot since then, and it's not how long the tests take it's how extensive they are, how many people are tested and at various ages and health, they are testing most of the vaccines in Brazil and India where the virus is prevalent, they are also injecting people in the UK with the virus after taking the vaccine.

It won't be registered safe, until it's been proven to be safe, will be fine, it's a calcualted but risk they are not going to vaccinate the World with something dangerous in my opinion.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:54 am

Bluebina wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Oh God you think the virus is fine, and your shit scared of a little needle, some people believe everything the read on the interweb :laughing6:

WIth all due respect, I don't think the majority of people are scared of a little needle, it's what that little needle will put into our bodies and the potential unknown effect of that.

Quick recent example, the World Health Organisation only a few weeks ago made a statement on an outbreak in Sudan of vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2

You are aware that your article says that 2 people were paralysed and there was a suspected further 11 cases leading to a grand total of 13.
Go back 20 years and you're looking at 75,000 paralysed children in Africa a year from polio.

i think his general point was more to do with rushing tests and the blind belief/clamour there seems to be to stick something in your body that normally you wouldnt consider... was a long time ago but my Auntie took thalidomide.. the result was my cousin was born with no arms.. just hands attached to his shoulders.. its because of things like this that clinical trials now take so long...

Things have moved on a lot since then, and it's not how long the tests take it's how extensive they are, how many people are tested and at various ages and health, they are testing most of the vaccines in Brazil and India where the virus is prevalent, they are also injecting people in the UK with the virus after taking the vaccine.

It won't be registered safe, until it's been proven to be safe, will be fine, it's a calcualted but risk they are not going to vaccinate the World with something dangerous in my opinion.

things SHOULD have moved along since then.. unfortunately it doesnt look that way.. its going to be rushed because it looks the only way out... public opinion which drives policy is still very much scared /cautious . where they were firmly put... polls indicate this and not just here...personally id have given all of you a coloured water injection months ago and hope reason returned.... people come on here and complain about what they saw in the supermarket... or down barry island etc..early hours pictures in city centres. i overhear how terrible it all is down the PUB... if your genuinely scared why go out ? its as if people are enjoying it...
if hypocrisy stopped and public opinion changed so would the governments take on this...

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:40 pm

I want compulsory vaccine. Covid passports. No passport no work no benefits no footy.
Some may agree and some won’t but that’s ok!!

Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:41 am

stickywicket wrote:I want compulsory vaccine. Covid passports. No passport no work no benefits no footy.
Some may agree and some won’t but that’s ok!!

Are you insane ? I want freedom of choice we don't live in china yet even though we are hurtling towards that brave new world.
This is the most serious threat since 2nd world war and the virus is not the most scary thing.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:24 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

This doesn't mean all vaccine's are bad, god bless Mssr. Pasteur and his Cow Pox vaccine which has saved the lives of many, many millions for example (side note - that is where we actually get the word vaccine from - vacca is latin for cows). It is just that rushed testing of vaccines can lead to unknown, and often very, very bad side effects.

Equally, most people are not against a vaccine per see, it the idea of a vaccine being mandatory that sets off alarm bells.

To be clear as well, 'mandatory' vaccination might not neccessarily come in the way we assume.

It won't necessarily mean the government pinning us down and jabbing us in the arm, it is more likely that certain rights and freedoms are restricted for those who don't take it, so while being under the guise of voluntary it essentially becomes mandatory anyway.

We are already seeing the introduction of digital health passports to show if you have antibodies for the disease

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 20037.html

We are also already seeing talk of a need for Covid-19 'booster shots being an ongoing requirement

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ?r=US&IR=T

So is it really that big a leap to see a world of ongoing 'mandatory vaccination' and the erosion of civil rights of those who don't wish to comply and have the green light on their shiny new app? Possibly, possibly not - however, for me, it seems very ominous.

If you (not necessarily aimed solely at Bluebina, I mean anyone) are comfortable taking the vaccine and running the risks of possible unknown complications further down the line then that is your decision and should be your decision alone. However, if a percentage of the population having taken the vaccine are no longer vulnerable to the virus, what danger can an unvaccinated person who carries the virus, whether it be asymptomatiocally or not, be to that vaccinated population?

If someone sees a greater risk in taking a vaccine that has been produced faster than anything ever before, versus a virus that has an exceptionally low mortality rate amongst those under 75, shouldn't that simply be their choice as they can do no harm to those who have the vaccination so the only person they are potentially putting in danger is themselves?

'My body my choice' was the slogan of the day just 18 months ago in Ireland when they held their abortion referendum, now they seem to be leading the charge for mandatory vaccinations, with others closely behind. It's interesting how these slogans can suddenly be dropped when they become counter-productive for the prevailing narrative. Just one more great example of the pervasiveness of double think all around us I guess.

Whether you want to call it all a conspiracy theory or fake news or anything else, dive beyond the headlines and the information is clearly there. Some of us have taken the time to do so and make informed judgements. Others just repeat the empty rhetoric they are spoon fed (again not referring to you personally Bluebina, just in people general)

While some people may blindly believe what they read on the internet, the flip side is that many, many others simply don't take the time to properly read and understand what is openly available to them.

I'm all for people who want to take a vaccine as soon it is available being able to do so, all power to you, get the jab and get on with your lives, and deal with the consequences (if there are any) come what May.

But I'll just wait here quietly at the back of the queue for as long as I can.

:ayatollah:

Have you had it yet?