Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales and Euro 2012

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Just wondering anyone share my optimism for the upcoming qualifiers and how much of a chance have we really got. Personally i think its time now the youngsters of the side have been playing together a while now and need to step up and play.

Re: Wales and Euro 2012

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:42 pm

i think we have a chance :) really do .. and i think well beat england :D

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 pm

relly not fussed on toshack, but with the youngsters we have including bale, ramesy(when hes back), ledley, collison, ashley williams (to name but a few) & the experienced guys we have including bellamy, earnshaw, collins, rickets, ....

& if the rumours are true that giggs will be coming out of retirement, what a bonus that will be!!

nows the time to step up!!

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 pm

I think we have a decent side out tonight and, with Rambo and Collison back, if we can make sure the rest of our first choicers turn up for games and are fit, I don't see why we shouldn't have our best campaign since 2002

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:36 pm

I think we got a great chance, I just wish people (saddles) would just concentrate on Wales not how much they hate England.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I think we got a great chance, I just wish people (saddles) would just concentrate on Wales not how much they hate England.

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 pm

1966 blah blah blah :lol:

Cymru Am Byth :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:48 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Just wondering anyone share my optimism for the upcoming qualifiers and how much of a chance have we really got. Personally i think its time now the youngsters of the side have been playing together a while now and need to step up and play.

i think we got no chance as usual

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:50 pm

murphy wrote:
ccfcgrangeend wrote:Just wondering anyone share my optimism for the upcoming qualifiers and how much of a chance have we really got. Personally i think its time now the youngsters of the side have been playing together a while now and need to step up and play.

i think we got no chance as usual

the 2 England games will be make or break for us plus it will be a good challenege to see how good a team Wales are currently or indeed how average England are ?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Toshack is a clueless clown who has and will continue to underacheive with this squad. It would be no surprise whatsoever if Wales came bottom of the group and frankly I couldn't care. Why should any of us when half the players eligible for Wales can't be arsed to turn up anyway? Still, at least it enabled the likes of a patriot such as Gary Speed the opportunity to extend his career to featuring intermittently at Championship level... Besides, International football has long been an inconvenience as opposed to the pinnacle of a players career as exemplified countless times by many players of many different countries. Or indeed Mark Hughes seeing the job as a stepping stone to the mighty Blacburn Rovers and Premiership mediocrity. It's boring, negative and largely unimportant. Even when major tournaments come round, all it does is ram home just how boring and negative it is while being vastly inferior to club football in every possible aspect. And that's the top teams, never mind abysmal teams such as Wales. The first half of Wales v Luxembourg (something I watched out of pure humour) was not so much the worst passage of international football I have seen, but without exaggeration comparable to the worst I have seen at any level and trust me, I've seen some shite.

Wales clearly have players who should enable us to be competitive and able to finish third and maybe challenge for second spot, Toshack has and will ensure such respectability and dignity is but a distant dream for Welsh football, but then, how many players or fans actually care anyway?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Salad, you're first line is spot on! :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:44 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Salad, you're first line is spot on! :ayatollah:

But the rest is a load of Tosh one might say...