Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: " NATHANIEL MENDEZ-LAING LEAVES CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We are the losers our club lost great talent and will cost us a lot to
Replace

yes its a huge blow especially with the season so close..

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Fb:

Ronnie Barker:

Has been charged for a drink driving offence and more serious matters have been added
Knocked down 2 people causing serious injury whilst over the limit and under the influence of other substances
You can look up the courts

Not wishing to piss on your chips here but Ronnie Barker :lol: I suppose he could get some porridge if the charges are serious enough. :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Ronnie Barker:

Has been charged for a drink driving offence and more serious matters have been added
Knocked down 2 people causing serious injury whilst over the limit and under the influence of other substances

Not wishing to piss on your chips here but Ronnie Barker :lol: I suppose he could get some porridge if the charges are serious enough. :lol: :lol:

Nor me yrs he has always answers respectfully for years on the http://www.CardiffCity fb site
And been usually spot on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We are the losers our club lost great talent and will cost us a lot to
Replace

Annis, think I'd rather the club lose out than be dragged through any more gutters by the press, can you imagine the field day they would have if we kept NML and then this hit the front page!!

Innocent until proven guilty but this looks off the scale with that club statement.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Ronnie Barker:

Nor me yrs he has always answers respectfully for years on the http://www.CardiffCity fb site
And been usually spot on

Just a joke.What a mad day with that sad news about Tony Villars and all.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:24 pm

JulesK wrote:
Replace

Annis, think I'd rather the club lose out than be dragged through any more gutters by the press, can you imagine the field day they would have if we kept NML and then this hit the front page!!

Innocent until proven guilty but this looks off the scale with that club statement.

I agree Jules.

Just saying we have lost out big time.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Annis as has been mentioned I hope they keep his registration as if any other club wanted him they would have to pay us a fee :thumbup:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Annis as has been mentioned I hope they keep his registration as if any other club wanted him they would have to pay us a fee :thumbup:

Roger,

That would be good, but can they?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

I've heared of players having registration held by club but think since bosman ruling clubs cannot do it now as if remember that's what caused the ruling in 1st place club wouldn't release him

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:48 pm

If there's a court case, then the facts will come out then.

I just think there must be a lot of evidence against him, whatever it is he's done.

The Club wouldn't throw away one of our best players and a potential seven-figure transfer fee for an unfounded allegation.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

I've heared of players having registration held by club but think since bosman ruling clubs cannot do it now as if remember that's what caused the ruling in 1st place club wouldn't release him

i doubt very much that our club can both stop paying him and at the same time stop him seeking work elsewhere...

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

Annis I just found out that if a player is sacked then his registration is cancelled making him a free agent, I cannot veryfy if this correct though :thumbup:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:07 pm

history repeating itself maybe..?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217148

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

Annis I just found out that if a player is sacked then his registration is cancelled making him a free agent, I cannot veryfy if this correct though :thumbup:

your either under contract or not... and we have cancelled it..

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

Didn’t Chelsea sack Adrian Mutu and then got some money as damages after he signed for another club after his ban ended?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Thought he was a 10 minute a game player. Looked OK as a sub but didn't do enough when he started games. Didn't seem fit, always blowing out of his arse.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Really good player and everything hearsay at mo but clubs don’t cancel a contract without being 100% certain of their facts.....plus iindicates legal stuff if that are not commenting further

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

Didn’t Chelsea sack Adrian Mutu and then got some money as damages after he signed for another club after his ban ended?

i think they sued the player after he had signed elsewhere mate..which is a bit different... and im not sure if all the appeals are at an end..
Last edited by skidemin on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Wardy64 wrote:Thought he was a 10 minute a game player. Looked OK as a sub but didn't do enough when he started games. Didn't seem fit, always blowing out of his arse.

I agree with this. But he seemed to score important goals which always kept him in our thoughts as a class player.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:30 pm

maccydee wrote:
Wardy64 wrote:Thought he was a 10 minute a game player. Looked OK as a sub but didn't do enough when he started games. Didn't seem fit, always blowing out of his arse.

I agree with this. But he seemed to score important goals which always kept him in our thoughts as a class player.

unfortunately no one can reproduce those high end sprints time and time again... but i thought all round he was decent and hardly anyone could deal with those bursts when he was at full speed..

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:31 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

i doubt very much that our club can both stop paying him and at the same time stop him seeking work elsewhere...

Thats what bosman was about they wouldn't let him play for another club even though out contract because club wanted a fee to let him go that was legal in those days ... so as city have terminated his contract hes free to go where he likes club cannot hold his registration for any reason.. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 pm

BluebirdBeer wrote:
maccydee wrote:
glas wrote:He will easily find another club. No morals or scruples in sport.
Another club will soon sign him up and say they can sort him out.
He will go for a good signing on fee and come out of it really well.

Probably end up at Middlesbro. as Neil Warnock and him know each other well.

No way will Warnock sign him if the rumours are true.

Well, he signed Tomlin and Bogle. He always says he likes taming the bad boys and resurrecting careers. So it may, or may not happen in the future.
The future being when Mendez Laing can play football again and if Warnock is still managing.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:39 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

They did sack him for the use of cocaine I think. Chelsea then went for compensation against him and won some court decision where Mutu had to pay Chelsea something like £15m. I dont think Mutu ever paid it although all his appeals were rejected. He appealed to everyman and his dog if I recall right

He then joined another club as he had never been officially banned. I think Chelsea then went after that club for payment but after some success getting court judgement for payment it was then turned down by some other higher establishment.

I believe Mutu is now the Romania U21 coach and still owes Chelsea.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

Thats what bosman was about they wouldn't let him play for another club even though out contract because club wanted a fee to let him go that was legal in those days ... so as city have terminated his contract hes free to go where he likes club cannot hold his registration for any reason.. :thumbup:

yes ..its possible we could sue him or infact he could sue us.. but if the contract is cancelled he can sign elsewhere.. be interesting to see if anyone is interested...

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Has Sky or any of the national press picked up on it yet ?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:This on twitter

Are you a big reader of the South Wales Post?

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:Has Sky or any of the national press picked up on it yet ?

Yes - Sky, BBC, ITV and most of the print media have run the story this afternoon.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Replace

I agree Jules.

Roger,

They did sack him for the use of cocaine I think. Chelsea then went for compensation against him and won some court decision where Mutu had to pay Chelsea something like £15m. I dont think Mutu ever paid it although all his appeals were rejected. He appealed to everyman and his dog if I recall right

He then joined another club as he had never been officially banned. I think Chelsea then went after that club for payment but after some success getting court judgement for payment it was then turned down by some other higher establishment.

I believe Mutu is now the Romania U21 coach and still owes Chelsea.

yes, in theory Chelsea were awarded millions...in practice i think they got nothing.. as i said above,im not even sure if its ended ... and must have cost a fortune in legal fees..

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Strange but it must be serious for Cardiff to cut loose an asset for free. All i can take a guess at is its something criminal that club want to distance themselves from.

Drink and Drugs the club would of tried to help him through or personal issues.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:00 pm

I have a mate who works in Cardiff prison and I have it from a good source that it is definitely drug related. Make of it what you like but I dont think he will be joining Warnock anytime soon.
Such sad news and a waste of a talent but the club has done the right thing imo :bluebird: