Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: " NATHANIEL MENDEZ-LAING LEAVES CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Cardiff City Football Club has, with immediate effect, terminated the contract of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

The Club will not be making any further comment on the matter.

The player's contract termination is not mutual and it is an action which has been taken by Cardiff City upon learning of an alleged breach of contract.

Updated:

I am hearing there will be a court case , so it will all come out then.

Mendez-Laing has deleted all his social media accounts ,I think something big is going to come out

This could be hearsay / but I can only say what is being said
Just be told he failed a drugs test and is involved in dealing what f*cking a waste of a career, such a talent .

He was involved in drink / drive and other substances serious accident that’s how all this happened.
I hope it’s not true, but it has to be bad to have contract terminated immediately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " NATHANIEL MENDEZ-LAING LEAVES CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Crazy, dont know whats going on behind the scenes so cant comment but thats mad news

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Apparently it's for a breach of his contract whatever that means ..

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm

something serious must of gone on

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Going by recent rumours it sounds like a personal issue,,, disappointing that it is, I hope everything is ok with NML and his family.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:07 pm

He didn’t leave on his own accord he was sacked by the sounds of it ?

What!!? Wow this was unexpected. I did think it was strange we hadn’t seen him pre season but thought I’d heard him and his mrs had just had a baby. This is a massive blow as he is a unique player for us. He had a great last bit of the season after lockdown and especially early on when we had Adomah when coming off the bench. Anyone got a clue what’s happened?

Didn't see that one coming. I'd suspected that Warnock may have sounded him out but I am genuinely surprised as he was part of the backbone of the team for a long time. Good luck to him, I guess we'll hear more of the exact circumstances in due course.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Shipped out rapid by the club!! Sounds like something pretty serious! :bluebird:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Must be fairly serious breach if no warnings were given beforehand.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Sound like he’s been sacked. Also my nephew just said he’s deleted all his social media which is often a sign that something bad is going to come out

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:13 pm

We can rule out personal issues, as he was fired rather than having his contract terminated mutually.
It'll be interesting to know what he's done. It must be serious.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Twitter thinks its a drug related issue.
Twitter has history of being correct, right enough lol..

Whatever the reason, on form and fully fit,its a loss on the pitch thats something surely we can all agree on.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Short and sweet from the club:

Cardiff City Football Club has, with immediate effect, terminated the contract of Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

The Club will not be making any further comment on the matter.

"Club Statement | Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

The Club will not be making any further comment on the matter".

He's definitely deleted his Instagram account too. Very odd.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:18 pm

This could be hearsay / but I can only say what is being said
Just be told he failed a drugs test and is involved in dealing what f*cking a waste of a career, such a talent .

I hope it’s not true, but it has to be bad to have contract terminated immediately.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:19 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Twitter thinks its a drug related issue.

Whatever the reason, on form and fully fit,its a loss on the pitch thats something surely we can all agree on.

Also read it was related to him paying people for fights in the City Centre. Not sure what to believe but interested in hearing the facts.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:20 pm

What a waste of a talent, obviously stepped over the line for whatever reason.
Must be extremely serious as im sure the club would have taken serious consideration to the impact on the consequences of this action for the club and player

Re: UPDATED: " NATHANIEL MENDEZ-LAING LEAVES CARDIFF CITY "

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:28 pm

He will easily find another club. No morals or scruples in sport.
Another club will soon sign him up and say they can sort him out.
He will go for a good signing on fee and come out of it really well.

Probably end up at Middlesbro. as Neil Warnock and him know each other well.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:32 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Twitter thinks its a drug related issue.

Also read it was related to him paying people for fights in the City Centre. Not sure what to believe but interested in hearing the facts.

You been reading his wiki page? :laughing6:

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:32 pm

It’s got to be serious to be sacked from a football contract, they are normally bulletproof.

Such a shame because on his day he’s unplayable and he’ll be missed this season no doubt.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This could be hearsay / but I can only say what is being said

If that's true Annis, then the club had no choice. He is also likely facing criminal charges if this is true.

Has to be something extremely serious for the club to sack him. This is a player who would bring in a good transfer fee, and someone who has been an important member of the squad.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This could be hearsay / but I can only say what is being said

If that's true Annis, then the club had no choice. He is also likely facing criminal charges if this is true.

Has to be something extremely serious for the club to sack him. This is a player who would bring in a good transfer fee, and someone who has been an important member of the squad.

Ned,

If it’s true? Then 100% the Club in the right.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned,

The fact as well that the club will not be making any further comment on the matter. Is it that they can't make any further comment because it's a legal matter? Who knows.

May explain why we unexpectedly signed a winger this week.

Also frees his wages to sign another replacement or two.

glas wrote:He will easily find another club. No morals or scruples in sport.
Another club will soon sign him up and say they can sort him out.
He will go for a good signing on fee and come out of it really well.

Probably end up at Middlesbro. as Neil Warnock and him know each other well.

No way will Warnock sign him if the rumours are true.

This is on Twitter

Could be all of it drugs and drink driving? ,what a waste, one of our best players better get another winger in now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Ned,

If he's facing serious charges and gets found guilty he will either do jail or will get a long ban from football depending what it is.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:45 pm

Obviously I know nothing but then I saw the new guy from Liverpool who plays on the wing and seems quite powerful in stature and Physically strong I did wonder. Then got to thinking that we hadn’t seen Mendez at all in pre season

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Didnt he have all the windows put through the other day in his car .hmmmm.

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This is on Twitter

Could be all of it drugs and drink driving? ,what a waste, one of our best players better get another winger in now.

Annis I think you should take down the drug dealing part.. no one knows anything atm I know you said it could be hear say but one post is drunk driving and another post you got drug dealing