Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is It Reay Worth Buying Anti Virus Software?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm

I haven't hd any for 83 days...no probs as yet,,,,,but the fecking pop ups annoy the shite out of me!

Any views anyone?

Re: Is It Reay Worth Buying Anti Virus Software?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Go for Avast or AVG free anti virus software. Both get pretty good reviews, and are free!

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:43 pm

go to microsofts website they got a good one i'm using. it alerts you as soon as something tries to attack your pc.
or avg free (from download.com)

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Go to download.com and download avg free edition it works fine :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 pm

There's a good reason why it's free. For the sake of a small payment per year it's worth paying for. Using the free one's really is a mugs game.

Saying that though, if any has been using the free one's or not using any at all and would like me to sort their problems out for them, please give me a shout. I'm very reasonable. :lol:

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Berwyn wrote:There's a good reason why it's free. For the sake of a small payment per year it's worth paying for. Using the free one's really is a mugs game.

Saying that though, if any has been using the free one's or not using any at all and would like me to sort their problems out for them, please give me a shout. I'm very reasonable. :lol:

Surely 104,027,815 can't be wrong :lol:

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Ant ... ?tag=mncol

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:I haven't hd any for 83 days...no probs as yet,,,,,but the fecking pop ups annoy the shite out of me!

Any views anyone?

If you bank with Barclays and use Online Banking you can download Kaspersky Anti Virus off their site for free. They then e.mail an activation code to you. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Cheers lads...sound! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:08 pm

To have NO security is potentially very dangerous. If you don't have too much to protect, then AVG Free is pretty good and affords safe but minimal level of protection.

Microsoft do a free download that has won prizes. Try this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essen ... 38b&CR_ID=

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:02 am

Use AVG at home Avast at work both are excellent for what I need.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 am

I'd advise anyone now..FREE download AVAST.. its more up to date and does more
than AVG (which was pretty damn good)

As for buying one? Norton is the biggest seller and its shite. Its notorious for
letting things slip past and slows everything else down