Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Salary cap

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Championship clubs to discuss wage cap next week with amount of 18m covering 25 man squad! Could be implemented next season if agreement is reached... newly relegated Norwich or the other 2 teams relegated not involved. But may get dispensation for relegated clubs due to premier league wages

Re: Salary cap

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm

I’m in favour of salary caps but would like to see an option where Chairmen can set there own with personnel guarantees to cover costs

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Going on last years championship wages only 5 clubs would be under the limit.

We would be looking at making a £30million pound wage cut after coming down from the premier league

It would give each team a average wage of 13k a week each player

Going on last seasons reported wages only Brian Murphy, Loic Damour, Jazz Richards and Rhys Healey would be under that average.

I cant see many teams going for that much of a drop , the foreign players would leave , clubs wouldn't be able to afford premier league loan players and the quality of the league would suffer overall.

Having said that I totally agree with it as long as clubs pass on the savings/discounts to fans as it will save a lot of clubs financially

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:55 pm

thomasblue wrote:Going on last years championship wages only 5 clubs would be under the limit.

We would be looking at making a £30million pound wage cut after coming down from the premier league

Going on last seasons reported wages only Brian Murphy, Loic Damour, Jazz Richards and Rhys Healey would be under that average.

I cant see many teams going for that much of a drop , the foreign players would leave , clubs wouldn't be able to afford premier league loan players and the quality of the league would suffer overall.

Having said that I totally agree with it as long as clubs pass on the savings/discounts to fans as it will save a lot of clubs financially

It appears on paper a very small amount going on present wages... at a guess it will be about 720k a year each player in squad

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Impossible to get it sorted for next season.

Plenty of clubs have players on big money who won't leave for less money and won't sign a new contract on less money.

Has to be done for in a couple of years. Not possible to do it within a short space of time.

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Impossible to get it sorted for next season.

Plenty of clubs have players on big money who won't leave for less money and won't sign a new contract on less money.

Has to be done for in a couple of years. Not possible to do it within a short space of time.

Presume there will be a transitional period to give clubs chance to sort out contracts.. must be a way as done in rugby and they'd have same problem as footy

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:Going on last years championship wages only 5 clubs would be under the limit.

reported where ?

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:37 pm

skidemin wrote:

reported where ?

If you go on Google you can type in Cardiff city player wages and you will see multiple websites which give wages of players. Some will be wrong , some right but most of them have similar amounts for each player. Going by those reports then very few of our players are under 13k a week

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:11 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

reported where ?

If you go on Google you can type in Cardiff city player wages and you will see multiple websites which give wages of players. Some will be wrong , some right but most of them have similar amounts for each player. Going by those reports then very few of our players are under 13k a week

ah right.. i dont read any of those..