Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away Game Trouble

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:21 pm

What's happening with going away all of a sudden? We've just seen the latest chapter with Pompey fans picking out everyday City fans to give a kicking to.
The fans they are picking on are just there to watch the football and nothing else. Long gone are the days where City fans only travelled to meet up with like minded people for a punch up. Those have slowly been stopped from travelling over the years by work done by the RAMS and the supporters club.
There now seems to be a trend of these away fans looking to welcome Cardiff and take them on. If this trend continues will we see a return to the old days with Cardiff fans, who stopped going, now start going again simply to go looking for it? All that hard work being undone. You've got to remember that most of these old fans only stopped going because they told by the likes of the RAMS to behave themselves.
If it does go back to those days maybe the club will finally apreciate how much effort the RAMS put in because the club will have the task of doing what the RAMS did and the club will have the added difficulty of not knowing who the hell is who.
Lets hope it doesn't go back to the trouble because the PL will try to find any excuse to stop us from going up. Remember when it comes to Cardiff we are always in the wrong regardless.

Re: Away Game Trouble

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 pm

it happened at QPR , Newcastle and Chelsea last season too .................... unfortunately we all know what happened to the Chelsea fans !

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:it happened at QPR , Newcastle and Chelsea last season too .................... unfortunately we all know what happened to the Chelsea fans !

Yes it's definately starting to creep back in but so far I don't think it has included the Cardiff fans who go looking for it. So far it's only been those defending themselves.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:54 pm

i Think whats contributing to it all is there is a video on youtube showing chelsea fighting cardiff in the fa cup last year. Its now attracted nearly 190,000 views and theres fans all over the country suddenly wanting to have a pop at us as they see us back in the limelight and a hooligan club, the truth is we have moved forwards so much off the pitch but now every club wants a pop to say they done cardiff

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 pm

the problem is now that these so called " fans " of other clubs know that the majority of Cardiff's known hooligans are on banning orders and dont go to the games , so they see this as an excuse just to have a go at discriminate Cardiff fans BIT Chelsea came a little un-stuck on the day they decided .

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:the problem is now that these so called " fans " of other clubs know that the majority of Cardiff's known hooligans are on banning orders and dont go to the games , so they see this as an excuse just to have a go at discriminate Cardiff fans BIT Chelsea came a little un-stuck on the day they decided .

to be honest martyn i think this group we ran into saturday have probably been doing this thing for a while picking of stragglers as they make their way back to their cars.
lets hope saturday taught them the error of their ways

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Do you think, all of a sudden, Cardiff fans are being singled out by away 'firms'? I don't, we've always had a reputation, always will, as well. From what I can gather, it's happening to other club's fans with a dodgy reputation, like Millwall. Due to past 'excesses', we're paying for it now

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:23 pm

from what I saw out of the bus window on Saturday then what was the difference between that and the Southampton away video on U Tube for which several Cardiff lads went down for ?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:from what I saw out of the bus window on Saturday then what was the difference between that and the Southampton away video on U Tube for which several Cardiff lads went down for ?

Organisation. As soon as the courts get a whiff of a conspiracy, they'll come down like a ton of bricks. If you say that it was just a spur of the moment thing and you got caught up in the moment, you'll get dealt with more leniently

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 pm

What about the Bristol v Millwall game - seems like there are a few clubs that "trouble" is happening to...

Will bubble trips be the only way for any of these clubs in the future ?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:14 pm

millwall coming here without any resrictions

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:09 pm

It seems to happen when it's a club we haven't played against for a while ie. Newcastle, Chelsea, Portsmouth. Their clowns think they'll make a name for themselves by trying to pick off a couple of Cardiff.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:14 pm

I feel trouble is slowly rearing its head again, partly I believe due to recession. Think back to the 80's! Inner city riots, Poll tax fun, Football etc. All link with social problems!
With the major trouble kind of wrapped up, its left to sniping, and we are a club with a reputation. We need to stick together!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:27 pm

too think millwall are coming with no restrictions and £10 pound special police for those in the ninian stand this is what will be going on !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY16e9itSLk

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:too think millwall are coming with no restrictions and £10 pound special buses for those in the ninian stand this is what will be going on !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY16e9itSLk