Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: offensive banner ?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I’ll probably get completely slaughtered for saying this but the many anti BLM posts on this board has made me feel quite u comfortable. Fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there comes a time when you notice that people are just making statements on the defensive to distract from the fact of their true feelings underneath. I now know where I stand in comparison with the majority on this board and would not be happy to stand in the same stand as you lot at a football match. Not that football has anything to do with it but yes it does. How many anti white comments have I heard at city since I’ve been supporting them? Erm none. How many anti black comments have I heard since I’ve been going to matches? - quite a few. Says it all.

Well in My 48 years of following Cardiff City our fans I can proudly say have never been racist and have always adored black players a fact.
In the 80’s The Docks lads were massive at home and away games with me and we had a very very multi cultural following amongst us a fact .

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:

Annis, I’ve not said that Cardiff are a racist club. I’m stating that some of the fans are or have been as I’ve witnessed it first hand. I won’t repeat what I heard because it’s awful but I’ve heard it. With abit of hope those fans have been banned by now anyway. This is not just at Cardiff this is everywhere. Like I mentioned though before, thankfully I haven’t heard this for a few years. Perhaps I’m more alert to it when it happens - I do pick up on things. Perhaps others don’t. But please know that I’m not saying Cardiff are a racist club! :thumbright:

:thumbright: :thumbright:

I’m glad that’s cleared up as your the first person I’ve ever heard say those things about our fans .

Very very proud of CARDIFF as a whole a multicultural City :thumbright: :thumbright:

My Father was a Docks boy, Egyptian, very dark and very proud of his heritage and I am as well

Annis your father looks a mirror image of you! ;)

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I’ll probably get completely slaughtered for saying this but the many anti BLM posts on this board has made me feel quite u comfortable. Fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there comes a time when you notice that people are just making statements on the defensive to distract from the fact of their true feelings underneath. I now know where I stand in comparison with the majority on this board and would not be happy to stand in the same stand as you lot at a football match. Not that football has anything to do with it but yes it does. How many anti white comments have I heard at city since I’ve been supporting them? Erm none. How many anti black comments have I heard since I’ve been going to matches? - quite a few. Says it all.

30 years going to the game ive heard one racial slur from a single individual in the old bob bank and he was called out on it by several people.

i really dont think racism is a problem in this country in that regard, but i dont think thats the point of the BLM.

As usual with this sort of thing, the movement/protest started with the best intentions, after an incredible injustice not just in the last few weeks but over several decades in the US, but its being hi-jacked by people to cause further divide in our communities, to the point where people who'd normally consider themselves down the middle are now polarised.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 am

When the BLM stuff is being talked about a number of people on here get their knickers in a twist and start massively exaggerating. As this is the opposite I suppose the same things apply, such as:
'Now ONLY white lives matter??? That's racist'
A lot has been said of some of the BLM leaders (Saying they're Marxists so doing this means communism will start in the UK and they'd ban prisons etc). Let's have a look at the man who organised this shall we.
Jake Hepple (who obviously has been pictured with tommeh robinson) who has tweeted and posted such niceties as 'Shame you weren't on the front row of Hillsborough'
'Why would anyone in their right mind pay £90 for the new England shirt when it probably cost a company full of tree swinging spear throwers 90p to make?'
(Said when finding out a girl is 14) 'Haha if there grass on the pitch play ball x'.
I suppose anyone supporting this obviously supports paedophilia as well.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I dont think its offensive , it's a bit antagonistic with the timing and I don't agree with it but it has a sincere message as people are feeling persecuted for being white at the moment.

All they are saying is white lives matter

They are not saying only white lives matter

Just asking people to realise that white lives are in danger aswell

Sounds a familiar message

This is what happens when you push a agenda down peoples throats and try to force them to act against there own feelings, they have set this country back decades with the actions of these BLM protests

I think we have a massive problem in this country now which was not there before sadly.

Thomas,

Your opinion is virtually exactly the same as mine.

For me all our lives matter and let’s stop all this BLM and just all be equal and we can respect each other, I feel BLM are starting to divide the UK badly.

My feelings are the same as yours,ALL lives matter, if we want to go on futher then what about animal lives matter why are people not out on the streets to protest about the hunted elephants for the ivory trade plus the rhinos and all the other animals that are nearly extinct, and the amount of sea life that is in decline, come on people all and every life really do matter no matter who you are

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well in My 48 years of following Cardiff City our fans I can proudly say have never been racist and have always adored black players a fact.
In the 80’s The Docks lads were massive at home and away games with me and we had a very very multi cultural following amongst us a fact .

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:

Annis, I’ve not said that Cardiff are a racist club. I’m stating that some of the fans are or have been as I’ve witnessed it first hand. I won’t repeat what I heard because it’s awful but I’ve heard it. With abit of hope those fans have been banned by now anyway. This is not just at Cardiff this is everywhere. Like I mentioned though before, thankfully I haven’t heard this for a few years. Perhaps I’m more alert to it when it happens - I do pick up on things. Perhaps others don’t. But please know that I’m not saying Cardiff are a racist club! :thumbright:

I’m glad that’s cleared up as your the first person I’ve ever heard say those things about our fans .

Very very proud of CARDIFF as a whole a multicultural City :thumbright: :thumbright:

My Father was a Docks boy, Egyptian, very dark and very proud of his heritage and I am as well

Annis your father looks a mirror image of you! ;)

Thank you :thumbright: :thumbright: and I am so
Proud of what he achieved coming from a very poor family and always said what he believed in :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:When the BLM stuff is being talked about a number of people on here get their knickers in a twist and start massively exaggerating. As this is the opposite I suppose the same things apply, such as:
A lot has been said of some of the BLM leaders (Saying they're Marxists so doing this means communism will start in the UK and they'd ban prisons etc). Let's have a look at the man who organised this shall we.
Jake Hepple (who obviously has been pictured with tommeh robinson) who has tweeted and posted such niceties as 'Shame you weren't on the front row of Hillsborough'
'Why would anyone in their right mind pay £90 for the new England shirt when it probably cost a company full of tree swinging spear throwers 90p to make?'
(Said when finding out a girl is 14) 'Haha if there grass on the pitch play ball x'.

Supposition is a mugs game...and only serves to expose sub-concsious fantasy... about knickers it seems.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am

I find it so sad that people have to use the murder of 3 people in Reading as a defence to opposition to black lives matter.
MI 5 had this guy on their watch list.
We need a strong government who will introduce measures such as internment as was used in Ireland. Use the forces at home and increase the number of police and arm the police as well.There’s an enemy within and its not being tackled. Its all talk and no action.
The same goes for drug dealers as well. Our government is weak as have successive governments before them been.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:58 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Should apologise to Skidemin - accidentally deleted your reply to me which said "are you saying white lives don't matter?"

A genuine mistake by me so I apologise. My response below...

No, I'm not saying white lives don't matter at all. Nobody is saying that. All lives matter, that is obvious. But black people and ethnic minorities have faced a prejudice that I haven't, because I'm white.

What they are asking for is to be equal and, whether people like to admit or not, they have never been equal in society.

I hope that soon we can get to a place where everyone is equal, but I'm not expecting it.

TBH Worcester that is a dog ate my homework excuse. There are plenty of black people who earn more than me, have a bigger house than me and have more influence than me and millions of other white people.

Good luck to them if they have worked hard and got their rewards I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is this narrative of discrimination in order to excuse those black people that haven't prospered more in life. The UK is a fair and open society and instead of moaning these people should get off their backsides and make the most of the opportunities that exist. I would say the same to a white person you get nowhere sitting around waiting for opportunities you need to work hard to find the opportunities to change life prospects.

I understand fully why people are now finding their voices to state that white lives also matter. I also thing it is wrong that American Policemen can so easily kill black people as well as white people. But that shouldn't be used as a stick to beat the white population by constantly pointing the finger at white people (classic racial discrimination) and claiming we are all (and that includes you) are racists. It is time to draw a line in the sand and challenge the disgusting behaviour of BLM.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Well said annis, we are not a racist club and never will be :thumbup:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:05 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:When the BLM stuff is being talked about a number of people on here get their knickers in a twist and start massively exaggerating. As this is the opposite I suppose the same things apply, such as:

No-one has ever claimed that only white lives matter. As for the rest the first time I have seen any of those claims is in your post above.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am

Offensive for what???? Speaking our minds you know there is a thing in the world such as freedom of speech. (Even though there is not speaking here). I think the "BLACK LIVES MATTER" protests are useless and I personally think that we are all humans on Earth its NOT just the lives of the Black that matter its the white as well.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:15 am

I just don’t get all these protests and counter protests and arguments

It’s not difficult.. There’s no place for racism of any sort in our society, whether it’s against Blacks, Whites, Asians or anyone else..It’s that simple!!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:21 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Should apologise to Skidemin - accidentally deleted your reply to me which said "are you saying white lives don't matter?"

No, I'm not saying white lives don't matter at all. Nobody is saying that. All lives matter, that is obvious. But black people and ethnic minorities have faced a prejudice that I haven't, because I'm white.

What they are asking for is to be equal and, whether people like to admit or not, they have never been equal in society.

I hope that soon we can get to a place where everyone is equal, but I'm not expecting it.

I’ve said this to someone else on here. I find your statement deeply racist. The way you sit there saying you had a better life because you are white. How dare you say white people are superior to to black. The whole white people rushing to black peoples aid because they think only white people could help out black people. Unbelievable.

Did he actually say white people are superior to black? When was this said? Excuse me if I’m wrong but isn’t his point - he is in recognition of the ongoing problems faced by the black community even in this day and age in the uk and the world - a recognition that some choose to ignore and therefore are implicitly bias and subconsciously racist.

You know full well what I mean. Like in the last thread you failed to accept my opinions because they were different to yours. You a bigot so nothing I say you well accept.

I’ve said it before black people don’t need or want white people with they patronising ways we come and help you out of this need as you be unable to do it without our us. They the racist one you the ones that make racist actions. I genuinely believe they think they helping but step back look at it and maybe you see the institutionalised racism these people are displaying.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 am

As a new member, it is good to hear different views being expressed on here and no one is calling anyone else a racist or any other names. A friend said to me the other day 'If we can't agree to disagree; the we don't have democracy'. Not sure if he was quoting someone else - but many supporters of BLM should take note of that. There is a creeeping authoritarianism going on with the Woke cultural wars, which needs to be challenged.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:26 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

No-one has ever claimed that only white lives matter. As for the rest the first time I have seen any of those claims is in your post above.

I know no one has said it, that is actually my point. In the past few weeks people have said that BLM means that only black lives matter e.g. Tony your not getting the message the BBC and media are telling you

IT'S only Black lives that matter now (from yesterday).
I can't find the prison one again but I do recall seeing it on here recently. The Marxist bit is still there in every one of these topics though

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 am

BLUECHUGGY wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Pro
ud that we have never been :thumbright:

Well said annis, we are not a racist club and never will be :thumbup:

Correct , We are quite the opposite :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:38 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

I know no one has said it, that is actually my point. In the past few weeks people have said that BLM means that only black lives matter e.g. Tony your not getting the message the BBC and media are telling you

I can't find the prison one again but I do recall seeing it on here recently. The Marxist bit is still there in every one of these topics though

Do you deny the founders of BLM are Marxists and their whole ethos is to completely overthrow our democracy and replace it with a totalitarian communist state?
As for not getting what the BBC are saying only a Leftwing looney would believe anything the Leftist filth on the BBC say.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:56 am

Burnley fan claims responsibility for 'White Lives Matter' banner and won't apologise

Jake Hepple claims he organised the stunt that saw a plane fly the banner over the Etihad on Monday during Man City's clash with Burnley

Hepple wrote: "I'd like to take this time to apologise .. TO ABSOLUTELY F **  NOBODY!

"It's now apparently racist to say white lives matter."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:00 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I also believe some people to have overcome their implicit biases - maybe this is the reason for such a defensive push back towards BLM.

You've raised this point about implicit bias a few times. I did politely ask you a couple of questions around this on a previous thread although you may have missed it? I'd genuinely appreciate your thoughts. I don't see how any society can instigate a means of controlling subconscious thought without heading down a very, very disturbing path.

For reference, the questions I asked on the other thread are below.

Ealing Ayatollah wrote:I guess I would ask if implicit bias is a subconscious bias how do we regulate thought without entering into a minority report Orwellian dystopia?

And if we are to dismiss ideas of thought crime as fantasy then what explicit demonstrations of racial bias are either legal or socially acceptable in 2020?

Finally, what will the violent actions of BLM in recent weeks have done in terms of subconscious bias in terms of the general population. Have they raised awareness or sown seeds of dissent at the unconscious level?

With the greatest respect in the world (as you come across as a decent person in your tone)conversations around implicit bias only ever seem to come from an emotive reaction without any consideration for the implications they suggest.

Maybe, I'm just not bright enough to see how all the loose ends are pulled together but I'll be honest talk of controlling subs-conscious thought (so not even conscious thought that we choose not to act upon, but subconscious thoughts we essentially have no control over) tends to leas to discussions around re-education camps (which unbelievably I've seen from a few verified check marks on twitter lately) and history would suggest that is a very, very bad idea.

I would genuinely be keen to hear your thoughts on why action geared towards tackling implicit bias wouldn't necessarily lead to the disturbing place I think it will.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:10 am

Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Do you deny the founders of BLM are Marxists and their whole ethos is to completely overthrow our democracy and replace it with a totalitarian communist state?
As for not getting what the BBC are saying only a Leftwing looney would believe anything the Leftist filth on the BBC say.

How will they overthrow our democracy and replace it with a totalitarian communist state then?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:15 am

Good on whoever organised it if Burnley football fans think this doesn't represent the views of its fans they are deluding themselves. They are lucky these games are being being played behind closed doors as if they weren't I think they would find the support for BLM is nothing like as big as they think.

As for the Premier league, just about the most capitalist organisation in the world outside hedge funds,are they aware that BLM want to bring down global capitalism abolish the police and shut down prisons.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 am

I am very uncomfortable about BLM due to the word Black in their title. I'm also very uncomfortabe about what happened last night. For me BLM over the last few weeks have added fuel to a dwindling racist fire we have here in the UK. Last nights antics have only added to that fire.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:20 am

Cant see any Laws broken and no offensive words. Will be interesting to see what "appropriate action is taken" this whole scenario is just causing racial tension and unrest not curing it.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:25 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:A lot has been said of some of the BLM leaders (Saying they're Marxists so doing this means communism will start in the UK and they'd ban prisons etc).

Just for you Josh. :thumbup:

Ealing Ayatollah wrote:For anyone that wants to deny BLM are overtly Marxist organisation that are using an anti-racism narrative to sneak in their ideology of political revolt just take 40 seconds to listen to the founder BLM Patrisse Cullors.

Short clip of this interview (36 seconds long) is @ https://www.reddit.com/r/CensoredTV/com ... _marxists/

For those that can't access the link...

"We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alyssia [the other co-founder] in particular are trained organisers, we are trained marxists, we are super versed on ideological theories and what we are trying to do is build a movement that could be utilised by many, many black folk."

"We don't necessarily want to be the vanguard of this movement we have tried to put out a political frame that is about centreing who we think are the most vulnerable in the black community and we do have some clear direction in where we want to take this movement."

"Black to me is both about race that has been constructed but it is also a political statement and a political framework and I think it is important."

"We have to hold blackness as a broader framework than the colour skin we are in but as a political statement"

They are playing us for fools. Fanning the flames of a non-existent race war to tear us apart and get us at each others throats. Of course prejudice exists. It is a default of human nature but none of the statistics anywhere would point to the UK being a racist country. Nor the US for that matter.

They are literally using our own empathy and compassion to turn us on each other. We are being manipulated for insidious reasons. Please don't let them.

Full interview is @ https://youtu.be/kCghDx5qN4s

Note: This interview has already been unlisted. The link still works but it is uncertain how this will stay up for.

So it's not just 'saying ' they are Marxists it is pointing out that they are unashamedly Marxist and whipping up division where none existed. It's quite an important part to be factored into all this. The whole premise of the BLM movement is built on lies and manipulation. People should know this and realise whose banner they are marching under.

As for Mr Hepple.

Being pictured with Tommy Robinson is not evidence of anything but let's not open that can of worms, we've gone through that before, too many times.

With the comments 'Shame you weren't on the front row of Hillsborough' & 'Why would anyone in their right mind pay £90 for the new England shirt when it probably cost a company full of tree swinging spear throwers 90p to make' & 'Haha if there grass on the pitch play ball x'

I'll condemn every single one of those statements.

However, I'd want to see further evidence of when they were said, the context, whether that is reflective of his current behaviour, wherever he has shown remorse/regret for those statements and all that other annoying stuff that we used to have baked into our society when we judged someone's moral character before I condemn the man.

He may be a right prick, what you've posted would certainly indicate so. But too many innocent people have been cancelled because of exaggeration and outright lies of late, so I'll hold off jumping to an actual conclusion until I know more.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:30 am

why are you rambling on about TR...

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:

OMG Annis you really must take those Rose Tinted Specs and Ear Muffs off. If you were stood with black boys from the docks you wont have heard a racist talk because the people around you would have been afraid of getting a good hiding if they made such remarks. Ive been abused by City lads home and away in the past, ive been on coaches that have passed through Black areas of cities and heard the vile racist chants of city supporters. Do me a favour and shut the fck up because anyone with half a brain can see through your, "I'm not a racist i've got black nephews " bollox. You may have black members of your family but it dont mean you empathise with them. And don't worry about banning me coz i wont post again

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:38 am

i work with a guy from burnley, he's 63 i think . he told me when he was a kid there were very few black or asian people living there then....now due to immigration it's now a divided town...asians one side and whites on the other...there have been tensions there for there for at least the last 15 years...burney at one time had a large national front and british movement following, maybe it still has....i think the more blm protest and demonstrate the more likely we'll see a rise in racism

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:38 am

skidemin wrote:

all lives matter and to the vast majority it is obvious.... and to suggest otherwise is down right offensive mate whether you like it or not....I really do not think anyone that saw the GF incident knowing he dies at the end thought it anything other than horrific.. id have been equally horrified if it were white man, black cop or any combination...
equal ? in what way..ive voted for a BAME councilor ,we have BAME AMs, MPs, stars. and poor families are poor no matter what colour..live in similar houses / blocks, attend same schools , get same benefits/ min wage..

{ I did notice my post missing but assumed I hadn't pressed enter }

No one has ever stated that white lives don’t matter! This argument is absolutely ridiculous and goes back to the point I made in another thread the other day - implicit biases. Some people have an underlying problem with the black community whether they can see it or not. It’s a subconscious problem that tends to come out loud and proud in times like this. Someone said white people are being persecuted at the moment - are you for real? White people being persecuted lol People haven’t got a clue.

I’ll give you an example to break it down further - it’s like having pride for the lgbt community because of the hate crimes, persecution that’s occurred, job loss - yes you can still get fired from certain organisations for being gay in this country - one example a catholic school, etc people are murdered for gay here in the past and in other countries to present - So it would be like saying gay lives matter and then people start saying straight lives matter. It sounds so ridiculous!

The point is no one has ever stated all lives don’t matter - but the black community are drawing attention to black lives matter because there is a problem there that white people dont suffer. Simple as.

I did not say that,...and once again its all in your head,,,,yes YOU obvious have implicit bias...YOU not anyone else....

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:44 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

How will they overthrow our democracy and replace it with a totalitarian communist state then?

Mikhail Bakunin wrote:the class struggles of the working class, the peasantry, and the working poor were central to realizing a social revolution to depose and replace the ruling class, and the creation of libertarian socialism(weasel words for communism).

The working class let the Marxists down, the success of the American Dream across the latter part of the 20th century saw to that. So they pivoted to a dividing movement based around identity politics at some point in the 60s. The aim is now to sow division amongst us by race/gender/sexuality as these are immutable, unlike class which can be transcended.

The game is the same, divide and rule. Just the teams have changed slightly. Todays more accurate quote would read:

Mikhail Bakunin 2020 update wrote:the class struggles of the Blacks, Women, LGBTQI+ Folk are central to realizing a social revolution to depose and replace the ruling class, and the creation of democratic socialism (more weasel words for communism).

Our democracy may well prove to be tougher to subvert than China or Russia. But given the death toll of Communism in the last century ran into the hundreds of millions I'd rather not take the chance :thumbup:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:06 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
Jock wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:

You’d better ask them, it’s what their leaders have said numerous times, indeed there was one loud woman with a mic in London boasting about it coming last weekend.