Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: offensive banner ?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply Fb Robert Bartlett:

The problem is the last few weeks all we have heard is Black Lives Matter, morning noon and night, with protesters smashing memorials etc. However on Saturday a Libyan kills 3 white people and injures others and yet no one is protesting about it.

I totally agree Annis. Lewis Hamilton makes me laugh he apparently applauded the toppling of statues?

He earns 40m a year from Mercedes and they used over 40,000 slave labourers in World war 2 under the Nazis and even built Hitlers car.

Sorry for the pun but “ that’s calling the kettle B****”

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Should apologise to Skidemin - accidentally deleted your reply to me which said "are you saying white lives don't matter?"

A genuine mistake by me so I apologise. My response below...

No, I'm not saying white lives don't matter at all. Nobody is saying that. All lives matter, that is obvious. But black people and ethnic minorities have faced a prejudice that I haven't, because I'm white.

What they are asking for is to be equal and, whether people like to admit or not, they have never been equal in society.

I hope that soon we can get to a place where everyone is equal, but I'm not expecting it.

What prejudices have young black men experianced in the last decade in the UK that young white men havent ?
They only see themselves as below white people as it is ingrained in there mentality by there elders from a young age and as such they grow up being angry about something that hardly exists and blaming it for there failings in life. White people have it just as bad as black, no matter what colour you are if you want to make something of your life you need to work hard and have the right mentality. The road blocks of the past keeping black communities down are no longer physically there it is just in there minds.

If anything this was probably the most equal country in the world before the black community started all of this, now we have huge division.

I was refused a place in the fire service when I was younger because they were recruiting ethnic minorities , is that ok because I was white , is that not the same barrier that the black community is moaning about ?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:58 am

Top post OP, not often I've agreed with you lol.

BLM are driving a wedge of hatred right through the middle of our very tolerant nation with the help of the media, certain political party members, luvvies from the stage and screen and now it's even managed to invade the sanctuary of sport.

Personally, I think this is going to have a profound effect at stadiums.

As for Burnley skipper Mee saying the banner upset him and his game? Why not be honest and admit you were crap !!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:00 am

One of the few stated aims of BLM is to smash capitalism. They're supported by the worlds most capitalistic pigs ( the players ), playing for the most capitalistic businesses ( the clubs ) playing in the most capitalistic tournament ( the premier league ). The whole things lost on me but if they successfully manage to get premier league footballers down to a capped wage of £ 5,000 a week then it cant be bad. I've decided to play my part and today I will cancel Sky for the first time in 25 plus years. Pretty difficult given I love my football and currently there's plenty on.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:08 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Should apologise to Skidemin - accidentally deleted your reply to me which said "are you saying white lives don't matter?"

No, I'm not saying white lives don't matter at all. Nobody is saying that. All lives matter, that is obvious. But black people and ethnic minorities have faced a prejudice that I haven't, because I'm white.

What they are asking for is to be equal and, whether people like to admit or not, they have never been equal in society.

I hope that soon we can get to a place where everyone is equal, but I'm not expecting it.

I’ve said this to someone else on here. I find your statement deeply racist. The way you sit there saying you had a better life because you are white. How dare you say white people are superior to to black. The whole white people rushing to black peoples aid because they think only white people could help out black people. Unbelievable.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:12 am

thomasblue wrote:

What prejudices have young black men experianced in the last decade in the UK that young white men havent ?
They only see themselves as below white people as it is ingrained in there mentality by there elders from a young age and as such they grow up being angry about something that hardly exists and blaming it for there failings in life. White people have it just as bad as black, no matter what colour you are if you want to make something of your life you need to work hard and have the right mentality. The road blocks of the past keeping black communities down are no longer physically there it is just in there minds.

If anything this was probably the most equal country in the world before the black community started all of this, now we have huge division.

I was refused a place in the fire service when I was younger because they were recruiting ethnic minorities , is that ok because I was white , is that not the same barrier that the black community is moaning about ?

Spot on. I’ve know plenty of black people who joke around saying they have people bending over backwards to please them give them promotion, but they find this more racist as they giving jobs on they colour not they ability and they all know it.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:20 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

The problem is the last few weeks all we have heard is Black Lives Matter, morning noon and night, with protesters smashing memorials etc. However on Saturday a Libyan kills 3 white people and injures others and yet no one is protesting about it.

I totally agree Annis. Lewis Hamilton makes me laugh he apparently applauded the toppling of statues?

He earns 40m a year from Mercedes and they used over 40,000 slave labourers in World war 2 under the Nazis and even built Hitlers car.

Karl, Hamilton is a total hypocrite.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 am

Reply FB:

Martin Sheehy:

Surely its racist to condemn the white lives matter banner. Yes we want to tackle racism but it seems to be going too far the other way.
ALL LIVES MATTER

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not to mention the massive sponsorship / endorsement deal ne has with Siemens who used tens of thousands of slave labourers to build the concentration camps and gas chambers, most of whom died in the process.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:36 am

skidemin wrote:

all lives matter and to the vast majority it is obvious.... and to suggest otherwise is down right offensive mate whether you like it or not....I really do not think anyone that saw the GF incident knowing he dies at the end thought it anything other than horrific.. id have been equally horrified if it were white man, black cop or any combination...
equal ? in what way..ive voted for a BAME councilor ,we have BAME AMs, MPs, stars. and poor families are poor no matter what colour..live in similar houses / blocks, attend same schools , get same benefits/ min wage..

{ I did notice my post missing but assumed I hadn't pressed enter }

No one has ever stated that white lives don’t matter! This argument is absolutely ridiculous and goes back to the point I made in another thread the other day - implicit biases. Some people have an underlying problem with the black community whether they can see it or not. It’s a subconscious problem that tends to come out loud and proud in times like this. Someone said white people are being persecuted at the moment - are you for real? White people being persecuted lol People haven’t got a clue.

I’ll give you an example to break it down further - it’s like having pride for the lgbt community because of the hate crimes, persecution that’s occurred, job loss - yes you can still get fired from certain organisations for being gay in this country - one example a catholic school, etc people are murdered for gay here in the past and in other countries to present - So it would be like saying gay lives matter and then people start saying straight lives matter. It sounds so ridiculous!

The point is no one has ever stated all lives don’t matter - but the black community are drawing attention to black lives matter because there is a problem there that white people dont suffer. Simple as.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:42 am

Bigmarkw wrote:

I’ve said this to someone else on here. I find your statement deeply racist. The way you sit there saying you had a better life because you are white. How dare you say white people are superior to to black. The whole white people rushing to black peoples aid because they think only white people could help out black people. Unbelievable.

Did he actually say white people are superior to black? When was this said? Excuse me if I’m wrong but isn’t his point - he is in recognition of the ongoing problems faced by the black community even in this day and age in the uk and the world - a recognition that some choose to ignore and therefore are implicitly bias and subconsciously racist.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 am

epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Not to mention the massive sponsorship / endorsement deal ne has with Siemens who used tens of thousands of slave labourers to build the concentration camps and gas chambers, most of whom died in the process.

This is why it’s becoming a joke as one minute BLM are condemning and pulling everything down and demanding they get torn down, but still happy to take the money, a bit like Anthony Joshua.
I was a massive fan of Joshua and did not care about colour but he seems to.
Ali was and still my all time favourite boxer, colour never entered my mind, Nigel Ben another favourite of mine.
Let’s move on and get back to treating each other all equal as I was brought up to do, this BLM is for me a racist organisation causing divide.
We don’t need any of this we are not the USA, for me when I chose friends, colour, nationality does not come in to it, it’s the person themselves I become friends with :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 am

I’ll probably get completely slaughtered for saying this but the many anti BLM posts on this board has made me feel quite u comfortable. Fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there comes a time when you notice that people are just making statements on the defensive to distract from the fact of their true feelings underneath. I now know where I stand in comparison with the majority on this board and would not be happy to stand in the same stand as you lot at a football match. Not that football has anything to do with it but yes it does. How many anti white comments have I heard at city since I’ve been supporting them? Erm none. How many anti black comments have I heard since I’ve been going to matches? - quite a few. Says it all.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:51 am

Let’s not take away the fact that this guy Floyd was murdered and all the officers involved have been charged and rightly so.

However he was a serial criminal and had a string of serious crimes against him. I would imagine the victims of his crimes would have a different outlook on what’s being going on!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:52 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I’ll probably get completely slaughtered for saying this but the many anti BLM posts on this board has made me feel quite u comfortable. Fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there comes a time when you notice that people are just making statements on the defensive to distract from the fact of their true feelings underneath. I now know where I stand in comparison with the majority on this board and would not be happy to stand in the same stand as you lot at a football match. Not that football has anything to do with it but yes it does. How many anti white comments have I heard at city since I’ve been supporting them? Erm none. How many anti black comments have I heard since I’ve been going to matches? - quite a few. Says it all.

Well in My 48 years of following Cardiff City our fans I can proudly say have never been racist and have always adored black players a fact.
In the 80’s The Docks lads were massive at home and away games with me and we had a very very multi cultural following amongst us a fact .

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:01 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I’ll probably get completely slaughtered for saying this but the many anti BLM posts on this board has made me feel quite u comfortable. Fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there comes a time when you notice that people are just making statements on the defensive to distract from the fact of their true feelings underneath. I now know where I stand in comparison with the majority on this board and would not be happy to stand in the same stand as you lot at a football match. Not that football has anything to do with it but yes it does. How many anti white comments have I heard at city since I’ve been supporting them? Erm none. How many anti black comments have I heard since I’ve been going to matches? - quite a few. Says it all.

Why would you get slaughtered it’s your opinion?

My opinion is that we are fed up with it unfortunately if one says that we are immediately damned as a RAY-CIST!

The demonstrations may have managed to get 150,000 people out on the streets but another 65 million stayed at home.

These high sporting people adding to the problem don’t help and fuel it, Raheem Sterling on £350,000 a week paid by his employers Arab Emirates of Abu Dhabi! Has he refused to take the money?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Well in My 48 years of following Cardiff City our fans I can proudly say have never been racist and have always adored black players a fact.
In the 80’s The Docks lads were massive at home and away games with me and we had a very very multi cultural following amongst us a fact .

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:

I've only experienced it once. Away at Darlington someone slating Leo Fortune West referred to his colour. He was immediately called out for it and a tense 15 minute stand off followed. I thought at the time it was a genuine slip but there's no getting away from the fact, it was a racist comment. I've also been following city since the early 70's and that is the only time.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:[/)

there’s a big difference between not heard something and not choosing to hear it. I have certainly heard it quite a few times but thankfully not in the last few years. It’s done by individuals everywhere not just in football. As I keep going back to implicit bias - it’s subconscious and if people don’t know they are doing it how will they know they’ve ever done anything wrong - probably the same people who are shouting all lives matter now. That said I’m not saying Cardiff fans are racist I’m saying it still exists and some people are failing to acknowledge this. It’s not only at football have I witnessed racism it’s in work, social, back at school, college....my point is it’s everywhere. I also believe some people to have overcome their implicit biases - maybe this is the reason for such a defensive push back towards BLM.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Let’s not take away the fact that this guy Floyd was murdered and all the officers involved have been charged and rightly so.

However he was a serial criminal and had a string of serious crimes against him. I would imagine the victims of his crimes would have a different outlook on what’s being going on!

Yes but just because he’s a criminal, it doesn’t mean he deserved to die the way he did. No ones saying he was an angel and he committed some terrible crimes. But if I committed the same crimes and then was killed by a police officer in the same manner would that be acceptable?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Burnley are "ashamed and embarrassed" by a banner reading 'White Lives Matter Burnley' that was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium during Monday's match against Manchester City.

The aircraft circled over the stadium just after kick-off in City's 5-0 win.

Burnley and City players and staff had taken a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement moments earlier.

"Fans like that don't deserve to be around football," Clarets skipper Ben Mee told BBC Radio 5 Live.

Defender Mee added: "We're ashamed, we're embarrassed.

"It's a minority of our supporters - I know I speak for a massive part of our support who distance ourselves from anything like that.

"It definitely had a massive impact on us to see that in the sky.

"We are embarrassed that our name was in it, that they tried to attach it to our club - it doesn't belong anywhere near our club."

In a statement, Burnley said that the banner "in no way represents" what the club stands for and that they will "work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and take appropriate action".

"Burnley strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner," the statement added.

"We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.

"We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote Black Lives Matter.

"The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning community scheme, and stands against racism of any kind.

And that statement is the problem Tony. Hypocrisy at its finest. You had some of our players doing the Black Power fist on Saturday and that is shameful. BLM and the media made the hatred with their agenda.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:09 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Let’s not take away the fact that this guy Floyd was murdered and all the officers involved have been charged and rightly so.

Yes but just because he’s a criminal, it doesn’t mean he deserved to die the way he did. No ones saying he was an angel and he committed some terrible crimes. But if I committed the same crimes and then was killed by a police officer in the same manner would that be acceptable?

Did I say he deserved it?

No I certainly did not. I agree with you that racism still exists however it works both ways.

“Every life matters” regardless of ethnicity

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:09 am

Pulisnewport wrote:

Why would you get slaughtered it’s your opinion?

My opinion is that we are fed up with it unfortunately if one says that we are immediately damned as a RAY-CIST!

The demonstrations may have managed to get 150,000 people out on the streets but another 65 million stayed at home.

These high sporting people adding to the problem don’t help and fuel it, Raheem Sterling on £350,000 a week paid by his employers Arab Emirates of Abu Dhabi! Has he refused to take the money?

Just to be clear no one is stating that everyone is racist. They are stating that it still exists and in some areas a lot more than others. Some people are racist in the direct manner carrying out hate crimes against black people, some racism is more discreet. It exists to the point where black people feel angered by this. I do believe that many people have taken offense by the BLM unnecessarily so - this has resulted in many shouting white lives matter. If Only people just took a step back for a min and not took offense as the racism accusations are not personal to everyone.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:[/

there’s a big difference between not heard something and not choosing to hear it. I have certainly heard it quite a few times but thankfully not in the last few years. It’s done by individuals everywhere not just in football. As I keep going back to implicit bias - it’s subconscious and if people don’t know they are doing it how will they know they’ve ever done anything wrong - probably the same people who are shouting all lives matter now. That said I’m not saying Cardiff fans are racist I’m saying it still exists and some people are failing to acknowledge this. It’s not only at football have I witnessed racism it’s in work, social, back at school, college....my point is it’s everywhere. I also believe some people to have overcome their implicit biases - maybe this is the reason for such a defensive push back towards BLM.

One of my foreman has just told me a story from yesterday. He was taking his kid to view a new school in Ilford for September when there's an altercation at the gate. A 12 year old black lad is giving a young female teacher terrible racial abuse. The reason, he didn't think she had the right to put him through the knife scanner before entering the school !

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I’ve not said that Cardiff are a racist club. I’m stating that some of the fans are or have been as I’ve witnessed it first hand. I won’t repeat what I heard because it’s awful but I’ve heard it. With abit of hope those fans have been banned by now anyway. This is not just at Cardiff this is everywhere. Like I mentioned though before, thankfully I haven’t heard this for a few years. Perhaps I’m more alert to it when it happens - I do pick up on things. Perhaps others don’t. But please know that I’m not saying Cardiff are a racist club! :thumbright:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:18 am

BAME people who want to get on do so.. those who are lazy or don’t want to fit in struggle. Same for white, Chinese, Indian etc

It’s basically a meritocracy, and if you single out one group on grounds of colour, there will be a reflex action. Fairly obvious I would have thought..and BLM know that. Their motive is questionable.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

Don’t ever say Cardiff fans are or have been racist , because they never have been and your out of order , Very very Proud that we have never been :thumbright:[/)

Well the crowd I went around with and the fans I chose to stand/ sit next to following Cardiff , I never heard any racist comments/ chants and Cardiff City are very proud of the fact we’ve never been known for any racism.

You should chose better in future who you sit or stand near as it seems you must have been with a very very minority and should of pulled them on it if you actually heard Cardiff fans being racist???

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I’ve not said that Cardiff are a racist club. I’m stating that some of the fans are or have been as I’ve witnessed it first hand. I won’t repeat what I heard because it’s awful but I’ve heard it. With abit of hope those fans have been banned by now anyway. This is not just at Cardiff this is everywhere. Like I mentioned though before, thankfully I haven’t heard this for a few years. Perhaps I’m more alert to it when it happens - I do pick up on things. Perhaps others don’t. But please know that I’m not saying Cardiff are a racist club! :thumbright:

:thumbright: :thumbright:

I’m glad that’s cleared up as your the first person I’ve ever heard say those things about our fans .

Very very proud of CARDIFF as a whole a multicultural City :thumbright: :thumbright:

My Father was a Docks boy, Egyptian, very dark and very proud of his heritage and I am as well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:27 am

stickywicket wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:You see what you want to see.
After our tragedy losing Emiliano Sala in an air disaster and the Leicester owner dying in a helicopter crash its crazy a plane flying over a football stadium.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That’s the craziest answer I’ve heard :notworthy: :notworthy: Planes are flying over your head all the time lol

You laughing at what happened to Sala.They could have been terrorists.
Wheres your brains in your boots.

Bit of a quantum leap there mate.

BLM are Extreme hardline Marxists but by using the name Black Lives Matter their motives and aspersions escape scrutiny,
do you support BLM no
So your saying black lives don’t matter?

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

Well the crowd I went around with and the fans I chose to stand/ sit next to following Cardiff , I never heard any racist comments/ chants and Cardiff City are very proud of the fact we’ve never been known for any racism.

You should chose better in future who you sit or stand near as it seems you must have been with a very very minority and should of pulled them on it if you actually heard Cardiff fans being racist???

Annis I sit in different places over the years but why should it be down to me to chose where I sit so I’m away from racist people? Surely the racist people shouldn’t be there in the first place. My point is racist people can be anywhere. It’s great that you haven’t heard any and I’m pleased at that as it’s just a minority. I just think that so many have taken offense to BLM when the real problem needs addressing. If people did t take such offense to it perhaps the real problem could be improved. That said racism as far as I can see has improved in recent years. But that’s coming from a white man but if I was black I’d probably notice it even more. White lives matter yes and so do black lives but black people are more at risk of racism than white people. I hope that people can come together in support to recognise it’s still a,problem and this way we can move forward peacefully.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I’m glad that’s cleared up as your the first person I’ve ever heard say those things about our fans .

Very very proud of CARDIFF as a whole a multicultural City :thumbright: :thumbright:

My Father was a Docks boy, Egyptian, very dark and very proud of his heritage and I am as well

:thumbright: