Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHITTINGHAM ?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 am

carlccfc wrote:Contract on offer but not signed, he is in the final months of his contract and will be free to talk to other clubs in January.

If the contract is not signed tomorrow would you sell him before the transfer window shuts ?

A month ago I would have said sell him no doubt about that as we simply could not afford to lose out on the transfer fee. But a month on and with the signings we have made Whitts will be a pivotal player for us this season, he is already playing a different role in the team and whilst he may not score as many goals as last year this boy can pick a pass like no one else in the club.

Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, Keogh will all be looking to Whitts for that defence splitting pass that's the reason we should keep him, also it will send a bomb right into the middle of the Forest management. Having made him such a big target this summer not to get him may well upset the cart there.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 am

agreed and maybe they can offload Mc Phail and Rae for a few quid then who knows who else may come in ? But I think Whitts should stay coz at the mo like u said he's pivotal in this team , but IF we go up would he be good enough for the prem ?
Have to look at the long term bigger picture here :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am

The Premier 1 wrote:let him go, sell sell sell now before we lose out again, fed up of these greedy footballers trying to rob the club, if your wearing the badge like a bounty hunter f**k off now. sell him for 250 quid to avon lido make the c**t an example of what we're prepaired to do if they dont tow the line

Nice one....NOT!! :roll:

You can hardly blame him for playing brinksmanship if he really does know what's going on, can you?? The club itself has been a little lethargic on the 'new contract' front for ALL concerned and I suppose they have brought the tension on themselves and us supporters!! :oops:

It's quite easy, really. Whitts wants to stay but Cardiff need to show they want him....and it won't take a 'Forest sized' offer to make it happen. :old: :D

I do agree with those who say "Don't sell to Forest on principle!!" as they have been very underhand with this and the Pratley situations. Obviously still believe they are the bigger club. Hmmm, let's look at the table shall we???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Does he want premiership action or Championship . Forest bad start to the season we ar flying........again its greed ... if he wont sign and we get £2m sell him

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:43 am

Let him go to Forest if that's what he wants.

He can talk to Earnshaw about how great his career was after leaving the City.

If he honestly thinks he has a better chance of prem football with forest than us then he is deluded.