Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHITTINGHAM ?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Contract on offer but not signed, he is in the final months of his contract and will be free to talk to other clubs in January.

If the contract is not signed tomorrow would you sell him before the transfer window shuts ?

Re: WHITTINGHAM ?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 pm

yes, as long as we can get a centre half in.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 pm

YES - it is about time we got some money for the players that are going surely

If he was gonna stay with the club he would have signed a contract by now so come january he will go for free - sell him and make something from him - to replace him

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Money talks doesn't it ;)

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:36 pm

If he dont sign then f**k him let him go

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:41 pm

i really hope we can offer him a bit more to get him to stay, but if he doesnt agree sell him as we need to start making money on the players dj is turning into top class players, dont want the same to happen again that happend with ledley!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:41 pm

109 pages long thread on Forest Forum and over 2000 replies :o

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread ... 4&page=109

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:47 pm

No I wouldn't unless the fee is over £3 mill, and we sign a back up striker, a midfielder to replace him, and a centre half.

If this is not possible the no chance. £2mill now or £90 mill in may?? Tough choice!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 pm

i hope we keep whits & mcphail for that matter!! if we keep selling we wont have much of an impact bench!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:109 pages long thread on Forest Forum and over 2000 replies :o

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread ... 4&page=109

Carl, that thread has been the biggest bunch of bollocks i've ever read.

It's been doing the rounds for months now.
Whittingham was apparently signing for them over a month ago and now there's some idiot saying it's a done deal on their footymad board.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:02 pm

The club can call his bluff, if what I have heard is true Whitts wants to stay (he's too lazy to move house :D ). We are in a good situation that means that we can cover his position and therefore a fee is just as good as his signature so it's up to him.

My only problem in this whole thing is that I wouldn't wnt Forest to get Whitts or Pratley and think they had one over on the Welsh clubs.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Byeeee

Cash in

Strengthen where we need to :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 pm

No I wouldnt, I think he is vastly underrated and IMO it would be a massive blow to lose him.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 pm

£2m to pay PMG?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 pm

sell him and get bullard in.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 pm

I would sell whittingham then sign keough on permanent deal,try and sign a mid on permanent,then bring in a centre half on season long.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:23 pm

that would be a busy day :lol:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:37 pm

He obviously isn;t worth much as no-one else apart from Forest appears to be interested. If he doesn't go to Forest now for a decent fee, then cut our losses and don't give him a new contract - that way if he walks next summer we have re-couped our money by not paying him extra wages.

If we go up, he'll want to stay for the Premier League and want a contract then.

at which point we let him loose as he isn't good enough for the Premier League. Not even lower half Premier teams have shown an interest which gives you an approximate idea of his value.

If we sell him to Forest, it could come back to bite us on the bum as he is an upgrade for them and he is bound to score against us. Therefore, use him for the rest of the year and let him go next summer, for nowt, is what I'm saying.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:49 pm

This transfer will make the news tomorrow for definite, either Whitts will go or Forest will lose their manager if the board get no one in. It just seems to me that this is make or braek for Davies and his board.

I say we throw Forest a curve ball and ask for the cash plus Earnie. :lol: then get Gabbs back and we could be looking at having Bellamy, Earnie, Koumas, Gabbidon, Matthews and Blake in the Wales team playing England next year. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I think earnie would be a backwards step, would much rather Witts who IMO is ideal in a middle three.
IMO the team hasnt got going yet, still plenty to come from Bellers, Chops, Burke and when they all start learning this new formationa and Witts is spraying the ball about, it will be even more of a joy to watch

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think earnie would be a backwards step, would much rather Witts who IMO is ideal in a middle three.
IMO the team hasnt got going yet, still plenty to come from Bellers, Chops, Burke and when they all start learning this new formationa and Witts is spraying the ball about, it will be even more of a joy to watch

Not a serious option just talking about making it awkward for Forest :D

I do think That Whittingham is expendable though especially if it gives us options to get in cover for Jay and a central defender.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think earnie would be a backwards step, would much rather Witts who IMO is ideal in a middle three.

I do think That Whittingham is expendable though especially if it gives us options to get in cover for Jay and a central defender.

now that sounds good to me :lol:
to good to be true though surely :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm

christov wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

now that sounds good to me :lol:
to good to be true though surely :ayatollah:

Yeah probably the cash will go to PMG, still another decent outcome though if it get's the club back on track.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Don't forget a lot of it would go to Ray Ransom's lot. I say keep him because he will help us to go up, whether he signs or not.

That's all that matters for us at the moment. We go up and all our questions are answered.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 pm

There is no point in selling Whitts. He is an extremely valuable member of the squad we're currently building, and without him we are considerably weakened !

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:36 pm

...and if we go up, who cares if we lose him for nothing? dave jones won't - he'll have 60 million reasons no to.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 pm

I have heard he his very happy at City and will hopefully sign but is hoping for us to up our offer i think we should be more worried about Jay he thinks he is good enough for the Premiership and if a decent Premiership side comes in for him he will be off :(

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:57 pm

stickywicket wrote:sell him and get bullard in.

Bollocks..................Bullard is VERY injury prone,and will be picking up his wages whilst sitting on the beach!! :old:

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 am

carlccfc wrote:Contract on offer but not signed, he is in the final months of his contract and will be free to talk to other clubs in January.

If the contract is not signed tomorrow would you sell him before the transfer window shuts ?

Absolutely, Carl. He'd give us no choice, as his intentions would be clear....to bide his time and get a better deal after Chrimbo. We'd be mad to let that happen again....

It's still a huge gamble for him though, as a loss of form or injury could have a detrimental effect. Better he signs and stays I think....and if he's true to his word and really wants to, he will.

Mind you, I think the club should show him a bit of respect too. If they know what Forest are offering and REALLY want to keep him here, then they'll make sure the offer is right..

Same goes for anyone else....

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:11 am

let him go, sell sell sell now before we lose out again, fed up of these greedy footballers trying to rob the club, if your wearing the badge like a bounty hunter f**k off now. sell him for 250 quid to avon lido make the c**t an example of what we're prepaired to do if they dont tow the line