Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MONDAY 30th AUGUST UPDATE

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Gavin Rae is looking for a 2 year contract if he is to move away from CCS and rumours today said that Derby will be his destination, I have checked this out and am told that it is very unlikely Rae will be heading to Pride Park. Leeds Utd could be where Rae ends up but it does depend on whether he gets the length of contract he is after as so far Leeds have have looked towards a loan rather than a buy. Rae has young twins and he does not want to move the family for a temporary period.

Stephen McPhail is the subject of transfer speculation involving Ipswich, when Ipswich where enquiring previously in Michael Chopra they were also keen on McPhail but then he got injured, it seems that Roy Keane is ready to come back and try and get McPhail as he is a big admirer.

With Regards to incoming players I am still hearing whispers of Gabbs joining but I have not got this confirmed so I remain sceptical to be honest especially as he has played in the last 2 games for West Ham.

I am told that City will arrange the reserve game to take a look at Riggott and also they may be inviting Davenport to take part too, will keep you updated when this is confirmed.

City have many players who are in their final year of their contracts and the club are looking to avoid the same situation as Ledley, they have offered Whitts a new contract and he is thinking it over but as I have said before Forest desperately want him and are offering him more money than we are, I am told that Whitts wants to stay at City but wants the money that Forest are offering. What will City do ?

Re: MONDAY 30th AUGUST UPDATE

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Cheers Carl, gd insights.

My guess is City will come up a bit (but not to Forest levels) and he will sign. I mean really, why would he want to go to Forest anyway? They really are a poor team, particularly compared to us.

I would keep him regardless of whether he signs for one reason and one reason only: We are more likely to get automatic promotion with him in the squad and if we do, who cares if he walks on a free at the end of the season? We'll be able to replace him with three Peter Whittinghams if we want to!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am told that Whitts wants to stay at City but wants the money that Forest are offering. What will City do ?

Match it, but tell him we're not offering it until Thursday.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:33 pm

oh ok cheers carl for that update and btw let me if davenport is involed un that friendly this week ok cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Cheers Carl. Think it's fair to say that anyone coming in before the deadline tomorrow is very unlikely then. Can't see Gabbidon coming to be honest so looks like Riggot or nobody

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

and maybe davenport :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:46 pm

So Whitts knows what Forest are offering.Have we given him permission to talk to them then?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Riggot and Davenport are both big risks.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm

I would sell Whitts if he is refusing to play ball. We have Koumas to come in and will probably get stuck with both Rae and McPhail as back ups (unfortunately)

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:13 pm

stickywicket wrote:So Whitts knows what Forest are offering.Have we given him permission to talk to them then?

No he has not had permission but he has been informed of the wages on offer

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:
stickywicket wrote:So Whitts knows what Forest are offering.Have we given him permission to talk to them then?

No he has not had permission but he has been informed of the wages on offer

Any idea how much the difference is from their offer to ours Carl?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Cheers for the update carl.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 pm

any news on davenport being in that friendly and wat day is it then carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:21 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:any news on davenport being in that friendly and wat day is it then carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Christ give me a chance man I only put the thread up just now. :lol:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:23 pm

oh ok when will you know then carl wat day is that game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:47 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:oh ok when will you know then carl wat day is that game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

tomorrow as tonight I am sitting down with my King Prawn Platter and sea food sauce washed down with a Peroni :D :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:51 pm

how do you know all this then :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm

wa time tmoz are they playing then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 pm

I would be concerned about Davenport unsettling the dressing room as there are a lot of rumours about him, see his sister’s court case. I know they are all unsubstantiated rumours but I wouldn’t want anything to disrupt what appears to be a settled dressing room. I would prefer for us to sell Whitts, especially if he doesn’t look like signing, and use the money raised on a quality centre back than risk it with Davenport.

Not sure about Gabbidon always preferred Collins of the two. However, if Gabbidon is now fit and injury free I would take him, though can’t see West Ham letting him go.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:wa time tmoz are they playing then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I never said they are playing tomorrow :o

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:00 pm

oh ok wen are they playing then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:34 pm

city should make a final offer to him if he got sence he will take it with the players we got we are on the way up this season im sure witts will want to be on our band wagon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Carl there is one word for you ................ Leg-End or is that 2 words? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Good point. Once again Forest are well out of order and this isn't the first time they've tried to unsettle one of our players. Additonally, they (like Birmingham) seem to watch what Dave Jones is doing and then try to 'gazump' us. Now wonder he never says anything until the ink is dry.... :?

Whits is from the midlands, so a move would sort of make sense. But I believe he will stay with Cardiff and see the job through. Forest are hardly setting the world on fire and are (according to the gutter press) close to sacking their manager. :lol:

Stay with us Whitts. You know it makes sense!! :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:50 am

GREAT UPDATE AS USUAL Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: