Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Any truth behind this Carl..?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/keane_ponders_mcphail_move_1_616997

IMHO, although I wouldn't want to see him go as we've finally got some strength in depth in midfield its one that COULD happen.

1. McPhail is an Irish midfielder so probably worships Keane

2. McPhail is 30 now and has had a horrendous year, if Ipswich offer him a long contract on good money, it could blow anything that City are offerring out of the water.

3. he's got tough competition in the middle and may not be confident of getting many games

wonder what sort of fee they would offer though.

As for a loan move- that would be nuts.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:27 pm

If they offer decent money for him i think we will sell him. Even though he is one of Jonesey's favourites i cant see him getting much game time this season if all the others stay fit. :ayatollah:

Plus isn't he in the last year of his contract. :shock:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Bowmonster wrote:If they offer decent money for him i think we will sell him. Even though he is one of Jonesey's favourites i cant see him getting much game time this season if all the others stay fit. :ayatollah:

Plus isn't he in the last year of his contract. :shock:

No chance, we should learn from last season, injuries come thick and fast and he will be needed, last year when he and Ledley were both out we suffered, this year we could cope if he stays.

Non starter he will stay............

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:53 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Stephen McPhail on the day of his op last year and was as impressed with him as a person as I was a player. A genuinely nice guy, who loves playing for Cardiff City Football Club :)

I hope there's no truth in this....we need players like this at the club :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:59 pm

I would pay his taxi fare to Ipswich, please make this happen and make it permanent.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I would pay his taxi fare to Ipswich, please make this happen and make it permanent.

:lol: :lol: :o

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 pm

we need mcphail to stay his passing ability is brilliant and could be class alongside olofinjana and whitts in the middle if drinkwater is unavailable or off form :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:23 pm

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=21547

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:49 pm

gabbs wrote:we need mcphail to stay his passing ability is brilliant and could be class alongside olofinjana and whitts in the middle if drinkwater is unavailable or off form :ayatollah:

Cant play whitts and mcphail in the middle too lightweight as both cant tackle.Whitts has to play as he is a far superior player than mcphail. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
gabbs wrote:we need mcphail to stay his passing ability is brilliant and could be class alongside olofinjana and whitts in the middle if drinkwater is unavailable or off form :ayatollah:

Cant play whitts and mcphail in the middle too lightweight as both cant tackle.Whitts has to play as he is a far superior player than mcphail. :ayatollah:

Totally agree.

Whitts best postion is in the middle and his passing down the channels to the forward players is first class. Strangely his crossing from the wing is nothing to write home about, but in either situation as the luxary player he is light years ahead of McPhail.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm

If we keep Whitts and play him in central midfield we could let Mcphail go. However if Whitts goes then we should keep Mcphail. I thought he was good in the first half of last season and he links up well with Chopra.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:13 pm

i have to disagree with the majority of you

i feel we miss mcphail when he is injured his eye for passing is amazing