Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How many games do u expect to lose

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:34 am

After watching the team down in pompy saturday i really cant see any team in this league beating us. yes we mite concede a few but even if a team scored 3 against us i still can see us scoring more then them. any opinions

Re: How many games do u expect to lose

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 am

We're going to have off days and I very much doubt we'll finish the season unbeaten. But I would be very surprised if we lose more than 6 or 7 games. Newcastle lost 4 games and WBA lost 7 last season. So surely thats what we should aim for.

If the defence stays as solid as it was Saturday we should be fine, but as we know, our defence is somewhat unpredictable.

Also depends if Bellamy and Bothroyd stay fit. Both our goals on Saturday were down to Jay and Bellers.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:48 am

It's inevitable we'll lose somewhere, but in the past when we've turned draws into defeats, I can see us more often turning defeats into at least draws.

West Brom lost 11 and Stoke 9 a few years back(07/08). Sunderland and Brum 12 each before that(06/07). Newcastle were an exception last year a bit like Reading a few years ago losing only 2 in 2005/06.

I'll go as far to say we'll lose single figures this season while winning more than half of our games, culminating in a total of 85 points!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:52 am

ZERO!

ok 5 max. But i expect us to draw a lot less this season

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 am

PhatFrog wrote:We're going to have off days and I very much doubt we'll finish the season unbeaten. But I would be very surprised if we lose more than 6 or 7 games. Newcastle lost 4 games and WBA lost 7 last season. So surely thats what we should aim for.

If the defence stays as solid as it was Saturday we should be fine, but as we know, our defence is somewhat unpredictable.

Also depends if Bellamy and Bothroyd stay fit. Both our goals on Saturday were down to Jay and Bellers.

The speed of Bellamy is frightening. I knew he was fast but when you see some of the clips you just realise how fast. Drinkwater was key to the first goal as well to be fair.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:01 pm

PtB wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:We're going to have off days and I very much doubt we'll finish the season unbeaten. But I would be very surprised if we lose more than 6 or 7 games. Newcastle lost 4 games and WBA lost 7 last season. So surely thats what we should aim for.

The speed of Bellamy is frightening. I knew he was fast but when you see some of the clips you just realise how fast. Drinkwater was key to the first goal as well to be fair.

Drinkwater can be fast too. There was a stray ball that Pompey didnt chase down and Danny sprinted from about the half way line and won a corner I thinker. I realised on Saturday, we know have fighters in our team who will get stuck in. Danny was everywhere. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:20 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
PtB wrote:

Drinkwater can be fast too. There was a stray ball that Pompey didnt chase down and Danny sprinted from about the half way line and won a corner I thinker. I realised on Saturday, we know have fighters in our team who will get stuck in. Danny was everywhere. :ayatollah:

It all bodes for an exciting future :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:21 pm

EXPECT???? :roll: :roll:

One game at a time, folks....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:39 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
PtB wrote:

Sorry for the atrocious grammer/spelling guys. Damn touch screen phones :evil:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 pm

lol @ "I thinker"

Phones are murder for using on forums etc.... especially one that allows you minimal time to edit!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:20 pm

I was thinking about this last night.

We will lose. But I dont think there is a team better than us in the league.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:37 pm

I would imagine we will lose one at home like we did to Plymouth on Boxing day. Away I can see 4 teams capable of beating us, Ipswich, Burnely, Nottingham Forest and QPR.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:23 pm

I just f*cking hope everyone stays fit and doesnt get injured :roll: :| :ayatollah: