Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City's remaining fixtures and '

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:40 am

Cardiff City's remaining fixtures:

Leeds (H), Preston (A), Charlton (H), Bristol City (A), Blackburn (H), Fulham (A), Derby (H), Middlesbrough (A), Hull (H).

They are as follows:

Weekends

Friday – 6pm and 8pm
Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm
Sunday – 12pm
Midweek

Tuesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm
Wednesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City's remaining fixtures and '

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 am

27 points up for grabs. City to end up on 81 :)

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:58 am

As far as the return is concerned, it has been confirmed that matchday 39 (the second round of post-lockdown fixtures) will take place on the weekend of June 27.

This minor amendment to the schedule means the final weekend of the regular season will take place on the week of July 21 and 22, with the play-off final on either Sunday, August 2 or Monday, August 3.

The fixture schedule is in the process of being finalised, but as part of the announcement, the EFL also revealed the full range of kick-off times for remaining games.

They are as follows:

Weekends

Friday – 6pm and 8pm
Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm
Sunday – 12pm
Midweek

Tuesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm
Wednesday – 5pm, 6pm and 8pm

EFL chair Rick Parry said: “I would firstly like to thank the team at Sky Sports for their patience and support whilst we have worked through some of the complex issues surrounding our agreement that have arisen as a result of live sport being unable to take place due to the current crisis.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:11 am

Foghorn65 wrote:27 points up for grabs. City to end up on 81 :)

I still don’t think we will get into the play off but that’s going on the form before the pandemic stop the season I did say on the Cardiff city phone in that we might fall short hope I’m wrong

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:26 am

Swansea City's remaining fixtures:

Middlesbrough (A), Luton (H), Millwall (A), Sheffield Wednesday (H), Birmingham (A), Leeds (H), Nottingham Forest (A), Bristol City (H), Reading (A).

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:27 am

EFL chair Rick Parry said: “I would firstly like to thank the team at Sky Sports for their patience and support whilst we have worked through some of the complex issues surrounding our agreement that have arisen as a result of live sport being unable to take place due to the current crisis.

“There is no question that Covid-19 has detrimentally affected all industries and, whilst we have only ever wanted to return when it is safe to do, we have always understood that when we did, we had to balance the requirements of our broadcast partners with the unique and challenging financial circumstances that our clubs face.

“We are delighted to have reached such an agreeable and sensible arrangement that ensures the financial impact to clubs is minimised, Sky Sports are able to get their football business back up with one of the most eagerly anticipated Championship run-ins in years and, importantly, fans get access to games during a period where guidelines prevent them from attending in person.”

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Can we read into this and say that sky will be the only broadcaster covering the championship ? If so I dont have Sky sports at home (my other half would devorce me if i watched wall to wall football) and i cant go to the pub to watch the games, I am stuffed :o however I would ask the club that with 5 matches left on my season ticket would it be
too much to ask if i could get coverage of City matches on the City TV thing ! in compensation, I am not looking for a refund :occasion5:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:06 pm

If we can win our first 2 matches against Leeds and Preston it game on for the play offs :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Whistler wrote:Can we read into this and say that sky will be the only broadcaster covering the championship ? If so I dont have Sky sports at home (my other half would devorce me if i watched wall to wall football) and i cant go to the pub to watch the games, I am stuffed :o however I would ask the club that with 5 matches left on my season ticket would it be
too much to ask if i could get coverage of City matches on the City TV thing ! in compensation, I am not looking for a refund :occasion5:

I think they’re also going to steam through IFollow.
I haven’t got sky sports either mate but I’m assuming that somehow, if you’re a ST holder your Sky ‘main event’ or wherever the match is, will become ‘live’ for the match. Just guessing atm tho

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:27 am

Season ticket holder access to games :thumbright: :bluebird:

The EFL provided a significant update on Friday as to how fans will be able to watch games.

With all remaining fixtures to be screened live via various platforms, it was revealed that season ticket holders would get to watch all of their club's remaining matches without paying extra.

As for non-season ticket holders, they would be able to watch the action on a game-by-game basis for a fee of £10 per fixture.

This of course only applies if fans haven't already had refunds on season tickets.

Swansea City have started the process of refunding fans over ticket purchases for their outstanding home games.

As for Cardiff City, they have confirmed they will provide a full update on the matter in due course.

And it has also been announced further details in respect to the streaming of matches, season ticket holder access and associated matters will be provided this week.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:29 am

TV selections

Sky Sports will show 45 EFL games live over the remaining weeks of the campaign.

They will have a total of 30 Championship fixtures, while they will show all 15 play-off games from its three divisions.

The EFL have already stated that broadcast selections made prior to the season suspension will now not apply.

And it has been revealed the first selections are expected to be available "early next week".

It is anticipated that the league will be played out in the order previously scheduled, or that it will at least be similar to the fixture list set out prior to the start of the campaign.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:34 am

We will make the play offs ,we are going up

Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Look like a fairly tough set of fixtures. Reckon if we got four points from the first two it might be game on. Definitely can't afford to lose at Preston. I still have nightmares from the six nil when we blew the playoffs.