Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City have started the process of refunding fans ove

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:37 am

Swansea City have started the process of refunding fans over ticket purchases for their outstanding home games.

Saturday 6th June 2020

As for Cardiff City, they have confirmed they will provide a full update on the matter in due course.

All 24 sides in the second tier have nine matches left to play in the regular season.

The Bluebirds are currently ninth in the table, two points adrift of sixth-placed Preston.

As for the Swans, they are 11th after 37 league outings, although they are only three points off the play-off places.

The 2019/20 campaign is scheduled to resume on June 20.

Ahead of the return, clubs were given the green light to resume training on May 25, with teams taking part in contact training since June 2.

Re: Swansea City have started the process of refunding fans

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Fair play to Swansea, hope we do the same.... cannot see that happening though

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Swansea paying back money in full. A first for everything I suppose

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:29 pm

im not looking for a refund.. i want my club to come out of this as strong as possible..

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:31 pm

skidemin wrote:im not looking for a refund.. i want my club to come out of this as strong as possible..

My thoughts exactly mate. I’m not bothered. If they offer say a £20 voucher for the club shop I’d happily have that but not going to be actively searching for refund. I suppose everyone’s circumstances are different though.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:01 pm

skidemin wrote:im not looking for a refund.. i want my club to come out of this as strong as possible..

:thumbup:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Are they in a position to do that? They were asking their players to take permanent pay cuts about a week ago according to the media. Poor money management if that’s the case

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Totally agree, but as long as the players are doing something for the cause. I'd be quite happy to get the last home games free on the ifollow or whatever. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:39 pm

It's a tough call for clubs and paying supporters, as there will be divisions over the value of (a) clubs keeping the money to help them through this crisis, and/or (b) paying supporters wanting a cash return on the remaining few games they will have missed.

These will be for a variety (some personal) of reasons

My own view is that I'm happy not to take a refund, so long as our club acknowledges that those paying supporters who are of the same mind are doing so because they want the best for their club and are helping even in this small way. This should then be reflected in next season's (whenever that is) pricing and a discount applied; or at the very least no price rise at the point of renewal for existing season ticket holders

Free access to Cardiff City's remaining games would be a must too! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:52 pm

Sven wrote:It's a tough call for clubs and paying supporters, as there will be divisions over the value of (a) clubs keeping the money to help them through this crisis, and/or (b) paying supporters wanting a cash return on the remaining few games they will have missed.

These will be for a variety (some personal) of reasons

My own view is that I'm happy not to take a refund, so long as our club acknowledges that those paying supporters who are of the same mind are doing so because they want the best for their club and are helping even in this small way. This should then be reflected in next season's (whenever that is) pricing and a discount applied; or at the very least no price rise at the point of renewal for existing season ticket holders

Free access to Cardiff City's remaining games would be a must too! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Yes that’s pretty much my view too.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Swansea City have started the process of refunding fans over ticket purchases for their outstanding home games.

Saturday 6th June 2020

As for Cardiff City, they have confirmed they will provide a full update on the matter in due course.

All 24 sides in the second tier have nine matches left to play in the regular season.

The Bluebirds are currently ninth in the table, two points adrift of sixth-placed Preston.

As for the Swans, they are 11th after 37 league outings, although they are only three points off the play-off places.

Ahead of the return, clubs were given the green light to resume training on May 25, with teams taking part in contact training since June 2.
I paid £400 for tickets with a meal for my sons birthday for the Leeds home game, when cancelled the club said they would hold on to MY MONEY until the revised fixtures were announced then we would have seven days to claim a refund to a man they have been UNCONTACTABLE since the announcement. appalling way to treat loyal supporters. I have followed city for 51 years and say WELL DONE SWANSEA SHAME ON YOU CARDIFF :banghead:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:00 pm

LORD LUCAN’S LOAFERS wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Swansea City have started the process of refunding fans over ticket purchases for their outstanding home games.

Saturday 6th June 2020

I paid £400 for tickets with a meal for my sons birthday for the Leeds home game, when cancelled the club said they would hold on to MY MONEY until the revised fixtures were announced then we would have seven days to claim a refund to a man they have been UNCONTACTABLE since the announcement. appalling way to treat loyal supporters. I have followed city for 51 years and say WELL DONE SWANSEA SHAME ON YOU CARDIFF :banghead:

Can understand your frustrations mate but wait for the ‘full update’ and see how you stand then.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Saturday 6th June 2020

Under contract law the club are legally obliged to refund the money as they have not carried out their part of the contract albeit it was not their fault. I wouldn't imagine you will have any problem getting a refund from them, especially as the game has now been scheduled to be behind closed doors. The same will almost certainly apply to season tickets though it is a little more complicated. Like most fans I don't want the money back and assume they will issue it as a credit against next seasons tickets-whenever that is.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:17 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

Saturday 6th June 2020

The Bluebirds are currently ninth in the table, two points adrift of sixth-placed Preston.thank you :ayatollah: :occasion5:

Under contract law the club are legally obliged to refund the money as they have not carried out their part of the contract albeit it was not their fault. I wouldn't imagine you will have any problem getting a refund from them, especially as the game has now been scheduled to be behind closed doors. The same will almost certainly apply to season tickets though it is a little more complicated. Like most fans I don't want the money back and assume they will issue it as a credit against next seasons tickets-whenever that is.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:11 pm

Saturday 6th June 2020

things changed very rapidly mate..as said see what happens when some sort of normality returns.. I doubt the club have rushed none playing staff back to places like the ticket office...

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:21 pm

Well i want every penny off um. The players can take a pay cut to help out club.

When are fans going to wake and realise we are just a fu.... seat number. Up to the individual but I won't give them a penny more than I after to.

This money they owe us is chicked feed to them and the players. Hopefully football will go bust and all the contracts are cut in half.

Wear the shirts ans and sing their name. But these big corps don't give a fu... about you.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:23 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Well i want every penny off um. The players can take a pay cut to help out club.

When are fans going to wake and realise we are just a fu.... seat number. Up to the individual but I won't give them a penny more than I after to.

This money they owe us is chicked feed to them and the players. Hopefully football will go bust and all the contracts are cut in half.

Wear the shirts ans and sing their name. But these big corps don't give a fu... about you.

but your not really a fan , just someone who joined up when the origami forum closed down...

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Well i want every penny off um. The players can take a pay cut to help out club.

but your not really a fan , just someone who joined up when the origami forum closed down...

Been a season ticket holder for 11 years ish.

Just makes me laugh how fans and joe public get treated like cash cows at clubs and yet everyone gets all teary-eyed for the robbing bast...... in times like this.

Big corps as well, all the same. But hey it's all about oppions I guess. When it starts back up I'll probably be there I guess.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:30 pm

blue lagoon wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Been a season ticket holder for 11 years ish.

Just makes me laugh how fans and joe public get treated like cash cows at clubs and yet everyone gets all teary-eyed for the robbing bast...... in times like this.

Big corps as well, all the same. But hey it's all about oppions I guess. When it starts back up I'll probably be there I guess.

I do get it.. I used the same car park for about 10 years... one day im walking back to the car and there is something on the windscreen... a birthday card ? an invite to the mayors parlour perhaps … no a fckn parking ticket... ten years no gratitude what so ever...

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:24 am

You have made a good point the players wouldn't take a 20% reduction in salary like 7 million furloughed workers but many of those furloughed fans are season ticket holders and would be willing to write off any refund.

I personally wouldn't want a refund but I can fully understand the view of those who do.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:27 am

skidemin wrote:I do get it.. I used the same car park for about 10 years... one day im walking back to the car and there is something on the windscreen... a birthday card ? an invite to the mayors parlour perhaps … no a fckn parking ticket... ten years no gratitude what so ever...

Unfortunately a parking ticket is a recreational hazard when following the Bluebirds :cry:

Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:06 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You have made a good point the players wouldn't take a 20% reduction in salary like 7 million furloughed workers but many of those furloughed fans are season ticket holders and would be willing to write off any refund.

I personally wouldn't want a refund but I can fully understand the view of those who do.

Same here mate. Im lucky I can afford to write off the money for the good of the Club but understand that some people will need their money back to survive.

HUGELY frustrating and frankly just wrong that fans will do that though whilst the players won't take a small reduction in their salaries, which let's be honest, most of the players earn more in a few weeks than most do in a year.

Dalman even said himself that the deferral was pointless pretty much.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:19 am

RV Casual wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Same here mate. Im lucky I can afford to write off the money for the good of the Club but understand that some people will need their money back to survive.

HUGELY frustrating and frankly just wrong that fans will do that though whilst the players won't take a small reduction in their salaries, which let's be honest, most of the players earn more in a few weeks than most do in a year.

Dalman even said himself that the deferral was pointless pretty much.

players are not fans of our club though.... they are here today, gone tomorrow.. and truth is we do not care and sometimes know when they have been released.. although we might not own it , its our club..

Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:20 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Are they in a position to do that? They were asking their players to take permanent pay cuts about a week ago according to the media. Poor money management if that’s the case

To be honest I hope there comes a blanket pay cut. Or some kind of cap/structure to stop money dictating and ruining the game so much. We can but dream.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:36 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-18360694

Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:Are they in a position to do that? They were asking their players to take permanent pay cuts about a week ago according to the media. Poor money management if that’s the case

Fair comments from everyone on here on this topic. But hey if you can afford to take the financial hit then give it to worth charity and not these greedy bast....

To be honest I hope there comes a blanket pay cut. Or some kind of cap/structure to stop money dictating and ruining the game so much. We can but dream.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:

its always been money driven only the amounts that have changed..

Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:53 am

I'm lucky I'm in a position to right it off but I won't be! There's people down that club who are part of our community and have either been placed on furlough and will potentialy lose their jobs and are on very low salaries. Then you have players who earn a fortune refusing to take any sort of paycut during this time.

As the other poster said, as soon as fans realise you're just a number the better! Football at the top level has shown it's true colours over the past few months and I can hand on heart say I haven't missed the hussle and bussle of trecking down the City on Saturday's and have enjoyed spending more time with my family.

I'll always support the City as I've followed them since I was a kid but it'll be small local clubs who will get my money from now on. The like of STM, Bridgend street, Taffs well and Caerau will be where I get my football fix, clubs that are crying out for support and help running their clubs.