Just watching and it’s very interesting

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 am

Sky News a documentary on the Virus from the day it came to the UK to now

And boy did the UK get it so wrong and we’re beyond slow in everything and we’re given advice by Italy and the UK never listened .

It’s very very sad :cry:

Care homes were they neglected?

Worth watching now

Hmmmm?
Attachments
8D9768CB-E8C7-40A5-BADC-6D24A9254401.jpeg
8D9768CB-E8C7-40A5-BADC-6D24A9254401.jpeg (312.24 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Just watching and it’s very interesting

Postby Foghorn65 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:42 am

Seems like care homes were told to carry on as normal from the onset.

Government priority was the NHS.

Took an absolute age for care homes to get acknowledged.

Initially recorded numbers excluded care homes.
Foghorn65

Postby cardiff 74 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:07 am

We where to slow responding I think Boris thought it was just going to pass us by what saddens me is I thought our country could always cope And stamp this problem out but we have been way left behind
cardiff 74

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:03 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:We where to slow responding I think Boris thought it was just going to pass us by what saddens me is I thought our country could always cope And stamp this problem out but we have been way left behind

personally I have huge reservations about the figures including ours...
do you personally know anyone who has died ? I know OF a few elderly relatives of people im acquainted with who had covid on the death certificate..
skidemin

Postby epping blue » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:We where to slow responding I think Boris thought it was just going to pass us by what saddens me is I thought our country could always cope And stamp this problem out but we have been way left behind

do you personally know anyone who has died ? I know OF a few elderly relatives of people im acquainted with who had covid on the death certificate..

I'm not sure about that. Figures are going to be a bit inconsistent but this is still quickly evolving and it'll take just about every country to get their figures closer to being more accurate. Whatever we'll still look pretty bad and Germany will have faired relatively better.

I don't fully agree with the criticism on the lockdown being late to be honest. With hindsight we should of, it would have likely saved a lot of lives. On the 9th March two weeks before lockdown infections had reached 43 per day. On the 16th March a week before lockdown infections were up to 152 per day. Now with most of Europe heading towards a complete relaxation of restrictions we have infections running yesterday at Spain 318, Italy 518, Germany 491, Turkey 930, France 611, Belgium 140, Netherlands 210, Sweden 1016, Portugal 377 and Greece still wearing very well on 15. So the countries that are about to fling open their doors to people from wherever are in a significantly worse place in terms of infections than we were just one week before we locked down. The entire strategy that kept infection rates low in these places is being binned.
epping blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:47 pm

It was back end of March when we gave our views Annis what was coming and what had happened ITALY and SPAIN .
Some listened and some had a different view - Look at it now and it is going to carry on with all these gatherings .

Patel: I understand anger, but please don't attend protests

London police chief tells protesters to avoid mass gathering

Matt Hancock urges UK public to avoid protests

All the above were posted within 6 hours ago - Take a look at pictures or the TV - If the weather was fine today they would be down the beach as well .
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:05 pm

epping blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I'm not sure about that. Figures are going to be a bit inconsistent but this is still quickly evolving and it'll take just about every country to get their figures closer to being more accurate. Whatever we'll still look pretty bad and Germany will have faired relatively better.

I don't fully agree with the criticism on the lockdown being late to be honest. With hindsight we should of, it would have likely saved a lot of lives. On the 9th March two weeks before lockdown infections had reached 43 per day. On the 16th March a week before lockdown infections were up to 152 per day. Now with most of Europe heading towards a complete relaxation of restrictions we have infections running yesterday at Spain 318, Italy 518, Germany 491, Turkey 930, France 611, Belgium 140, Netherlands 210, Sweden 1016, Portugal 377 and Greece still wearing very well on 15. So the countries that are about to fling open their doors to people from wherever are in a significantly worse place in terms of infections than we were just one week before we locked down. The entire strategy that kept infection rates low in these places is being binned.

well I am sure about those deaths... and ive spoken to others elsewhere in the country who have similar experiences..... I read early on the ISS guy in Italy saying only 12% of their covid deaths were OF covid…. that's exactly what I am seeing here....
skidemin

Return to General Chat