Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SKY SPORTS NEIL HARRIS:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:33 am

SKY SPORTS:

Friday 5th June 2020

HARRIS PREDICTS SALARY CAPS ACROSS THE EFL

Cardiff manager Neil Harris believes salary caps will have to be introduced throughout the EFL in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

"I think the reality is that economics are going to hit," Harris told Sky Sports News. "It's hit the industry already and I think it's going to continue to hit. Even the agents are getting hit at the moment.

"Football is going to change, maybe not at the top level immediately but in the leagues below certainly.

"Salary caps into League One and Two, in the Championship salary caps will, I believe, come into play. Players demanding salaries are going to completely change."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SKY SPORTS NEIL HARRIS:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:14 am

Perhaps with salary caps some players may start to respect the clubs that they play for knowing that they just cant walk out on a club to go somewhere else for more money unless of course its a bigger club offering just a bit more cash

Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:16 am

I think that this whole situation is kinda a blessing for us as a club because where we wouldn't of had the money to spend in the transfer windows next season now all of the championship teams are going to be the same

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:36 am

BLUECHUGGY wrote:Perhaps with salary caps some players may start to respect the clubs that they play for knowing that they just cant walk out on a club to go somewhere else for more money unless of course its a bigger club offering just a bit more cash

:clap: :clap: now wouldn't that be a nice change :thumbup: greed has ruined the game,about time for change imho. :old: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:32 am

To be honest I think this wages thing will find its own level.We all know clubs were over spending(chasing the dream)before the pandemic.I think the choice of lower wages or unemployment will focus players and agents minds.