Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ All lives “

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
YDdraigGwyn wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Of course all lives matter, no one is saying they don’t. This isn’t about that particular topic at the moment...this involves historical-present the challenges that black people have suffered whether that is being oust racists from society, Not being given fair opportunities when it comes to job, being labelled criminal, not being given fair trials, violence and facing death. People like myself from a privileged white up bringing will never understand but I definitely stand by BLM because this is what it’s about - enough is enough.

Again. More white people die at the hands of police every year by some distance.

If BLM want to lobby for black issues then I don’t think anyone will have a problem with that. But this isn’t a race issue and is an issue that affects all races.

But currently due to BLM monopolising this situation, nobody is allowed to represent anyone other than black victims at the hands of police without being called bigoted or racists. The majority of victims as a result are now not being heard and race has yet again hijacked a movement that should be about ALL.

Should death at the hands of police be a black issue then again nobody would have an issue, the fact is, it isn’t a black issue. So everyone should be represented in this movement and not be castigated for trying to include ALL victims.

It maybe the case that more white people have died in police custody but are you telling me that all these white people died because they are white? I very much doubt that to be the case. Also this is not just about police, this is every area of a group of people being viewed in a different way by some of society.

hard to believe...

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:35 pm

LeonSDC wrote:But your daughter doesn't understand. And alot of people here are missing the point.
It's all well and good to say "all lives matter" but here's the point.
All Lives Don't matter until Black lives matter too. If Black lives don't matter then how can you sit there and say "all lives matter".

Let's not twist it into something it's not. It's a fight back against racism where black people go through difficulties every day that white people like you and me haven't had to personally experience for a whole lifetime.
What happened with that Cop murdering George Floyd is only being treated as a murder now for 2 reasons
1: The evidence is there to see on camera
2: The protests and huge movement of support from around the world.

Without all of these protests and attention, that murderer (And the cops who simply stood and watched) would have found a way out, they would have been protected by their own.

Here's two different reactions to what's been going on, I wonder which one you guys fit in and you claim you "understand".
"It's a shame black people keep getting killed by cops but these protests have to stop"
or
"It's a shame these protests are going on but Black people need to stop getting killed by cops"

You see? Playing it down is 100% you choosing the side of the corrupt. "Moving on" and turning a blind eye or just treating this as a one off insident and saying "Okay it's sorted now" is NOT helping. It's actually the reason racism is still a huge issue.

As I said -

- All lives don't matter until black lives matter too.

Completely agree Leon. People seem to try and twist it into something it’s not. If it’s just swept under the carpet nothing will ever change. This has of course happened many times in the past and there’s a protest then it all goes back to normal afterwards. Nothing ever changes or atleast not quick enough. I always remember watching films as a youngster - black people were always given the ‘baddy’ role or criminal in films.....just one way of thousands they have been portrayed wrongly. It’s easy to sit here and say all lives matter from a white privileged position.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:51 pm

LeonSDC wrote:But your daughter doesn't understand. And alot of people here are missing the point.
All Lives Don't matter until Black lives matter too. If Black lives don't matter then how can you sit there and say "all lives matter".

Let's not twist it into something it's not. It's a fight back against racism where black people go through difficulties every day that white people like you and me haven't had to personally experience for a whole lifetime.
What happened with that Cop murdering George Floyd is only being treated as a murder now for 2 reasons

Without all of these protests and attention, that murderer (And the cops who simply stood and watched) would have found a way out, they would have been protected by their own.

Here's two different reactions to what's been going on, I wonder which one you guys fit in and you claim you "understand".
"It's a shame black people keep getting killed by cops but these protests have to stop"
or
"It's a shame these protests are going on but Black people need to stop getting killed by cops"

You see? Playing it down is 100% you choosing the side of the corrupt. "Moving on" and turning a blind eye or just treating this as a one off insident and saying "Okay it's sorted now" is NOT helping. It's actually the reason racism is still a huge issue.

As I said -

Completely agree Leon. People seem to try and twist it into something it’s not. If it’s just swept under the carpet nothing will ever change. This has of course happened many times in the past and there’s a protest then it all goes back to normal afterwards. Nothing ever changes or atleast not quick enough. I always remember watching films as a youngster - black people were always given the ‘baddy’ role or criminal in films.....just one way of thousands they have been portrayed wrongly. It’s easy to sit here and say all lives matter from a white privileged position.

For me,the two most sensible posts on this topic :clap: :clap: :clap: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:09 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

or

As I said -

For me,the two most sensible posts on this topic :clap: :clap: :clap: :old: :bluebird:

so you think it was racial ?

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:You daughter is a spot on. She could teach a lot of adults a thing or two.

Children are genuine say how they really feel :thumbright:

Trouble is Annis, hate or racism are not natural emotions,they are taught behaviours,so if a child grows up in a good environment, with sound parents,they are much less likely to grow into adults,carrying these two traits.as you say children speak their mind,and are outright in what they sat,it's when these emotions are around the kids,where the problem lies.I have several black relative,who will tell you that racism still exists in Britain, maybe not as bad as it's been in the past,but it's still here 100%.even on this forum,I have heard the chinese race be called all sorts of nasty names,especially around the coronavirus! Somehow, nobody seemed to pull that up? The good thing is,kids are being taught about all races and religions in school,when I was in school,nothing seemed to be discussed/taught,to educate pupils.I was born into a mixed race family,so had them values of respect,from a very young age.but the only way is to educate the youngsters,which means children will have to know it exists,regardless of what parents wish for,in their children growing up in a world where it doesn't exist,until that happens,it has to be discussed,whether we like it or not. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:54 pm

YDdraigGwyn wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Of course all lives matter, no one is saying they don’t. This isn’t about that particular topic at the moment...this involves historical-present the challenges that black people have suffered whether that is being oust racists from society, Not being given fair opportunities when it comes to job, being labelled criminal, not being given fair trials, violence and facing death. People like myself from a privileged white up bringing will never understand but I definitely stand by BLM because this is what it’s about - enough is enough.

Again. More white people die at the hands of police every year by some distance.

If BLM want to lobby for black issues then I don’t think anyone will have a problem with that. But this isn’t a race issue and is an issue that affects all races.

But currently due to BLM monopolising this situation, nobody is allowed to represent anyone other than black victims at the hands of police without being called bigoted or racists. The majority of victims as a result are now not being heard and race has yet again hijacked a movement that should be about ALL.

Should death at the hands of police be a black issue then again nobody would have an issue, the fact is, it isn’t a black issue. So everyone should be represented in this movement and not be castigated for trying to include ALL victims.

It maybe the case that more white people have died in police custody but are you telling me that all these white people died because they are white? I very much doubt that to be the case. Also this is not just about police, this is every area of a group of people being viewed in a different way by some of society.

Keep sayin it the Yanks have a big issue with race but not every Black Person killed by police , wether legitimately or not, was killed because they’re black. You can very much doubt all you want but that just means you’re guessing.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:00 pm

or

As I said -

Well it should have been named Black Lives Matter Too.
Why do you think Floyd was killed because of his skin colour?

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:03 pm

Anyone who doesn’t think racism and race-based police brutality is a problem in the US or the UK. Please read up on it. Not from tabloids. From factual, non partisan history books.

There are clear and obvious roots of neglect and punishment of minorities in both countries. Slavery, politics, segregation. We need to be educated.

The comment All Lives Matter is completely missing the point and if you can’t see that you are part of the problem and need to find out why.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 pm

danLages wrote:Anyone who doesn’t think racism and race-based police brutality is a problem in the US or the UK. Please read up on it. Not from tabloids. From factual, non partisan history books.

There are clear and obvious roots of neglect and punishment of minorities in both countries. Slavery, politics, segregation. We need to be educated.

The comment All Lives Matter is completely missing the point and if you can’t see that you are part of the problem and need to find out why.

So if I don’t agree the U.K. today has an issue with police brutality towards ethnic minorities I should read non partisan history books :lol: :lol: cheers for that. Don’t want to be part of the problem.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm

I accept the race issue is a huge problem in the USA,it's history and culture are actually defined by race.The Manifest Destiny of european migrant expansion within the USA led to the wholesale slaughter of the native American (real American).Subsequently slavery and it's consequences have impacted to this day. What is worrying is the wholesale adoption of meaningless "sloganism" which infects our culture and everyday discourse.Small children in my experience do not see colour they see friends thank goodness ! What has happened here is the hijacking of a serious issue by those who harbour alterior motives.Widespread looting and wanton vandalism achieve little other than to undermine those who seek to alter society for the good.The bandwagon chaos merchants could not care less who was killed they express their outrage by stealing and beating up white people.The media is grovelling around expressing their inadequacy at "understanding" the issues and asking the usual inarticulate rapper dragged off the street to tell us what he thinks and feels. For a short period in the 1980's I served as a Police Officer in the London area and was on stand by during the Broadwater Farm riots we were not deployed. Keith Blakelock was the beat bobby for a section of the The Farm.He had established good relations with the locals and was popular.I did not know him but I knew of people who did.The night of the riot he was caught on a grassy embankment and slipped the brave pursuing heroes attempted to chop his head off.His screams were heard because he hit the transmit button whilst he was being butchered.The cowardly guy in charge Chief Superindendent Couch did want to be the first senior Police Officer to sanction the use of tear gas on the British mainland, bad for the career you know!The following days saw posters of this tw*t posted on Police Stations with "Wanted for murder". Blakelock received 43 stab and slash wounds to his body mostly via knife and machete

I cannot recall marchers with "Not in my name" flooding the streets of London?

Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:I accept the race issue is a huge problem in the USA,it's history and culture are actually defined by race.The Manifest Destiny of european migrant expansion within the USA led to the wholesale slaughter of the native American (real American).Subsequently slavery and it's consequences have impacted to this day. What is worrying is the wholesale adoption of meaningless "sloganism" which infects our culture and everyday discourse.Small children in my experience do not see colour they see friends thank goodness ! What has happened here is the hijacking of a serious issue by those who harbour alterior motives.Widespread looting and wanton vandalism achieve little other than to undermine those who seek to alter society for the good.The bandwagon chaos merchants could not care less who was killed they express their outrage by stealing and beating up white people.The media is grovelling around expressing their inadequacy at "understanding" the issues and asking the usual inarticulate rapper dragged off the street to tell us what he thinks and feels. For a short period in the 1980's I served as a Police Officer in the London area and was on stand by during the Broadwater Farm riots we were not deployed. Keith Blakelock was the beat bobby for a section of the The Farm.He had established good relations with the locals and was popular.I did not know him but I knew of people who did.The night of the riot he was caught on a grassy embankment and slipped the brave pursuing heroes attempted to chop his head off.His screams were heard because he hit the transmit button whilst he was being butchered.The cowardly guy in charge Chief Superindendent Couch did want to be the first senior Police Officer to sanction the use of tear gas on the British mainland, bad for the career you know!The following days saw posters of this tw*t posted on Police Stations with "Wanted for murder". Blakelock received 43 stab and slash wounds to his body mostly via knife and machete

I cannot recall marchers with "Not in my name" flooding the streets of London?

Off topic mate but a clown called Callum Steele, chairman of the Scottish Police Federation, said it was Kieth Blakelocks own fault he was killed. Sickening.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:08 pm

Jock senior Police Officers were terrified they saw their careers first operational responsibility second !!! I was threatened with a disciplinary for thrashing around with my truncheon outside a railway station for losing my helmet whilst being attacked by a mob of black youth.Scary stuff but being from where I come from I got stuck in ,as you would, I ragged it, f**k it, I knew my time in this profession was limited after this no support whatsoever. Just look at the Rochdale scandal children raped because cowardly senior officers would not address the fact of Pakistani rape gangs. I am afraid in our world only whitey is racist.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:45 am

It's a long watch but the last video is beyond comprehension.

https://www.facebook.com/210277954204/p ... 863509205/

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:47 am

Race& racism should be ERASED from the dictionary. When we made a point of it we played into the racists hands. Colour of skin should not be mentioned as it's irrelevant, we are just human beings simple as that. I showed my boy a photo of Thierry Henry I said what do you see, he said a man, why ? I thought brilliant, not a black man or white man just a man. When will idiots realise colour of skin don't matter it's how we all behave as people that matters. ALL LIVES MATTER regardless of colour, well not sure about the Jack lives mind haha

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:09 pm

danLages wrote:Anyone who doesn’t think racism and race-based police brutality is a problem in the US or the UK. Please read up on it. Not from tabloids. From factual, non partisan history books.

its people like you that are missing the point
you don't get and will never get equality as long as you throw slogans like BLACK lives matter around..
ALL lives matter means equal... btw im not sure there is such a thing as a factual non partisan history book. invariably there are 2 often completely different versions of events with the actual truth { if such a thing exists } somewhere in the middle ..

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:25 pm

Just remember racism works both ways
London knife I've crime is black on black no-one says nothing.
Black people can be as bad as white people for racism.
People always need an issue to cope with life, why is it that white people can do no right anymore, vote Brexit = racist
Dislike Islam ideology = racist
Say anything about a black person or Muslim they don't like = racist
Of course it's not racist but it's how life is going with the left. The white left are rhe problem, muddle class udiots with money and nothing to do. I'm not racist as I haven't finished hating white people yet. Joke obviously. Colour of skin is and will always be a reason for idiots to take issue with and use as a weapon.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Citysince72 wrote:Just remember racism works both ways
London knife I've crime is black on black no-one says nothing.
Black people can be as bad as white people for racism.
People always need an issue to cope with life, why is it that white people can do no right anymore, vote Brexit = racist
Dislike Islam ideology = racist
Say anything about a black person or Muslim they don't like = racist
Of course it's not racist but it's how life is going with the left. The white left are rhe problem, muddle class udiots with money and nothing to do. I'm not racist as I haven't finished hating white people yet. Joke obviously. Colour of skin is and will always be a reason for idiots to take issue with and use as a weapon.

truth is ..in the USA there are 6 white men for every black man

but a black homicide victim is 9 times more likely to have been killed by a Blackman than a Whiteman..

doesn't mean there is not racism because it exists everywhere.. or that police brutality doesn't exist...but it does mean the most of these black lives that matter don't seem to matter as much if your killed by one of your own....

have a look at this ...where was the outrage.. protests...riots... worldwide press coverage...?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/c ... index.html

black people have far bigger problems with guns, drugs and gangs.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Absolutely shocking, what a waste of a young life.
I read somewhere black people in America kill many more white people per year than white killing black.
There is racism but in my opinion it's equal more than what the BBC or sky have you believe. People have wrongly played the race card and now it's said after any issue certain elements don't like. When was the last time you heard a white man was the victim of racism. Dianne Abbot Jamaican mothers are the best, she was then asked so black mums ate better than white mum's,she didn't answer, is that it racist?

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:17 pm

If black people have gang, gun culture then surely the BLM need to address there own house is in order before slaying every white person. As for the white people at these marches, they look ridiculous. I don't have to go to a March to confirm I'm not racist. I know I'm not and I will say what I feel regardless of skin colour. I judge a man on how he is as a man, not what colour he is.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:36 pm

Citysince72 wrote:Absolutely shocking, what a waste of a young life.
I read somewhere black people in America kill many more white people per year than white killing black.
There is racism but in my opinion it's equal more than what the BBC or sky have you believe. People have wrongly played the race card and now it's said after any issue certain elements don't like. When was the last time you heard a white man was the victim of racism. Dianne Abbot Jamaican mothers are the best, she was then asked so black mums ate better than white mum's,she didn't answer, is that it racist?

white homicides are very similar to blacks mate...in that the vast majority of white victims are killed by white men ..
but the way its being portrayed is that blacls are randomly being shot by white men which isn't even close...

and yes that Tyshawn Lee execution is as horrific as youll hear or read.... where were the anti drugs gang protests in Trafalgar square though ? it really is not ALL lives matter.. or even ALL black lives... its what can we find to be PC about and protest...

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Mate you got it in 1, to be PC,
Why cant people just be people AND LIVE AND LET LIVE, the left and Antifa are as bad as any terrorist organisation. But we are PC and as they are against racism (allegedly) then nothing's said. It's nonsense and the BBC itv and sky pander to the left as Brexit proved. This country is on the brink, if we demonstrated for Brexit the batons would have been used by now as Brexit doesn't fit the PC narrative These idiots were probably clapping the NHS now they are very probably now making the NHS a lot busier by being first class idiots