Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ All lives “

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:57 pm

The news everyday has been saying “Black lives matter “

Today when My 10 year old daughter out of the blue sat there and said Daddy / Mummy “Surely All Lives Mater.”

I want her to grow up not even thinking about anyone being different.

Re: “ All lives “

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:04 pm

That’s because she hasn’t been corrupted by social justice. She is of course spot on.

As I stated on another thread, 1000 people get killed by police every year (roughly) and 25% of them are black.

This is not a “black problem” it’s a police brutality problem. The way the race justice groups have hijacked this killing is terrible. All lives matter.

George Floyd will just be another tragic statistic unless everyone can recognise the problem is a nationwide one and come together and fight for everyone.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:09 pm

YDdraigGwyn wrote:That’s because she hasn’t been corrupted by social justice. She is of course spot on.

As I stated on another thread, 1000 people get killed by police every year (roughly) and 25% of them are black.

This is not a “black problem” it’s a police brutality problem. The way the race justice groups have hijacked this killing is terrible. All lives matter.

George Floyd will just be another tragic statistic unless everyone can recognise the problem is a nationwide one and come together and fight for everyone.

You are so spot on, but I don’t want her to grow up even having to think about it.
Her best friends over here in Mallorca are actually, black, another white and the 3rd friend is mixed race.
They have never had to think about it anything different about each other and for me this is going way over the top.

As long as the police man is done for murder and the others Manslaughter that should be it, 24/7 is wrong .

My daughter (glasses)with her friends in school and how it should be, :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
YDdraigGwyn wrote:That’s because she hasn’t been corrupted by social justice. She is of course spot on.

You are so spot on, but I don’t want her to grow up even having to think about it.
Her best friends over here in Mallorca are actually, black, another white and the 3rd friend is mixed race.
They have never had to think about it anything different about each other and for me this is going way over the top.

As long as the police man is done for murder and the others Manslaughter that should be it, 24/7 is wrong .

Yes, it’s ironic really. Those that are claiming to be fighting racism are often the ones to be keeping it alive. It’s very hard to move on as a society when people are still trying to keep it an issue.

I remember a kid dressed up as Wilfried Bony as he was his hero, the kid got absolutely slaughtered because he darkened his skin. He was completely innocent and didn’t see race as a barrier or limitation - just wanted to look like his hero for a day.

Immediately racism was created where there wasn’t any present, just innocence - and just like that racism was kept alive for another child in yet another generation.

Racism absolutely still exists but trying to make every issue faced by society a racist one is just depressing and corrupts innocent children like your daughter who as you say shouldn’t even see race or skin as an issue.

Great photo :thumbright:

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:22 pm

It's because of the way her parents behave that she thinks that way and that is why it won't change overnight, it's inherited behavior which can take generations to change, not overnight.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:41 pm

Absolutely correct. All lives matter. Injustices unfortunately will never be eradicated.

What is worrying about these solidarity marches at this moment in time is the disregard for social distancing at a crucially uncertain period.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:15 pm

People have been sacked for making the points that all lives matter.

An NBA team announcer was sacked this week when asked what he thought about Black Lives Matter. He said “All lives matter, every single one”.

Sacked

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Kids have a habit of nailing it with a simple comment.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 pm

YDdraigGwyn wrote:People have been sacked for making the points that all lives matter.

An NBA team announcer was sacked this week when asked what he thought about Black Lives Matter. He said “All lives matter, every single one”.

Sacked

Shocking, absolutely shocking.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Hardly surprising. Deviation from the snow flake generation and their ideas of socially acceptable language will get this result unfortunately.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 pm

I knew this forum would have a all lives matters post sooner or later.. Yes all lives matter, but yet again we've seen a white police officer not just kill a black man but murder him whilst 3 other officers stood by and did nothing. There's a great anology about a house being on fire and the fire brigade being told to water all the houses in street before the one on fire because all houses matter..... Again people will say the police kill white people aswell but how often do we see videos of white people being murdered by police for being white.... How often do we see white people being racially profiled for being white... How often do we hear about a black man being killed for being black. There was a story about 2 weeks ago. I honestly forget the name where a guy was out running and a man and his son said they thought he looked suspicious so went out and shot him dead with a shotgun.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 pm

...and the 2 black blokes hatcheting a white British soldier to death in broad daylight in London a few years ago

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:09 pm

bluebird04 wrote:I knew this forum would have a all lives matters post sooner or later.. Yes all lives matter, but yet again we've seen a white police officer not just kill a black man but murder him whilst 3 other officers stood by and did nothing. There's a great anology about a house being on fire and the fire brigade being told to water all the houses in street before the one on fire because all houses matter..... Again people will say the police kill white people aswell but how often do we see videos of white people being murdered by police for being white.... How often do we see white people being racially profiled for being white... How often do we hear about a black man being killed for being black. There was a story about 2 weeks ago. I honestly forget the name where a guy was out running and a man and his son said they thought he looked suspicious so went out and shot him dead with a shotgun.

your correct you don't hear of white men being killed..... BECAUSE they are white....its fine to kill white blokes ?

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:14 pm

If someone's a bad bast*rd they will always be a bad bast*rd not matter what colour, race, religion

There is NO NEED to differentiate.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:If someone's a bad bast*rd they will always be a bad bast*rd not matter what colour, race, religion

There is NO NEED to differentiate.

Exactly.

We are all equal and should not or never treat anyone different just because of nationality or the colour of their skin.

I hope they throw away the key of the police officer and the others also go down as it was pure murder but I would say the same if it happened to anyone else .

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:I knew this forum would have a all lives matters post sooner or later.. Yes all lives matter, but yet again we've seen a white police officer not just kill a black man but murder him whilst 3 other officers stood by and did nothing. There's a great anology about a house being on fire and the fire brigade being told to water all the houses in street before the one on fire because all houses matter..... Again people will say the police kill white people aswell but how often do we see videos of white people being murdered by police for being white.... How often do we see white people being racially profiled for being white... How often do we hear about a black man being killed for being black. There was a story about 2 weeks ago. I honestly forget the name where a guy was out running and a man and his son said they thought he looked suspicious so went out and shot him dead with a shotgun.

your correct you don't hear of white men being killed..... BECAUSE they are white....its fine to kill white blokes ?

where did i say its fine to kill white "blokes" how often do we see white people (because women can be white not just blokes) being murdered for being white... thats the problem.

and lee rigby, there was outrage when he was killed, it was a f*cking disgrace, and before people start blaming leftys, as a lefty i hope the killers die a slow and painful death...but he wasnt killed for being white, he was killed for being in the army.

have a look at "Amber Guyger" a police officer in Texas, if i recall correctly she went home, went into the wrong floor of her apartment complex, went into the wrong room ,shot and killed the black man living there. she said she felt fear for her own safety, evidence showed he was unarmed and in his own apartment, a witness heard her screaming "let me in, let me in" she was only sentenced to 10 years, and she has recently filed an appeal. the police during the trial, announced at the scene of the murder they found marijuana at his home. they found evidence on her social media i believe it was, of racist comments and stuff.

i get that kids like to say all lives matters, and its great to hear, it really is. because they dont understand whats really going on.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:44 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

where did i say its fine to kill white "blokes" how often do we see white people (because women can be white not just blokes) being murdered for being white... thats the problem.

and lee rigby, there was outrage when he was killed, it was a f*cking disgrace, and before people start blaming leftys, as a lefty i hope the killers die a slow and painful death...but he wasnt killed for being white, he was killed for being in the army.

have a look at "Amber Guyger" a police officer in Texas, if i recall correctly she went home, went into the wrong floor of her apartment complex, went into the wrong room ,shot and killed the black man living there. she said she felt fear for her own safety, evidence showed he was unarmed and in his own apartment, a witness heard her screaming "let me in, let me in" she was only sentenced to 10 years, and she has recently filed an appeal. the police during the trial, announced at the scene of the murder they found marijuana at his home. they found evidence on her social media i believe it was, of racist comments and stuff.

i get that kids like to say all lives matters, and its great to hear, it really is. because they dont understand whats really going on.

how often do we see white blokes being profiled for being white.... what does that suggest.?
no you don't.. the assumption is they deserve it BECAUSE they are white....
what happened would have been just as bad if it were a white victim and 2 black cops.. it does happen because white men die at the hands of the police as well..

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Of course all lives matter
So go on a protest if you want - as many have - and we can all agree on that - BUT that doesnt mean you get a free TV after the looting.
Espanic lives matter, Asian lives matter as well as White, African, Native Indian and everyone else inbetween. Trump stirring it up hasnt helped and neither has Democrats trying to turn it into a political issue.

They would be far better - just banning guns - they'd save many more lives

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 pm

When PC Keith Blakelock was hacked to death by numerous different perpetrators the entire community came together and shielded the culprits from prosecution and denied justice to his family. The same London community that eulogised that gun toting drug dealing Mark Duggan. How many North Londoners are walking the street today because the police took this man out when they did. Who knows. How many black men need to die in gang violence before the community sits up and ask why are we letting this happen. There's a 2 year old lying in a north London hospital tonight fighting for his life having been shot. Don't know the circumstances yet.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:18 pm

:cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 pm

Again where has this come from that George Floyd was killled for being black?

500+ White people killed by police every year in the US, no mention.

200 ish Black people killed by police every year and there is rioting in the streets, it’s just a black problem, we don’t know what it’s like etc etc etc

I have zero clue where this notion came from that any black killed it’s because of their skin and any white that gets killed is because they probably deserved it.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 pm

You daughter is a spot on. She could teach a lot of adults a thing or two.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:52 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::cry:

A white girl was killed by a white bloke in europe? f**k me someone alert BLM I'm sure this is exactly the news they were waiting to hear! Protests over I imagine.

ah...its ONLY black lives that matter. ?
or infact only black lives where a white cop was involved...?

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 pm

But your daughter doesn't understand. And alot of people here are missing the point.
It's all well and good to say "all lives matter" but here's the point.
All Lives Don't matter until Black lives matter too. If Black lives don't matter then how can you sit there and say "all lives matter".

Let's not twist it into something it's not. It's a fight back against racism where black people go through difficulties every day that white people like you and me haven't had to personally experience for a whole lifetime.
What happened with that Cop murdering George Floyd is only being treated as a murder now for 2 reasons
1: The evidence is there to see on camera
2: The protests and huge movement of support from around the world.

Without all of these protests and attention, that murderer (And the cops who simply stood and watched) would have found a way out, they would have been protected by their own.

Here's two different reactions to what's been going on, I wonder which one you guys fit in and you claim you "understand".
"It's a shame black people keep getting killed by cops but these protests have to stop"
or
"It's a shame these protests are going on but Black people need to stop getting killed by cops"

You see? Playing it down is 100% you choosing the side of the corrupt. "Moving on" and turning a blind eye or just treating this as a one off insident and saying "Okay it's sorted now" is NOT helping. It's actually the reason racism is still a huge issue.

As I said -

- All lives don't matter until black lives matter too.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:34 pm

Yes all lives do matter... no one is arguing against that but black lives seems to mean less though to the cops over in America and in some other western countries. These people are killed whilst they are unarmed, so there is no reason to actually kill them, often they are not resisting arrest. Every murder is horrible and disgusting but that cop who murdered George Floyd would have only lost his job if there weren't any protest because it's happened too many times before. I believe that Breonna Taylor's and Ahrmaud Arberys killers are still free. Yes there is an issue in the police force over there but then there was that women who used a fellas own race against him like a weapon, threatening him that shed phone the police and tell them he was an African american man. To me that's disgusting. You post that picture of Emily Jones which is a tragic loss but reading up on that it seems the killer was caught and put to justice. While there was complete outrage for the death of Lee Rigby, being on the front page of I think every national paper, and his murders have been convicted. But it's just not the killing though, killing is the extreme end of it, it's the ever day treatment, the beatings from cops, the judgement that black people are instantly in gangs or some sort of threat.

Annis it's great that your daughter doesn't see race, I was brought up in the same way being from a mixed race family, never thought any different.It would be awesome if everyone saw the world the same way, but there are kids out there that are brought up not to think that way and there are adults who are enforcing that now. So they may not see difference now but they sure will when they're older unfortunately. It'll take generations for racism, homophobia etc many generations to completely disappear if the majority of families did this, so why do people have to suffer now.

I dont condone the looting at all but there are always people that look to take advantage of a situation. But who loses if these riots bring about police reform nationally?

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:35 pm

LeonSDC wrote:But your daughter doesn't understand. And alot of people here are missing the point.
All Lives Don't matter until Black lives matter too. If Black lives don't matter then how can you sit there and say "all lives matter".

Let's not twist it into something it's not. It's a fight back against racism where black people go through difficulties every day that white people like you and me haven't had to personally experience for a whole lifetime.
What happened with that Cop murdering George Floyd is only being treated as a murder now for 2 reasons

Without all of these protests and attention, that murderer (And the cops who simply stood and watched) would have found a way out, they would have been protected by their own.

Here's two different reactions to what's been going on, I wonder which one you guys fit in and you claim you "understand".
"It's a shame black people keep getting killed by cops but these protests have to stop"
or
"It's a shame these protests are going on but Black people need to stop getting killed by cops"

You see? Playing it down is 100% you choosing the side of the corrupt. "Moving on" and turning a blind eye or just treating this as a one off insident and saying "Okay it's sorted now" is NOT helping. It's actually the reason racism is still a huge issue.

As I said -

- All lives don't matter until black lives matter too.

Right, but why is there a notion that black lives DONT matter off the back of this incident? Has anyone said they don't?

They are saying that because some get killed by police, yes well white people do too, and Hispanic, and Asian etc etc in no greater proportion to the rest when compared to contribution to crime rate.

Why is this about racism, its about police brutality.

Question. If we got rd of racism overnight - does that mean the police stop killing people tomorrow? No is the obvious answer.

If we get rid of police brutality overnight, will that help the issue. Yes is the obvious answer to that.

So why are we making this a race issue when we have zero idea that it had anything to do with race.
Last edited by YDdraigGwyn on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:37 pm

[quote="LeonSDC"]But your daughter doesn't understand. And alot of people here are missing the point.

or

As I said -

- All lives don't matter until black lives matter too.[/quo

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=da ... &FORM=VIRE
does this black life matter ?

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:39 pm

The VAST MAJORITY of police murder victims are now not being represented by this backlash against this latest incident.

I for one think thats horrendous. They are ALL victims of this and is not just something that affects black families.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:56 pm

skidemin wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:But your daughter doesn't understand. And alot of people here are missing the point.

or

As I said -

Why wouldn't it?

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:05 am

LeonSDC wrote:
skidemin wrote:

or

As I said -

Why wouldn't it?

well its hardly been on the news...no protests... bit like the vast majority of blackmen killed there.... bit like Tyshawn lee..
its only newsworthy if it can be spun as racist...
your in the its a shame category … its fckin disgusting is what it is. its a shame my arse..good people killed, maimed, in hospital trying to protect or watching their property destroyed by scum rioters supported by fools.