Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So after 20million

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:45 am

So after letting in 20 million people since March , The UK will start a quarantine against Countries that are way way better than the UK regarding the Virus on the 8th June, what a joke .

The UK Govt from day one,which I have stated time and time again have done it back to front and always been last at everything, embarrassing.

Re: So after 20million

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:So after letting in 20 million people since March , The UK will start a quarantine against Countries that are way way better than the UK regarding the Virus on the 8th June, what a joke .

The UK Govt from day one,which I have stated time and time again have done it back to front and always been last at everything, embarrassing.

Fully agree mate fully agree :banghead:

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Absolutely disgusting.

Massive unchecked influx yet the vast majority of UK dwellers exercising lockdown measures.

Complete shambles.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Ryanair has described plans to force arrivals to the UK to isolate for 14 days as "ineffective and useless".

A spokesman said passengers could potentially spread infection on public transport from the airport, while most visitors from Europe were arriving from countries with lower infection rates.

EasyJet called for a “risk based approach” to be adopted, with “air bridges” in place to remove quarantine for travellers from countries where Covid-19 is under control.

British Airway's parent company IAG reiterated earlier comments from chief executive Willie Walsh, who said that the move has "seriously set back recovery plans" for the airline sector.

The Confederation of British Industry called for more detail on how the policy would be reviewed, and the creation of international travel corridors with key trading partners.

The British Chambers of Commerce said: “Co-ordinated checks at departure and arrival airports, together with other internationally-agreed safety measures, would alleviate the need for a blanket quarantine."

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:10 pm

Boris Johnson faced a lot of criticism from his own MPs earlier over the plans for a blanket quarantine of people coming into the UK.

It’s clear the PM is sticking by the idea, arguing now is the time to take measures to avoid new cases being brought into the country.

It’s not, however, totally clear from the answers we’ve heard at the briefing that the scientists advised taking this approach now.

It is clear that Mr Johnson is going to keep facing pressure on this, both in Westminster and from the aviation and tourism industries.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:32 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Absolutely disgusting.

Massive unchecked influx yet the vast majority of UK dwellers exercising lockdown measures.

Complete shambles.

Absolutely spot on!! At a time when we needed a strong government, we have a bunch of bungling,lying scum bags instead,with no backbone or direction,it's been a nightmare response,and indecision has cost many,many lives,I read somewhere that by the time the next general election comes around,people will have forgotten! I don't think there are many,having been through this pandemic will easily forget it? I will be looking back on this unprecedented event for many years from now, and when I do,I will be brought back to how poorly this government handled the episode,and wil, most certainly not vote for them,not in a million years. I'm still not convinced at the death toll numbers being correct,too many discrepancies in recipording procedures for me,as dying of and dying with something is hugely different,my friends mum was buried yesterday,and her death was registered as chronic copd,with covid 19.and kidney disease,so as you can see,she had 2 serious underlying,life threatening illnesses, and covid was the tipping point for her (RIP). :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:So after letting in 20 million people since March , The UK will start a quarantine against Countries that are way way better than the UK regarding the Virus on the 8th June, what a joke .

Have seen those posts Annis, and we agree that letting in so many with no checks,borders on a criminal act on the citizens of this country, we have been royally screwed by boris and his totally inept cabinet :banghead: and fair dos' I did ask your opinion of boris after you had said you liked him,and you said your mind had been changed, so much so of late regarding him,good to see honesty in posters being open enough to admit their feelings have been changing. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:38 pm

40,000 deaths in uk and the poor man of europe greece
Under 170 deaths in total not even 200 people, they did lockdown early and stopped flights etc who did the right thing?.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:44 pm

We have allowed unlimited travel into these shores without any checks.