Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Trump pumping up disorder

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:52 am

piledriver64 wrote:
G3vans wrote:I rarely post on this board nowadays, but some of the warped views and misinformation on this topic has left me dumfounded and very disappointed.

This isn't about the the left or the right. This isn't purely about Trump(although his handling of this situation, like most things race related has been horrific). This is about minorites being unfairly targeted time and time again. This is about racism. If a certain demographic are shouting this loud, maybe it's time to listen rather than dismiss them like a lot of ignorant people (who quite frankly have NO idea what these people feel like) are doing so in this thread.

Police in America are disproportionately violent against black people. This is shown consistently in facts and figures. This isn't some left wing conspiracy, and this isn't people just playing the race card, this is the reality. Black Americans, criminals or innocent, feel unfairly targeted and victimized by police and they have every right to.

I do not agree with violence and looting, but let's set a few things straight that haven't been mentioned in this thread. It is a minority of people doing the looting, so please don't confuse me them with the many peaceful protesters. The police have been VERY heavy-handed against peaceful protesters and journalists; there is plenty of footage online to showcase this.

:clap:

apart from the OP and piledriver where exactly is the misinformation ?

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:55 am

piledriver64 wrote:
G3vans wrote:I rarely post on this board nowadays, but some of the warped views and misinformation on this topic has left me dumfounded and very disappointed.

This isn't about the the left or the right. This isn't purely about Trump(although his handling of this situation, like most things race related has been horrific). This is about minorites being unfairly targeted time and time again. This is about racism. If a certain demographic are shouting this loud, maybe it's time to listen rather than dismiss them like a lot of ignorant people (who quite frankly have NO idea what these people feel like) are doing so in this thread.

Police in America are disproportionately violent against black people. This is shown consistently in facts and figures. This isn't some left wing conspiracy, and this isn't people just playing the race card, this is the reality. Black Americans, criminals or innocent, feel unfairly targeted and victimized by police and they have every right to.

I do not agree with violence and looting, but let's set a few things straight that haven't been mentioned in this thread. It is a minority of people doing the looting, so please don't confuse me them with the many peaceful protesters. The police have been VERY heavy-handed against peaceful protesters and journalists; there is plenty of footage online to showcase this.

its you he is getting at …..

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:38 pm

Jock wrote:Black Nike’s Matter.

A guy killed by police happens to be black so to protest and honour his memory thousands riot loot and steal. George Floyds sister stated he loved Minneapolis and it would have broke his heart to see it ablaze yet it carries on. I watched a video of a white guy with mental health issues killed by NYPD in a very similar way, no marches, no protests, no violence and no looting? This is not down to Trump, though his looting/shooting quote was crass and stupid, it’s down to extreme Leftwing mobs like BLM and Antifa whipping up opportunist criminals and scum like BBC and CNN legitimising their actions.

Racism is rife in the US and rife among US police. It's a tinder box waiting to erupt. Trump is an idiot fuelling the situation for his own political gains.ie he sees this as an opportunity to boost his popularity via a show of military might. You seem to have a problem with the left for some reason...trying to pin the riots on them. Pure racism is the problem here, which funnily enough normally stems from the right. USA is one of the most unequal countries in the world. Don't take my word for it, have a read of "The Spirit Level " by Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson. It's full of empirical evidence that shows America, the wealthiest country on the planet, to be the worst performing or among the worst performing on a whole range of areas, such as mental health and drug use, physical health, obesity, educational performance, teenage pregnancy, violence as well as imprisonment and punishment. It really is quite shocking. Hardly the land of make believe, the land of opportunity and all the other cliches they like to label themselves with.
The fact that a white policeman, in full view of his colleagues, as well as members of the public, knelt on the neck of a black man for 9 minutes until he died, despite his pleas for help, is an unbelievable thing to happen in any country, let alone a country that sees itself as such a world leading power. There are no words to capture the horror and inhumanity of such an event. With all the discontent that always bubbles just beneath the surface of such an unequal nation is there any real surprise at the anger currently being vented across their country.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

apart from the OP and piledriver where exactly is the misinformation ?

An example of my misinformation?

It may be a different opinion not misinformation.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:44 pm

Totally agree with everything you say mate, but the next paragraph is missing. What’s the solution, without stating “world peace, equality and tolerance” like a 1970‘s Miss World contestant.

The Floyd death was murder. No doubt he didn’t mean to go that far, he was exerting his authority over a big guy and showboated in front of the others coppers, but he was under full control of that situation and could have taken many different paths. He is going down for a long time.

The dopey opportunist rioters and looters have let the state/country off by turning the story to those. One, two, ten or twenty million people non-violent mass marches would cause a wave. MLK held the country to account in a far different time. Nowadays politicians are followers, if the country drifts that way, politicians follow.

America is far more violent than our country, it’s a winner takes all, what’s mine is mine and fcuk you society. The looters took all that night, it’s the system. The problem is when you have something to protect like your family, car, home or thought of your way of life you vote for Tango man, because there is no guarantee the alternative will do it. I watched Biden with the Mayors and governors on CNN and it was nonsense. Oh well at least gun and ammo sales will increase.
144 police officers were killed last year no wonder they get jittery, so I don’t think they recruit from the brightest and best. What do you do though? If they didn’t turn up over the last 2 days god know what may have happened.

As for the Instagram twitter outraged virtue signallers especially the celebrities, film stars and sportsmen do something except whinge. Liverpool FC don’t take a perfectly orchestrated photo on bended knee around the equally spaced centre circle just don’t tour there next season and state you won’t until you see a change. Lewis Hamilton I loved you called out other drivers but how about you not attending the USA grand Prix in Texas or even living in California and thus endorsing the society.

A third of the county like Trump and third hate him, so he is appealing to the third in the middle who fear what they have earnt may be easily taken away. It’s not pretty but effective. The rioters have made it easy for him, as the alternative was to say to the middle third “I am the man to solve the race problem” which he is not, like the 44 presidents that have failed before him.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:34 pm

moonboots wrote:
Jock wrote:Black Nike’s Matter.

A guy killed by police happens to be black so to protest and honour his memory thousands riot loot and steal. George Floyds sister stated he loved Minneapolis and it would have broke his heart to see it ablaze yet it carries on. I watched a video of a white guy with mental health issues killed by NYPD in a very similar way, no marches, no protests, no violence and no looting? This is not down to Trump, though his looting/shooting quote was crass and stupid, it’s down to extreme Leftwing mobs like BLM and Antifa whipping up opportunist criminals and scum like BBC and CNN legitimising their actions.

Racism is rife in the US and rife among US police. It's a tinder box waiting to erupt. Trump is an idiot fuelling the situation for his own political gains.ie he sees this as an opportunity to boost his popularity via a show of military might. You seem to have a problem with the left for some reason...trying to pin the riots on them. Pure racism is the problem here, which funnily enough normally stems from the right. USA is one of the most unequal countries in the world. Don't take my word for it, have a read of "The Spirit Level " by Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson. It's full of empirical evidence that shows America, the wealthiest country on the planet, to be the worst performing or among the worst performing on a whole range of areas, such as mental health and drug use, physical health, obesity, educational performance, teenage pregnancy, violence as well as imprisonment and punishment. It really is quite shocking. Hardly the land of make believe, the land of opportunity and all the other cliches they like to label themselves with.
The fact that a white policeman, in full view of his colleagues, as well as members of the public, knelt on the neck of a black man for 9 minutes until he died, despite his pleas for help, is an unbelievable thing to happen in any country, let alone a country that sees itself as such a world leading power. There are no words to capture the horror and inhumanity of such an event. With all the discontent that always bubbles just beneath the surface of such an unequal nation is there any real surprise at the anger currently being vented across their country.

Couple of things every politician in America is exploiting this situation for political gain.
I was already aware of US inequality but I’ll check out the book you’ve mentioned, if you’ve not read it give Confessions of an Economic Hitman a go.
America is inspiring and depressing in equal measure for me.
What happened to George Floyd was horrible and the cop should rot in jail.
People have every right to protest but the violence and looting isn’t only a handful of people in many cases it’s orchestrated and organised there’s plenty online.
I know America has huge race issues, you only have to look at prison stats , I think 1 in 3 black males between 18-30 will have spent time in jail.
We agree on this except on the reaction, the harm they’re doing to their own communities is insane and punishes societies most vulnerable.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Is Askwith in that one jock..

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:37 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Is Askwith in that one jock..

Yes mate and the bird off the Oxo Ad

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:19 pm

For those who cannot grasp the inequality in the US at the moment, this is what happened when armed white blokes decided they weren't happy with a lockdown which was set in place - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52496514

They were allowed into a gov. building after being temperature checked, allowed to scream in the face of police etc.

They were armed ffs! Can you imagine what would happen if a black group of protesters had marched up to a government building and demanded entry?

Reporters are currently being beaten and pepper sprayed just for reporting on the protests at the moment.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:49 pm

Ironsgeman wrote:Donald Trump is doing his best to start a race war in the states. Telling State governments that he is going deploy the military (which he has no power to do) into their states.In the last few minutes he has got the police and military in Washington DC to break up a peaceful protest outside the Whitehouse so he could walk across to a church and hold up the Bible. This was a planned and considered move to appeal to his base and claim to be a God fearing and upright man. I bet Trump hasn’t been near a Bible since his swearing in. The man is mad and dangerous I hope to f**k he doesn’t get back into power God knows what he’ll do.

You really are a bit of a prick. The military are not allowed to act on US soil. That would be the National Guard who are under the control of the governor of each state. Same as the police. Trump has no control of them. So take your conspiracy theories and fake news and piss off.

Are you aware that the guy who was killed, George Boyd, was a career criminal. One of his crimes was armed robbery. Him and a few others broke into a woman's house and he held a gun to her stomach whilst the others ransacked her house. I'm not shedding any tears for him!

Where are the protests for the white farmers getting killed by blacks in South Africa? Where are the protests for the girls who got raped by Pakistanis in Rochdale, Rotherham and Huddersfield?

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:14 am

Stan_B wrote:
Ironsgeman wrote:Donald Trump is doing his best to start a race war in the states. Telling State governments that he is going deploy the military (which he has no power to do) into their states.In the last few minutes he has got the police and military in Washington DC to break up a peaceful protest outside the Whitehouse so he could walk across to a church and hold up the Bible. This was a planned and considered move to appeal to his base and claim to be a God fearing and upright man. I bet Trump hasn’t been near a Bible since his swearing in. The man is mad and dangerous I hope to f**k he doesn’t get back into power God knows what he’ll do.

You really are a bit of a prick. The military are not allowed to act on US soil. That would be the National Guard who are under the control of the governor of each state. Same as the police. Trump has no control of them. So take your conspiracy theories and fake news and piss off.

Are you aware that the guy who was killed, George Boyd, was a career criminal. One of his crimes was armed robbery. Him and a few others broke into a woman's house and he held a gun to her stomach whilst the others ransacked her house. I'm not shedding any tears for him!

Where are the protests for the white farmers getting killed by blacks in South Africa? Where are the protests for the girls who got raped by Pakistanis in Rochdale, Rotherham and Huddersfield?

Protests against white farmers being killed in SA - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41802942

Protests against grooming gangs (this is just one of many, there's been so many in the UK you have to be burying your head in the sand to even think there's not been any?) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC9CD7MALJQ

For the first part of your comment about military not being allowed to act on US soil, please see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act_of_1807

Never seen so much absolute bollocks in one post on here fairplay.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:15 am

CityBlue93 wrote:For those who cannot grasp the inequality in the US at the moment, this is what happened when armed white blokes decided they weren't happy with a lockdown which was set in place - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52496514

They were allowed into a gov. building after being temperature checked, allowed to scream in the face of police etc.

They were armed ffs! Can you imagine what would happen if a black group of protesters had marched up to a government building and demanded entry?

Reporters are currently being beaten and pepper sprayed just for reporting on the protests at the moment.

Imagine what a black group would if they walked up to a government building plenty of these peacefull protesters have petrol bombed many a police station in these so called peaceful protests

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:19 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:For those who cannot grasp the inequality in the US at the moment, this is what happened when armed white blokes decided they weren't happy with a lockdown which was set in place - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52496514

Imagine what a black group would if they walked up to a government building plenty of these peacefull protesters have petrol bombed many a police station in these so called peaceful protests

Not sure how that's relevant to the point I was making in any way.

If an armed group of black men had walked up, fully armed with automatic weapons and screaming in the face of police and demanding entry, they would've been allowed to enter after a quick temperature check to make sure they didn't have covid - Correct or incorrect?

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

If an armed group of black men had walked up, fully armed with automatic weapons and screaming in the face of police and demanding entry, they would've been allowed to enter after a quick temperature check to make sure they didn't have covid - Correct or incorrect?

You said in you're post imagine if a black group walked up to a government building several have and many have burnt down because of the petrol bombs what petrol bombs they have thrown

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:25 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

You said in you're post imagine if a black group walked up to a government building several have and many have burnt down because of the petrol bombs what petrol bombs they have thrown

Which black bloke burnt down a police station? Names? Photo evidence?

Since you've seemingly found the suspect better forward it on to the Minneapolis police?

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

and what's the rioting and looting got to do with covid apart from the lack of social distancing or are you just another leftie moron bleating about trump someone who doesnt effect anybody whatdo ever in the uk but yet the lefties cant help but bleat about him

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

Which black bloke burnt down a police station? Names? Photo evidence?

Since you've seemingly found the suspect better forward it on to the Minneapolis police?

Theres tons upon tons of videos you complete cretin

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:29 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

And just to confirm, were these people black people you saw allowed entry to the building? Seeing as the people I mentioned in my initial comment were allowed to walk in with automatic weapons I'm guessing the same treatment was afforded to the rioters?

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:30 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

And just to confirm, were these people black people you saw allowed entry to the building? Seeing as the people I mentioned in my initial comment were allowed to walk in with automatic weapons I'm guessing the same treatment was afforded to the rioters?

No they burnt several police stations businesses homes cars other buildings down or did you fail to see any of that

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:35 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

So what's you're stance then on the vast widespread violence looting rioting arson criminal damage going on then or are you one of these who thinks it's fair and just ????

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

No they burnt several police stations businesses homes cars other buildings down or did you fail to see any of that

Who's the 'they' exactly? I've seen White, Black, Asian, Latino and every ethnicity under the sun protesting and rioting at the moment in the USA. Seeing as you have insider knowledge who was responsible for burning these several police stations, businesses etc?

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

Who's the 'they' exactly? I've seen White, Black, Asian, Latino and every ethnicity under the sun protesting and rioting at the moment in the USA. Seeing as you have insider knowledge who was responsible for burning these several police stations, businesses etc?

What's you're stance on the rioting

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:40 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

Well dont you think you should give in names also

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:44 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

There's a lot of dickheads across ALL RACES who are taking advantage of the rioting. They are looting and making a mockery of what the protests are about.

That doesn't take away from the vast majority who are protesting for a valid reason. The Mayor DC even said that people had the right to protest until their curfew, and half an hour before the curfew police started running riot and pepper spraying peaceful protestors.

Police are beating camera crews and journalists just for reporting what's going on ffs! If a group of people have the right to go, armed to the teeth, at the start of the month to protest against the lockdown, then equally you can't deny that people are allowed to walk the streets unarmed to protest what is currently being protested.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:48 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

Well dont you think you should give in names also

Names of who?! Look at a picture of the riots you can see people of all races. Send me a picture of a black man burning down a police station and I'll accept whatever point you're trying to make through that comment?!

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 am

Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
Chippy82 wrote:

What’s people’s thoughts on the Federal Officer murdered by “protestors “ or the policeman shot and on life support in Las Vegas.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:45 am

Depends what colour they are jock..

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:09 am

If they white officers killed or injured by blacks. Then the blacks are racist. Which we all know they are anyway. If white people are racist like they say.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:11 am

Why don’t people get so upset when a black person loses they life by the hands of another black person?

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 am

rumpo kid wrote:Depends what colour they are jock..

The guy murdered in Oakland was black.