Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

well done dave jones!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:48 pm

thancks for the last 5 weeks for some cracking signings and a great start to the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: well done dave jones!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:52 pm

ditto :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 pm

DAVEY JONES' BARMY ARMY!!!!

The best manager we've had, certainly in my time and it's a long time!!!

UP THE CITY!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:40 pm

Dave Jones is the best Cardiff manager we have ever had.

Thats my opinion. We should sing his name more.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Magners wrote:Dave Jones is the best Cardiff manager we have ever had.

Thats my opinion. We should sing his name more.

I agree. I think he should even be allowed to call himself Dai now - now that's a honour! :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:06 am

My judgement is still on hold over the guy.

I'll use DJs arguments against him for now until he has proved himself. He has said a lack of strength has been the downfall of the team. Well he has his strength now so let him produce. Infact this bit is gradually sinking in with me as I have not quite come to terms with what has happened over the last 3 weeks but now he has more than strength in depth as he has the strongest squad in the league. So far things are going good and so they should be. No excuse now.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am

I take your point about reserving judgement because I guess this season will prove how successful DJ's reign will be viewed.

But on the point of our best manager ever (and I'm going back to Frank Burrows 1st stint) who do you think has been better based on DJ to this point?

In my opinion DJ is the best manager I've seen but if he can't get this bunch of players up then there is something missing.

UP THE CITY.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:57 am

The guy deserves respect from us.
When you think about what he has achieved since he took over and the circumstances in which he has worked in, he has done pretty well.

He can come across as a little abrasive with the press but that is a good thing IMO.
HE has assembled this side and most of the players respect him which is huge in this player power environment that is now football.

I am very much in the Dave Jones in camp.
He will deliver this season!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 pm

I think the days of 'reserving judgement' on our manager should be
long gone.

Time to give him the benefit of the doubt and the credit he deserves.

There's nothing wrong with the 'doubting Thomas's'....

But even though they may not yet be convinced..

NOWS THE TIME TO GIVE HIM 100% BACKING!!!!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:My judgement is still on hold over the guy.

I'll use DJs arguments against him for now until he has proved himself. He has said a lack of strength has been the downfall of the team. Well he has his strength now so let him produce. Infact this bit is gradually sinking in with me as I have not quite come to terms with what has happened over the last 3 weeks but now he has more than strength in depth as he has the strongest squad in the league. So far things are going good and so they should be. No excuse now.

the reason we have this strength and depth is because of dave jones's commitment to the club, his drive and ambition and long list of football contacts and experience and of course the malaysians,

best manager Cardiff City have ever had, FACT ! just look at the team he has put to together (WITHOUT MONEY) and the fantastic passing flowing football we have the pleasure of watching, ok he fucked up in the play offs, but sir alex fucks up and so does mourinio, give jonesy the credit he deserves !

WERE GOING UP AS f*cking CHAMPIONS ! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 pm

i think it is about time we got 100% behind him as i feel the fans have got behind far worse managers than him before now,i thinck a lot of fans views are personal and not managereal,annis i know you your opinion on him is not good as ive read it many times, but the trouble is a lot of people listen to what you say and and slate him themselves,we have come a long way under him so all i say is give him this season to see what happens and get right behind him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 pm

If someone had told me 10 years ago...wed be playing in the FA CUP final,banging on the door of the premier league,playing in a brand new stadium and we be signing a top 5 premiership player in a few years time......Id say "things like that dont happen to cardiff city"
everyone has an opinion and in my mind DJ must go down as the Best manager our beloved club has ever had....Mark my words,if he ever goes Cardiff City will fall apart..
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:43 pm

lordninian wrote:If someone had told me 10 years ago...wed be playing in the FA CUP final,banging on the door of the premier league,playing in a brand new stadium and we be signing a top 5 premiership player in a few years time......Id say "things like that dont happen to cardiff city"
everyone has an opinion and in my mind DJ must go down as the Best manager our beloved club has ever had....Mark my words,if he ever goes Cardiff City will fall apart..

Spot on there lordninian, if someone said that to me 10 years ago or even 5 years ago i would pissed myself laughing lets be honest he has done a great job and this club would struggle without him,why so many people love to hate this guy i just dont see it,cracking photo above your name by the way. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Jones is a lucky manager both on and off the pitch. Off the pitch he is lucky to have TG & VT bankrolling his ambition, on the pitch the Chopra injury forced his hand into playing our best formation.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:54 pm

lordninian wrote:If someone had told me 10 years ago...wed be playing in the FA CUP final,banging on the door of the premier league,playing in a brand new stadium and we be signing a top 5 premiership player in a few years time......Id say "things like that dont happen to cardiff city"

Bloody hell where were you 10 years ago? All that was Sam Hammam's dream if I remember rightly ;)

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm

10 Years ago? I'd say 5 years ago I would have been surprised too, truth be known.
I haven't always been a great admirer of Jones, but then again, none of us have ever had ALL the facts about what he's been up against. I think my opinion has changed a lot since the riddler left. It's as though DJ's hands have been untied.(even down to team formation) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Jones is a lucky manager both on and off the pitch. Off the pitch he is lucky to have TG & VT bankrolling his ambition, on the pitch the Chopra injury forced his hand into playing our best formation.

so are you saying any manager who has the backing of they're board are lucky.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:20 pm

10 years ago we were in the dungeon. Along came Sam and we end up in the Championship. DJ inherited a reasonable squad and did well in his first season to keep us safe in the league. The next 4 years under him we saw our club go on a high then a down but we stayed in the league. Alot of people were saying he has done well to establish us as a Championship club. I just cannot agree with this.

I started watching City in the early 70s when we missed out on promotion to the old 1st division. Alot of rumours going around then that we did not want to go up. Whatever people think I have always felt that the least we should be at. Little did I expect us to fall and fall along way. Things were not right and no one in charge sems to care until Sam came along.

Once we were back in the Championship I said that was it we are back to were we should be and this time no messing about, lets go for it. Sam was in charge and things were looking good. Then Sam left and things as we know looked uncertain again. After a lucky miss from relegation DJ came in an steadied a ship. Good I thought but really there is no reason why we cant be pushing and we have been since. I'm convinced we would have got to a play off position if it was not for our FA cup run. We all know next we just missed out on a PO following season and we know what happened last time. The thing is the common factor was our small squad was used as an excuse for our failing with DJ leading the arguments.

Personally I felt DJ was given a chance last season. Remember we had signed Chopra plus a few others and only lost one or two good players. Unfortunately it was not quite enough and I dont want to go into what I thought was wrong but one thing was clear from this was DJ drummed it in about depth of the squad. The Riddler season ticket scam DJ started to show his divorce from the chairman.

So we know about DJs grieviance now very well. Now we are into a new season and he has set out his stall. He has now been given what he wants. We are seeing an answer to the plan B we all whinged about. Is there anything else we can think about that can be used as an excuse, that being a genuine one? No there is not, everything looks in place for take off. The engines have ignited and DJ is now in the driving seat that he has been asking for. Its down to him now plus a bit of support from us the fans.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:19 pm

beaky wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Jones is a lucky manager both on and off the pitch. Off the pitch he is lucky to have TG & VT bankrolling his ambition, on the pitch the Chopra injury forced his hand into playing our best formation.

so are you saying any manager who has the backing of they're board are lucky.

Dead lucky mate.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:10 years ago we were in the dungeon. Along came Sam and we end up in the Championship. DJ inherited a reasonable squad and did well in his first season to keep us safe in the league. The next 4 years under him we saw our club go on a high then a down but we stayed in the league. Alot of people were saying he has done well to establish us as a Championship club. I just cannot agree with this.

I started watching City in the early 70s when we missed out on promotion to the old 1st division. Alot of rumours going around then that we did not want to go up. Whatever people think I have always felt that the least we should be at. Little did I expect us to fall and fall along way. Things were not right and no one in charge sems to care until Sam came along.

Once we were back in the Championship I said that was it we are back to were we should be and this time no messing about, lets go for it. Sam was in charge and things were looking good. Then Sam left and things as we know looked uncertain again. After a lucky miss from relegation DJ came in an steadied a ship. Good I thought but really there is no reason why we cant be pushing and we have been since. I'm convinced we would have got to a play off position if it was not for our FA cup run. We all know next we just missed out on a PO following season and we know what happened last time. The thing is the common factor was our small squad was used as an excuse for our failing with DJ leading the arguments.

Personally I felt DJ was given a chance last season. Remember we had signed Chopra plus a few others and only lost one or two good players. Unfortunately it was not quite enough and I dont want to go into what I thought was wrong but one thing was clear from this was DJ drummed it in about depth of the squad. The Riddler season ticket scam DJ started to show his divorce from the chairman.

So we know about DJs grieviance now very well. Now we are into a new season and he has set out his stall. He has now been given what he wants. We are seeing an answer to the plan B we all whinged about. Is there anything else we can think about that can be used as an excuse, that being a genuine one? No there is not, everything looks in place for take off. The engines have ignited and DJ is now in the driving seat that he has been asking for. Its down to him now plus a bit of support from us the fans.

Good post Baked and we obviously think very much alike on Jones. I totally agree he has no more excuses to fall back on (one you forgot was the lack of a training ground ;) ) and that includes any injuries or suspensions during the season because this time he has depth to his squad.

The Championship title and automatic promotion are there for the taking, anything less will be failure.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 pm

With the Malaysians in place and everything else like the training ground and academy I expect DJ to keep us in the premier when we get there. Then I will accept he is a good manager

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Two valid posts above on dave jones,both your posts have stated the excuses or gripes he has come up with in the past and there is another 1 were he had to sell a player for the first couple of seasons to balance the books.The thing i dont get is why are only mentioning the negatives and not thincking of the positives he has done for the club,some of the players he has brought in and sold on for large profit,f.a. cup final we've been in plenty of them over the years have'nt we and the squad he has assembled this season is top draw.one last point,do you thinck any of the players he has signed would be here now if it was'nt for him.It is a massive season for him and he needs to deliver so lets get 100% behind him thats all im saying. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 pm

My argument about his selling one player to balance the books then bring in a loanee to replace them is this. Just look at the opposition we have been playing again in the few couple of years. Bristol City came up and got to a PO spot on a weaker squad. Swansea just missed out in their first year back in the Championship, look at their squad compared to what we had. Stoke went up on loanees and we know about Blackpool. What I am trying to say here is that the league has not been that strong than what some people think.

Adding to all that this season it is alot weaker. There are no 2 strong favourites for the auto places. Actually we could be considered one of them. This adds to the ammo that DJ has even less excuse now if there is any reason to use.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:My argument about his selling one player to balance the books then bring in a loanee to replace them is this. Just look at the opposition we have been playing again in the few couple of years. Bristol City came up and got to a PO spot on a weaker squad. Swansea just missed out in their first year back in the Championship, look at their squad compared to what we had. Stoke went up on loanees and we know about Blackpool. What I am trying to say here is that the league has not been that strong than what some people think.

Adding to all that this season it is alot weaker. There are no 2 strong favourites for the auto places. Actually we could be considered one of them. This adds to the ammo that DJ has even less excuse now if there is any reason to use.

I hear what your Saying the league has'nt been that strong i thought last season newcastle and west brom were hard to get to and was hard to get automatic,but this season i think its the weakest its been since we've been in the championship.with the squad we are assembling i really believe this could be our season and we could take some stopping,and i dont thinck any other manager in the championship could have assembled the squad dave jones has .

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Cheers Davey J :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 pm

beaky wrote:thancks for the last 5 weeks for some cracking signings and a great start to the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now he can be FAIRLY judged. :old:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:00 pm

got to be honest that is my thoughts exactly! dave jones has done a lot for city! hats off! but we were getting overrun by doncaster until chops got injured and we went with one up top! WE WERE UNPLAYABLE AFTER THAT! i hope that dj has seen sense and a rigid 4 4 2 is not the way forward! i live in hope!!