Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lockdown link to weather?

Sun May 31, 2020 2:21 pm

I've been saying it mainly to myself for ages, for me the lockdown, restrictions on travel and scarcity of vapour trails have had a glorious effect on the weather.

I'm not a fully qualified scientist, meteorologist or tap dancer, but I'm convinced there is a definite provable link

It cannot be a coincidence.

:)

Re: Lockdown link to weather?

Sun May 31, 2020 2:31 pm

It's Drakeford.

He's put the rain over Wales on permanent lockdown and it can't travel more than 5 miles so can't fall on us.

:thumbup:

Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 pm

Weather people said it's been the sunniest weather March - April - May - Since 1929 :o

Sun May 31, 2020 4:39 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:I've been saying it mainly to myself for ages, for me the lockdown, restrictions on travel and scarcity of vapour trails have had a glorious effect on the weather.

I'm not a fully qualified scientist, meteorologist or tap dancer, but I'm convinced there is a definite provable link

There’s some mileage in it.. the theory is that vapour trails scatter photons, and as the UK has many flight paths, these photons deviate and land on Spain and Greece. We should probably tax them for this benefit in kind..

You being a partly qualified tap dancer, would be fully aware of the principles of photon scatter..

Sun May 31, 2020 4:43 pm

I could've been the Welsh Billy Elliot.

My tap teacher kept harping on about photon scatter and I just crumbled

Sun May 31, 2020 7:58 pm

It's supposed to be down the jet stream, if it's over us it brings shit loads of rain, but it's not at the moment and this is the benefit?

Again I'm no expert by any means but that's what I read?

Sun May 31, 2020 8:15 pm

davids wrote:It's Drakeford.

He's put the rain over Wales on permanent lockdown and it can't travel more than 5 miles so can't fall on us.

:thumbup:

;)

Sun May 31, 2020 8:49 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:I've been saying it mainly to myself for ages, for me the lockdown, restrictions on travel and scarcity of vapour trails have had a glorious effect on the weather.

its covid mate
someone jumps of a cliff its covid
dies from gun shot wounds....covid
why not the weather..

Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 pm

Record-breaking sunny weather lures UK crowds outside

With lockdown rules easing, people have been flocking to beaches and parks to enjoy warm weather as the UK sees its sunniest spring since records began in 1929.

Dr Mark McCarthy from the Met Office's national climate information centre said parts of England had also seen "exceptionally dry" conditions this month, with less than 10mm of rain falling on average.

Someone did their Homework ;) :lol: :lol: :clap:

Sun May 31, 2020 11:38 pm

skidemin wrote:

its covid mate
someone jumps of a cliff its covid
dies from gun shot wounds....covid
why not the weather..

Well it does cause high temperatures ;) :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:23 am

High temperature :)

Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 pm

May 2020 sunniest on records as thousands flout lockdown rules to enjoy the weather

May has been an exceptionally dry and sunny month this year, with the month becoming the sunniest the UK has seen since records began, the Met Office said.

The news follows a sunny weekend in Britain that saw thousands flout lockdown rules, with police in England warning that rules are now “unenforceable” and Nicola Sturgeon warning Scots that travel limits may have to be put into law.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm

Once the usual rain kicks in I'm sure social distancing will prevail.

Waiting in the rain not as appealing as standing round in the sunshine.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Once the usual rain kicks in I'm sure social distancing will prevail.

Waiting in the rain not as appealing as standing round in the sunshine.

Looks like you get your wish :lol: will be great turning up to a supermarket, and walking straight in :thumbup: as I'm now shopping chief!! Mrs won't go,due to "people queueing up my arse!" Plus the country needs rain badly.I will say I sent a screenshot of the weather to my mate in bodrum in Turkey, as we had six consecutive days,which were warmer than there! Wont be repeating it this week it looks :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:12 am

Police said there is clear coalation with crowded beaches/ beauty spots to the hot weather. :old:

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:Police said there is clear coalation with crowded beaches/ beauty spots to the hot weather. :old:

genuinely shocked at this news.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:52 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Police said there is clear coalation with crowded beaches/ beauty spots to the hot weather. :old:

genuinely shocked at this news.

Well yesterday down where I live at 5pm there was a steady stream of cars coming back from coast it was busier than any hot summer day, considering there is only one beach behond newgale and st davids is a ghost town at moment that takes some doing considering the lockdown rules? Today blowing 50mph gale and cold so not a car insight :laughing6:

Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:52 pm

I hate the rain. Yet...

The numbers of people out and about today dramatically reduced.

Stay home/ stay dry

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:26 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:I hate the rain. Yet...

The numbers of people out and about today dramatically reduced.

Stay home/ stay dry

Spot On .

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Lockdown eased and sunny weather gone. I'm no rocket scientist but anyone else jumping to conclusions?

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:19 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Lockdown eased and sunny weather gone. I'm no rocket scientist but anyone else jumping to conclusions?

less travel = warmer
more travel = cools down
Greta must be gutted... :lol:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:04 am

Foghorn65 wrote:Lockdown eased and sunny weather gone. I'm no rocket scientist but anyone else jumping to conclusions?

Another factor to the weather getting bad. My Mrs has bought a front door mat saying

"Summers here!"

Rained ever since.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:50 am

Foghorn65 wrote:

Another factor to the weather getting bad. My Mrs has bought a front door mat saying

"Summers here!"

Rained ever since.

Get a divorce if I were you shes a jinx :laughing6:

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Foghorn65 wrote:

"Summers here!"

Rained ever since.

Get a divorce if I were you shes a jinx :laughing6:

Laughed out loud then, Mrs asked why.... I bottled it