Drakeford

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Drakeford

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:40 am

stickywicket wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Coronavirus: Tory MPs demand evidence for five-mile travel advice

Eleven Conservative MPs have called on Welsh ministers to explain the "scientific basis" behind the decision to allow more activity outdoors - but only locally.

On Monday people in Wales were given the right to go outdoors and meet others from another household, but only within a local area.

A restriction of five miles was given as a "general rule".

The Welsh Government was asked for comment.

First Minister Mark Drakeford said the decision aimed to reduce the risk of coronavirus spreading.

The five-mile guidance has been heavily criticised by Senedd Welsh Conservatives, who have accused the Welsh Government of ignoring the needs of rural communities.
Scientific advisors to the Conservative UK government have expressed concern at the speed lockdown is being eased in England. In England, the UK government has allowed for unlimited travel and for groups of six to meet.

A letter penned by Ynys Mon MP Virginia Crosbie, and signed by all Welsh Tory MPs barring the Welsh Secretary Simon Hart and Wales Office minister David TC Davies, asked for the scientific basis for the travel rule and interpretation of it "given that in England there is no restriction on how far you can travel".

It asked if "delays in linking up to the UK testing portal and delays in rolling out Wales' own track and trace digital platform impacted the reluctance to lift measures".

Contact tracing began on Monday, although an IT system to support it will not be in place until next week.

The letter also asked if any assessment had been done of the public health impact of an "overextended lockdown" in Wales, and of any mental health and educational impacts from delaying reopening the economy.

Out in the Country. if you travel 5 Country miles to get to the shop you can travel 5 country miles to see relatives in the garden.However have a piss before you leave home as you can't use the bog when you get there.

Just doesn't make sense 5 miles around Cardiff is hundreds thousands of people is that minimal risk distance! Yet here it's one man and dog or sheep..... its 16 miles to nearest big store here!!
The more he trys to explain his decision making worst he sounds :o
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:26 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:I don't get all this anti-Drakeford stuff. I am not an apologist for him in any way, but I just don't get it.

Nicola Sturgeon, carries a huge wave of popular Scotish opinion for the way she has managed events over the border. They trust her and accept that she is taking decisions based on the safety of the people of Scotland. She has been going forward at the same pace as Drakeford.

Some might say that UK Government have fudged lots of things during the panedemic. Many are scared that in their haste to get the wheels of commerce turning again and protect the Treasury, that BJ is pushing on too speedily. Senior scientists from SAGE are publically saying that the pace of the unlocking of lockdown by BJ is not based on the science and is a political decision.

Poor old Drakeford, gets it in the neck for daring to be more cautious with the health and well being of the Welsh people. A Welsh public that demographically is the most unwell and least well off citizens in the Union.

As I say, I just don't get it.

Incidently, the support for businesses afforded by WG via Business Wales is massive.

He talks to people like they are three "the prooobblllem wiitth the virruuss is it can pass from one person to annnother" it takes him a minute to say the most obvious sentence in the World!

Plus he's scruffy and makes pathetic decisions, but apart for that, he's great. :roll:

What's the point in limiting it to five miles and then putting no limit at all on the numbers of people that can meet, two multi-generational households of 15 each can meet up in a garden?

I cringe when he's interviewed, people in England must think what the feck, he makes Boris look like a genius!
Bluebina

Postby Foghorn65 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 pm

Just so uninspiring.
Foghorn65

Postby goats » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:14 am

Foghorn65 wrote:Just so uninspiring.

Nevermind that what’s the point in GJ yet again going on about a second wave in October? Trying to scare the old and vulnerable into hiding indoors again? After just telling them to pop outside. We all know it’s flu season in October, I’m sure most people will be worried about the thought of losing ones job by then if those on furlough are just laid off.
Wales has had one of the longest lockdowns anywhere my mate told me yesterday, we still can’t even play tennis outside Whereas the rest Of Europe can....we need some inspirational leaders big time.
goats

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:13 am

goats wrote:

Nevermind that what’s the point in GJ yet again going on about a second wave in October? Trying to scare the old and vulnerable into hiding indoors again? After just telling them to pop outside. We all know it’s flu season in October, I’m sure most people will be worried about the thought of losing ones job by then if those on furlough are just laid off.
Wales has had one of the longest lockdowns anywhere my mate told me yesterday, we still can’t even play tennis outside Whereas the rest Of Europe can....we need some inspirational leaders big time.

He basically said same thing about this summer wrote it off and said must try save next summer .... people need positivity not negativity in these times :?
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Wales will consider making face coverings compulsory on public transport, the First Minister has said.

Mark Drakeford said England's decision to bring in a requirement for coverings had raised issues for people commuting between the two countries.

It came as Public Health Wales said a further four people had died after testing positive for coronavirus, taking the total number of deaths to 1,383, while the number of positive cases grew by 76 to 14,314.

On Friday, Mr Drakeford was questioned about his government's position on non-medical coverings after a trade union representing doctors in Wales said bringing in rules would help control the spread of Covid-19 and save lives.

Mr Drakeford told the Government's daily press briefing in Cardiff:

"The context for face coverings has changed because of an announcement made yesterday in England about mandatory use of face masks on public transport.

"That will not come in until June 15, and that gives us a short number of days in order to consider the position here in Wales recognising that changed context."
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:12 pm

The man is a joke! On 19th june we We'll consider decision for when shops open we will consider position of face mask use next week! Take look at school transport next week after saying they will be open first... no garauntee anything will happen! The man cant make a decision to save his life.? We are 3/4 weeks behind rest of uk, businesses wont be opening when he decides it's safe to open as to late because summer season will be over.. :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby goats » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:The man is a joke! On 19th june we We'll consider decision for when shops open we will consider position of face mask use next week! Take look at school transport next week after saying they will be open first... no garauntee anything will happen! The man cant make a decision to save his life.? We are 3/4 weeks behind rest of uk, businesses wont be opening when he decides it's safe to open as to late because summer season will be over.. :shock:

He’s going to open camp sites on October 1st, the clown.
goats

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:02 pm

goats wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:The man is a joke! On 19th june we We'll consider decision for when shops open we will consider position of face mask use next week! Take look at school transport next week after saying they will be open first... no garauntee anything will happen! The man cant make a decision to save his life.? We are 3/4 weeks behind rest of uk, businesses wont be opening when he decides it's safe to open as to late because summer season will be over.. :shock:

Wouldn't be surprised! :D I am extremely glad I'm up here and living a relatively simple existence doing same as before lockdown! Whilst Cardiff people are going to have to go one way shopping.... fight to get on a bus or train seat from valleys ect to get to centre and negotiate ques to get into shops and anywhere else you care to mention...
pembroke allan

Postby davids » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised! :D I am extremely glad I'm up here and living a relatively simple existence doing same as before lockdown! Whilst Cardiff people are going to have to go one way shopping.... fight to get on a bus or train seat from valleys ect to get to centre and negotiate ques to get into shops and anywhere else you care to mention...

Listen Allan - this first class politician has thoroughly deserved the 4.4% pay rise he's just been handed for the impeccable way he's dealt with the entire crisis in Wales.

Every day he's tried hard to listen to everybody else before deciding who to copy and who to contradict. Stop trying to rush him into making decisions which might affect the people of Wales in a positive way.

A true giant of Welsh politics who'll be remembered for years to come.

As an overpaid, incompetent, wet fart of a First Minister who presided over the death of the Welsh economy.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:39 pm

davids wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
goats wrote:

Listen Allan - this first class politician has thoroughly deserved the 4.4% pay rise he's just been handed for the impeccable way he's dealt with the entire crisis in Wales.

Every day he's tried hard to listen to everybody else before deciding who to copy and who to contradict. Stop trying to rush him into making decisions which might affect the people of Wales in a positive way.

A true giant of Welsh politics who'll be remembered for years to come.

As an overpaid, incompetent, wet fart of a First Minister who presided over the death of the Welsh economy.

David last paragraph just about sums him up :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:17 am

goats wrote:

It's already decided,that my mother who has just for the first time stepped into her street,because she has had lung surgery previously,is classed as vulnerable, and will be asked to "shield" until August at least!! Bearing in mind she has already spent 14 weeks locked away,on her own (my dad has passed :sad7: ) going doolally bless her,we genuinely are starting to worry for her mental health,as she is a very active 80 yr old under normal conditions, doing keep,fit twice a week,and enjoying a good social life to boot.she is a complete technophobe, and struggles with her laptop, we at least have got her to manage whatsapp video call,because without it??? :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby davids » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Another great pronouncement from this grade one prick today.

His latest great idea is to kill off the entire Welsh tourist industry by stating that Wales is to remain closed to visitors for the summer.

What the f**k does this clown think he is doing? Three dead today. 3.5 million population - let's keep the whole country closed down indefinitely.

Absolutely determined to completely f**k over the Welsh people and the Welsh economy with nothing to justify his actions.

Treating the Welsh people with absolute contempt and revelling in the misplaced power that he has been given.

Has no idea how to try to get the country back on it's feet. Doesn't give a shit about the effect that his narrow minded viewpoint is having on the Welsh economy or the mental health of it's population or the education of it's children.

An absolute joke of a politician.

Thinking of starting a new movement.

Welsh Lives Matter.

f*cking knob.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:23 pm

davids wrote:Another great pronouncement from this grade one prick today.

His latest great idea is to kill off the entire Welsh tourist industry by stating that Wales is to remain closed to visitors for the summer.

What the f**k does this clown think he is doing? Three dead today. 3.5 million population - let's keep the whole country closed down indefinitely.

Absolutely determined to completely f**k over the Welsh people and the Welsh economy with nothing to justify his actions.

Treating the Welsh people with absolute contempt and revelling in the misplaced power that he has been given.

Has no idea how to try to get the country back on it's feet. Doesn't give a shit about the effect that his narrow minded viewpoint is having on the Welsh economy or the mental health of it's population or the education of it's children.

An absolute joke of a politician.

Thinking of starting a new movement.

Welsh Lives Matter.

f*cking knob.

Even sturgeon gives positive sounds when she talks! he gives fck all other than wont promise anything need to wait not sure what he's waiting for the figures have been low for ages, latest one is pembroke national park open to locals the tw*t doesn't even know we can already do that as we live there like I do.... dont need car parks we just walk . :o
pembroke allan

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:11 am

Who did you vote for at the last Welsh Assembly Elections ?

Remember - this time next year they are all up for re Election as it's the Welsh Assembly elections.

After 21 years of Labour in power - personally - I think it's time for a change
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 am

There needs to be the other option on the ballot paper..referendum to scrap it, stay as we are, or independence.
rumpo kid

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:47 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Who did you vote for at the last Welsh Assembly Elections ?

Remember - this time next year they are all up for re Election as it's the Welsh Assembly elections.

After 21 years of Labour in power - personally - I think it's time for a change

The labour council should be kicked out dome nothing but degrade city transport wise
pembroke allan

Previous

Return to General Chat